Page 204 of 313 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 4692

Dceased killed it as usual. How is it that a doomed alternate earth is the only place we currently get positive batfam?

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Dceased killed it as usual. How is it that a doomed alternate earth is the only place we currently get positive batfam?
    It is such a good series! I always look forward to the wee moments in every issue between the chaos.

spoilers:
    The Damian and Jason/Cass moment was sweet. Nice seeing them reunite. I very much hope none of them die but I think the Batfamily will suffer atleast one casualty. I think Red Hood might be the most likely victim!

What were your thoughts on Damian and Cassie Dietrich?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    It is such a good series! I always look forward to the wee moments in every issue between the chaos.

spoilers:
    The Damian and Jason/Cass moment was sweet. Nice seeing them reunite. I very much hope none of them die but I think the Batfamily will suffer atleast one casualty. I think Red Hood might be the most likely victim!

What were your thoughts on Damian and Cassie Dietrich?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    A few pages back I did worry that Taylor seemed to be hinting at it or rather fans were pestering him for that pairing on twitter.

I liked what he did with Damian and Kara in Injustice but as a fan of Cassie and Conner I'm not sure how I feel just yet.

Damian isn't a ladies man type of character to me but Injustice and the DCAMU managed to do him flirting/dating in a way that didn't suck. Raven and Kara are not characters I would ever put with Damian.

I guess it depends on how Taylor handles it. I've really enjoyed how he brings out Damian's vulnerabilities [like Damian being reluctant to put on the Batsuit] so if he carries on like that I could see Cassie having tender feelings for Damian as opposed to wanting to smack him upside the head

I want to see more. If it's just there for fanservice then I'm not on board. I need more convincing

I really hope we don't lose any of the bats but I think you might be right and one of them will bite the dust.

My money is on Cass only because in Taylor's only other series with the Bat Family Damian, Babs and Jason are the ones who make it
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by dietrich; 08-04-2020 at 05:36 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    spoilers:
    A few pages back I did worry that Taylor seemed to be hinting at it or rather fans were pestering him for that pairing on twitter.

I liked what he did with Damian and Kara in Injustice but as a fan of Cassie and Conner I'm not sure how I feel just yet.

Damian isn't a ladies man type of character to me but Injustice and the DCAMU managed to do him flirting/dating in a way that didn't suck. Raven and Kara are not characters I would ever put with Damian.

I guess it depends on how Taylor handles it. I've really enjoyed how he brings out Damian's vulnerabilities [like Damian being reluctant to put on the Batsuit] so if he carries on like that I could see Cassie having tender feelings for Damian as opposed to wanting to smack him upside the head

I want to see more. If it's just there for fanservice then I'm not on board. I need more convincing

I really hope we don't lose any of the bats but I think you might be right and one of them will bite the dust.

My money is on Cass only because in Taylor's only other series with the Bat Family Damian, Babs and Jason are the ones who make it
    end of spoilers
    However, Babs doesn't make it in DCeased. So, I think this is unkown territory.

Commissioner Gordon should still be around. Doubt he will appear but if he does I have a feeling he would die.

DCeased was surprising.
    The Bat reunion was nice and positive if heavily biased in service to Damian as come to think of it was the Damian/Jason characterisations in Injustice 2.
    Jason validating Bruce's choice of successor and all.

The spoiler romance reveal was unexpected and has my interest. I'm curious to see it explored. This is the fun of elseworlds and writers taking us out of our comfort zone. Those who say they can't imagine seeing Damian in relationship well there's a layer of the character being explored.

Recent plot directions with Damian and romance have been interesting to say the least. It's new territory explored from different angles

TT- he's confused and in a pretty toxic and abusive love triangle with Damian being the one taking a lot of the punches
    Injustice - he is unaware of Kara's obvious crush and unintentionally flirts with her
    Movies - he falls
    DCeased - in a relationship???

I'm not a shipper but it's something new that's been done and so far it's interesting

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    DCeased was surprising.
    The Bat reunion was nice and positive if heavily biased in service to Damian as come to think of it was the Damian/Jason characterisations in Injustice 2.

The spoiler romance reveal was unexpected and has my interest. I'm curious to see it explored. This is the fun of elseworlds and writers taking us out of our comfort zone. Those who say they can't imagine seeing Damian in relationship well there's a layer of the character being explored.

