Page 293 of 432 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343393 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 6479

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean makes quick cameos in X-men and X-Factor today but nothing worth getting excited over
    I enjoyed both X-men and X-factor. I was hoping we would see more of Scott and Jean's vacation with the kids. Maybe Scott and Jean will appear in the next issue. At least we have X-force for Jean.
    I'd recommend Jean fans to check out X-factor for Rachel. She was great in that book. I'm sure most of us are fans of the Summers family. Cable 2 was a fun issue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean makes quick cameos in X-men and X-Factor today but nothing worth getting excited over
    Jean in bikini. Scott in speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Jean in bikini. Scott in speedo.
    And wolvie back there

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I cant find the actual comics / pages just comments on them

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    I cant find the actual comics / pages just comments on them
    You need to go in the "X-MEN.ELSEWHEN.Free.Fan.Fic" threads. Not in the "X-MEN.ELSEWHEN.--Comments" ones.

Last edited by franckd; 07-29-2020 at 01:44 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Thanks for sharing the links! I'm very sorry the initial chats Byrne had with Cebulski fell through, because Byrne is still a very solid artist in my opinion. Get Terry Austin on inks and a good colourist and you easily have excellent pages there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Thanks for sharing the links! I'm very sorry the initial chats Byrne had with Cebulski fell through, because Byrne is still a very solid artist in my opinion. Get Terry Austin on inks and a good colourist and you easily have excellent pages there.
    Your welcome

I don't like John Byrne's take on the Phoenix. For him, she seems to be just that evil entity who wants to possess Jean's body. It's so caricatural, and Phoenix's dialogue are clichés.
    But I still enjoy his art, he surely makes me nostalgic. But as a veteran artist, he still has it.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I don't like John Byrne's take on the Phoenix. For him, she seems to be just that evil entity who wants to possess Jean's body. It's so caricatural, and Phoenix's dialogue are clichés.
    But I still enjoy his art, he surely makes me nostalgic. But as a veteran artist, he still has it.

I read it as much as his critique of the concept of the "Phoenix Force" retcon as much as him taking the concept to its natural conclusion if it had existed at the time of the original Phoenix Saga. Has Byrne ever said anything about his feelings about the Phoenix Force retcon btw?
    Not to be damning with faint praise but there's nothing here worse than what we saw during PHOENIX: RESURRECTION...

I don't get why people talk so much about the "Phoenix force retcon" like that. The only retcon was the whole "Jean was in the coccoon, the Phoenix was just impersonating her". The idea that "Phoenix" was only Jean with a new superhero persona may have existed but it wasn't how things were ultimately written. As of DPS, the Phoenix was already a separate entity. Jean talks about it as separate from her, she says they have a symbiotic relationship. And IIRC from what I've read Byrne was the one who leaned into that idea the most, while Claremont was the one who thought of it as being inheretely related to Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't get why people talk so much about the "Phoenix force retcon" like that. The only retcon was the whole "Jean was in the coccoon, the Phoenix was just impersonating her". The idea that "Phoenix" was only Jean with a new superhero persona may have existed but it wasn't how things were ultimately written. As of DPS, the Phoenix was already a separate entity. Jean talks about it as separate from her, she says they have a symbiotic relationship. And IIRC from what I've read Byrne was the one who leaned into that idea the most, while Claremont was the one who thought of it as being inheretely related to Jean.
    If I recall correctly there is only one line in Uncanny X-Men 137 that supports this. And that could very well be Jean trying to make sense of things. Until then what was written was that Jean reached her ultimate potential as a psi and became the Phoenix.
    The Watcher’s speech at the end could also support this, but I don’t think there is any mention about the symbiote before UXM 137.
    Moira’s tests and her reasoning in UXM 125 go against the idea of a symbiote. She thinks to herself that she and Xavier always knew that Jean had this potential.
    Last edited by johnnysv75; 07-31-2020 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I read it as much as his critique of the concept of the "Phoenix Force" retcon as much as him taking the concept to its natural conclusion if it had existed at the time of the original Phoenix Saga. Has Byrne ever said anything about his feelings about the Phoenix Force retcon btw?
    Not to be damning with faint praise but there's nothing here worse than what we saw during PHOENIX: RESURRECTION...

Byrne stated that he didn't like Jean as Phoenix (even as the good green Phoenix) so of course, he embraced the idea of the Phoenix being an evil entity. I don't remember for sure, but I think he's the one who wrote the retcon in Fantastic four.

Also, in hidden years, he confirmed his view of the Phoenix as evil, with absolutely no shades of gray, with no subtlety. The Phoenix was just hysterical and evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Claremont was kinda forced to write Phoenix as a symbiote entity in #137... And this was just one panel. Originally, Jean would have never say that, and never killed herslef till the editor forced CC & Byrne to change the story and end Jean. CC surely wrote this "symbiotic" line to already redeem Jean for the D'baris.

But during all the Phoenix and dark Phoenix Saga, Phoenix was written as Jean's ultimate potential. Unfortunately not having the maturity to handle it. She created psychic limits, and the Hellfire broke them.

It was never about an evil entity taking her place. It was Jean's struggle all along.