Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

I don't like that Animal Man is being removed but the "last chance" announcement did push me to start re-reading it on the service last night and I'm glad it did.

There are so many comics on there now--and so many more about to be added--it's hard to decide what to read.

I'm pretty blown away by all they're adding this month. Here's a link to what's coming next week since posting the list would probably take up a whole page of this thread. Reading this list actually gave me a headache because there's so much here...

https://www.dcuniverse.com/community...k-to-dc-univ_1

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I don't like that Animal Man is being removed but the "last chance" announcement did push me to start re-reading it on the service last night and I'm glad it did.

There are so many comics on there now--and so many more about to be added--it's hard to decide what to read.

I'm pretty blown away by all they're adding this month. Here's a link to what's coming next week since posting the list would probably take up a whole page of this thread. Reading this list actually gave me a headache because there's so much here...

https://www.dcuniverse.com/community...k-to-dc-univ_1
    I believe that's this week.

I've seen that they added the JLA (1960) issues listed on there. I actually posted in the forum about #253's pages being out of order.
    And I've seen the 1991 JSA mini and Shadowpact on there today, too.

I was also glad that they filled in the gaps on Secret Origins. Particularly the first issue of the three part JLI origins.

I can understand about being overwhelmed.
    I now have no reason to not read. And while I have many of the comics on Comixology, I don't have everything that interests me.

This service will go a long way towards filtering what I want to read vs. what I want to buy. So now there will seem to be more value in my purchases.
    Don't know if that makes sense.

And I'm okay with it not having (most of) Vertigo. I can always get those from Hoopla or Comixology.
    It actually kinda makes DCUniverse feel like a newsstand (in a cinema, lol) and Comixology feel like a comic shop you go to for those more high-brow fringe comics that don't sell well to the general superhero fans.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

https://thegww.com/rumor-dc-shutting...ibly-in-doubt/

Saw this on Reddit. Hoping it's just a silly rumor. Doom Patrol has been excellent, I'm loving the renewed focus on comics and I'm especially excited for Stargirl and the prospect of a live action JSA. Would hate for the service to be muddled into a general WB app.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    https://thegww.com/rumor-dc-shutting...ibly-in-doubt/

Saw this on Reddit. Hoping it's just a silly rumor. Doom Patrol has been excellent, I'm loving the renewed focus on comics and I'm especially excited for Stargirl and the prospect of a live action JSA. Would hate for the service to be muddled into a general WB app.
    Yeah, it sounds like Swamp Thing's production wrapping early isn't related to the health of DCUniverse, which seems to be doing pretty good.
    Swamp Thing's issues are most likely due to something internal on their side.

The rumor sounds to me to be just fearmongering, probably started by someone who doesn't like DC.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Yeah, it sounds like Swamp Thing's production wrapping early isn't related to the health of DCUniverse, which seems to be doing pretty good.
    Swamp Thing's issues are most likely due to something internal on their side.

The rumor sounds to me to be just fearmongering, probably started by someone who doesn't like DC.
    wont that mean the show wil end eraly lleaving dcu withouth new conent for a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    wont that mean the show wil end eraly lleaving dcu withouth new conent for a few weeks
    I think the second half of Young Justice overlapped with the first half of Swamp Thing, so they should still be good.

But what is going to happen to dc universe, boomerang and hbo's streaming services when wb's streaming service comes out? Disney came out swinging and if wb wants to fight back it will need all it's ip's. Are they going to keep them as their own or merge them into one like Disney is marvel on it's service?

Scooby-doo is on the boomerang app, batman is dc and game of thrones is hbo. WB is going to want them for their streaming service.

It turns out that Hollywood Reporter has a much more in-depth report on the situation with Swamp Thing and DC Universe. The link is here:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...nclear-1202680

Essentially, two different things are going on. First of all, there was trouble of some sort (the dreaded "creative differences") between the producers of Swamp Thing and the people who run DC Universe, leading the service to cut back on its episode order. In an unrelated development, Warner Bros is making plans for its streaming service to join the current ecology of streaming choices and is talking about how DC Universe will fit into those plans. It isn't clear whether they would prefer to maintain a seperate DC streaming service or merge the DC content with their larger service, which will include TNT and HBO shows and their film library. A wrinkle in the fabric is how the DC comics that are being put up on the DC Universe site would figure into Warner's larger plans.

The Hollywood Reporter is saying that WB Media considers DC and its associated properties one of their most valuable crown jewels and is giving these questions serious consideration. Options that the Reporter speculates on include merging the sites, maintaining the DC site and transitioning programming to the larger WB site after a given period (for second runs and such), or adding the DC Universe to the WB site as a premium service.

In any case, the Reporter says that DC Universe is continuing business as usual while WB Media considers these questions. Both DC Universe and Swamp Thing are refusing to comment on the specific issues concerning that show.

Ya, more articles are starting to site creative differences. All this click bait about the service's future but AT&T bought WB for content. Even if they were to merges apps that shouldn't really affect content plans. More content for them is more content for them, and these DC Universe shows are still a head start on new original content. Swamp Thing just seems really expensive.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-17-2019 at 12:38 PM.

If anything, I could see the DC Universe service being an add-on for WB, as it's more genre-specific and niche.
    I could see them floating a few DC movies and animated movies over to WB every once and a while, but I'd expect them to treat DC Universe as the main outlet for content based on the comics and as an extension of WB.
    WB is much more than super-heroes and will have plenty of content without them.

I get Boomerang for the Hanna Barbera content.
    I'd miss seeing Daffy go, if WB was to pull their content, but hopefully by then Boomerang will have added Space Ghost, Birdman, Dynomutt and the rest of the shows they're missing.
    But... aside from Looney Tunes and Animaniacs, most of WB's animated stuff has been DC Comics related. Not sure how well the Looney Tunes stuff would do on its own. It may be best to leave it on Boomerang.
    Unless Boomerang doesn't want it. But I don't see them not wanting it, because it helps fill up their library.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Teaser for Swamp Thing

Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 04-17-2019 at 01:49 PM.

And more info...

Swamp Thing’s first season will run for 10 episodes, versus the previously announced 13 episodes. This was made for creative reasons, and do not reflect the future of DC Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Teaser for Swamp Thing

I was kind of hoping he'd look a little bigger, but what little we see looks comic-accurate .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was kind of hoping he'd look a little bigger, but what little we see looks comic-accurate .
    I am just glad he doesn't look like Jordy Verrill.