Recent plot directions with Damian and romance have been interesting to say the least. It's new territory explored from different angles

TT- he's confused and in a pretty toxic and abusive love triangle with Damian being the one taking a lot of the punches
    Injustice - he is unaware of Kara's obvious crush and unintentionally flirts with her
    Movies - he falls

I'm not a shipper but it's something new that's been done and so far it's interesting
    Jason being that affirming of Damian seems a little weird, but then again Tom Taylor is known (and loved) for his "sappier" character interactions.

Man, more evidence to the pile that Damian prefers blondes I always saw him as being someone who has to ease into a relationship with anyone, with love being kind of hard-won from his end, so this seemed a bit sudden. But I guess if it's the apocalypse, you grab what you have and run with it.

DCeased was 2 steps forward, 2 steps back. 2 steps forward with Jason and Cass reuniting with Damian. 2 steps back with what happened with Shadow Pact.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    Jason being that affirming of Damian seems a little weird, but then again Tom Taylor is known (and loved) for his "sappier" character interactions.

Man, more evidence to the pile that Damian prefers blondes I always saw him as being someone who has to ease into a relationship with anyone, with love being kind of hard-won from his end, so this seemed a bit sudden. But I guess if it's the apocalypse, you grab what you have and run with it.
    Actually I also thought that Damian is the type that difficult to build romantic relationship, at least without being extremely wary and insensitive at first. But I also thought the same thing with Bruce, and look how many lovers he has. That's why I'm cool with Damian and Raven, even though in comic world their age gap makes it creepy, the building is nice. Damian didn't trust Raven, want to know her more so he can trust her as his teammate, Raven opened up with him, him opened up with her, they empathized each other's darkness, for me it's pretty nice foundation of relationship. But on DCeased...... Well, at this point we know that random pairing for Damian is inevitable just like his father, with his status as son of Batman and new Batman. Besides, they have 5 year time skip, and on 5 year many things can happen. Probably Taylor will tell us about their relationship on flashback story. Even though I will not be happy on that. I always don't care about romantic aspect on every action media, and so I will be not fond if some panels get roped to contain their love story which probably will get more backlash than DamianxRaven.

spoilers:
    About Death Metal : Legend of The Dark Knight is.........edgy. Except the last story. I often brushed the complains about Batman overexposure as some fans jealousy but this case is quite funny actually. So Batman Who Laugh is jokerized Bruce Wayne, Robin King is little psychopath Bruce Wayne, B.Rex is mutant Bruce Wayne? And I can't believe that they made Bruce Wayne WHO KILLS HIS PARENTS WITH GUNS to create Robin King. Wow, that's disregarding his defining aspect entirely. It's like, they create as crazy character as possible and stick Bruce's name on it. Man, now I kinda feel sorry for Bruce as character.
    Good news is, Robin King is not Damian! Hooray! I'm just happy that Damian didn't get roped into this Metal insanity. Bless Scott Synder and his distaste to use Damian.
    Tieri story is kinda nice twist of Batman666 plotline. His collar is not as high as original style, and Damian isn't bald. I don't know I feel happy or disappointed (I kinda love his high collar and baldness). Seriously, how come zombie apocalypse universe and edgy demonized universe are better to potray Damian's devotion and loyalty to Bruce than canon?
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    DCeased was surprising.

Movies - he falls

In my honest opinion, I can see Damian having romantic interest but I can't see him on relationship, at least without 10 or more chapters of relationship building. I always think that it will be extremely difficult for Damian to open his heart and vulnerable for romantic commitment. The closest we have Damian opened his vulnerable side to a girl is on Maya, and they settled as brother-and-sister which actually I'd prefer it that way. The others...

Steph : don't know where this pairing and this 'Damian has a crush on Steph' came from. I only remember that Damian often called Steph fat, trampoline, and they have interesting partnership moment, which resembling siblings relationship for me. Perhaps someone can tell me about that?
    Katana : Only one comment of Damian questioning Katana's status, and quickly forgotten. Lil Gotham kinda brought that back, though.
    Kara : I think Dick only teased him. And seriously, Damian only complimented her, is it Wayne hereditary that every time they compliment a woman everyone immediately thought that they had feeling on the said woman?
    Kara Injustice : Don't think that Damian had feeling to Kara. Just like you said, he unintentionally flirted with her.
    Emiko : Not really bad, but I don't like how Percy said that Emiko is more heroic than Damian so that's why Damian is drawn to her, so I don't like this pairing.
    Djinn: ABSOLUTE WORST. HATE IT SO MUCH. And it makes me pissed off when fans treated Damian as the one who persistently chased Djinn around when she was happy with Crush, even though Djinn IS THE ONE who chased Damian around on earlier issues. She desperately want Damian to be open with her and when Damian did it, she's like "ooh you're too evil for me, ew. So I will not talk to you on our brainwashing project. And yeah, about brainwashing, it's totally your fault and you manipulated me to use my power even though we are not on speaking term. Bye."
    Maps : I don't think she can handle Damian's antic and darkness. Gotham Academy Damian is even more watered down than Supersons Damian.
    Raven : Kinda cool, I guess.
    spoilers:
    Cassie
    end of spoilers DCeased: temporary indifferent and have no opinion on it. Besides, we only got one panel about that. If there's no progress on later issue I will easily forget it.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 08-04-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post

I guess that explains spoilers:
    Cassie's
    end of spoilers motivation

Lol. Of course I kid.

It is blondes 2 to the one Brunette.

He also seems to have a preference for love interests who eclipse him on the power scaling or in the case of Alex Luthor out smart him.

Further supported that the version that ends up alone with only his cat is the immortal 666Damian

Kara, Raven, Djinn, spoilers:
    Cassie
    end of spoilers, Mari
    Last edited by Fergus; 08-04-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Actually I also thought that Damian is the type that difficult to build romantic relationship, at least without being extremely wary and insensitive at first. But I also thought the same thing with Bruce, and look how many lovers he has. That's why I'm cool with Damian and Raven, even though in comic world their age gap makes it creepy, the building is nice. Damian didn't trust Raven, want to know her more so he can trust her as his teammate, Raven opened up with him, him opened up with her, they empathized each other's darkness, for me it's pretty nice foundation of relationship. But on DCeased...... Well, at this point we know that random pairing for Damian is inevitable just like his father, with his status as son of Batman and new Batman. Besides, they have 5 year time skip, and on 5 year many things can happen. Probably Taylor will tell us about their relationship on flashback story. Even though I will not be happy on that. I always don't care about romantic aspect on every action media, and so I will be not fond if some panels get roped to contain their love story which probably will get more backlash than DamianxRaven.

spoilers:
    About Death Metal : Legend of The Dark Knight is.........edgy. Except the last story. I often brushed the complains about Batman overexposure as some fans jealousy but this case is quite funny actually. So Batman Who Laugh is jokerized Bruce Wayne, Robin King is little psychopath Bruce Wayne, B.Rex is mutant Bruce Wayne? And I can't believe that they made Bruce Wayne WHO KILLS HIS PARENTS WITH GUNS to create Robin King. Wow, that's disregarding his defining aspect entirely. It's like, they create as crazy character as possible and stick Bruce's name on it. Man, now I kinda feel sorry for Bruce as character.
    Good news is, Robin King is not Damian! Hooray! I'm just happy that Damian didn't get roped into this Metal insanity. Bless Scott Synder and his distaste to use Damian.
    Tieri story is kinda nice twist of Batman666 plotline. His collar is not as high as original style, and Damian isn't bald. I don't know I feel happy or disappointed (I kinda love his high collar and baldness). Seriously, how come zombie apocalypse universe and edgy demonized universe are better to potray Damian's devotion and loyalty to Bruce than canon?
    end of spoilers
    Same.
    I'm a fan of the high collar and the bald head
    Also liked Tieri's DM Damian story

Which is this one painel you guys are talking about?

DCeased, and Taylor's work in general, continue to be the only consistently good things coming out of DC in recent years. So the fact that the first thing I see after the issue ends is an advert for all of Bendis' Superfamily plans just felt like I was paying for a five star meal by being kicked in the teeth.

As for....
    spoilers:
    Damian and Cassie. I may be a VERY avid Conner/Cassie shipper but I'm actually way more okay with this than I was with seeing Damian in a relationship with Raven or Kara. Though the latter might just be because I really don't like the Injustice Damian lol

I'm really glad Damian got to see Jason and Cass before anything bad were to happen to any of them. And that moment between Jason and Damian was really sweet. All we needed was Steph there (please still be alive!) and it would have been the perfect reunion.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-04-2020 at 02:30 PM.

Yeah, I gotta check out on DCeased. With what happened to the Shadow Pact members and what not, yeah. Hit my breaking point on the series. Call me in when someone like Lobo goes ham on the things though.