Page 33 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Finally read the Death of the Inhumans mini. Just terrible. Marvel editorial didn't have to do that, they could've just stopped putting out new Inhumans books (which is what happened).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Finally read the Death of the Inhumans mini. Just terrible. Marvel editorial didn't have to do that, they could've just stopped putting out new Inhumans books (which is what happened).
    Considering all of the continuity errors, plotholes, and just wrong info "Attilan died screaming without its king" https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...nhumans_2018_2 I do not think editors did anything.

Ultimate Member

I think that book was already in the works or done way in advance and Marvel just tossed it out. Which would explain all the mistakes in it.

Incredible Member

So you guys think Marvel editorial weren't behind this story? That would be even weirder tbh. To me it felt like editorial wanted the Inhumans gone when it started to look like Disney would get back the film rights to the X-Men. Or maybe the order came down from somewhere even higher up. In any case, this mini is a depressing ending to the Inhumans run that started after Hickman's Infinity event (and speaking of Hickman, this mini even killed off his Universal Inhumans).
    Last edited by Shaggy; 06-17-2021 at 06:16 AM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

So you guys think Marvel editorial weren't behind this story? That would be even weirder tbh. To me it felt like editorial wanted the Inhumans gone when it started to look like Disney would get back the film rights to the X-Men. Or maybe the order came down from somewhere even higher up. In any case, this mini is a depressing ending to the Inhumans run that started after Hickman's Infinity event (and speaking of Hickman, this mini even killed off his Universal Inhumans).
    I don't think Disney buying Fox to get their sports channels and film library for their streaming service, Disney Plus, was related to the cancelation of Inhumans content. They would've done the Inhumans movies without a doubt if they didn't make the ABC show. They filled the spot with the Eternals movie which I'm happy about, although it would've been nice to see an Inhumans movie that we're never going to get. And if the House of Mouse didn't acquire Fox, they still would be making X-Men movies every 2 years like they've been doing. The Scarlet Witch is probably one of the most popular characters the film and television department has, and she doesn't have anything except for the Darkhold one-shot, or mini, which is pretty weak.

The fact that they did RessureXion, which was supposed to be a boost for both inhumans and X-Men, then immediately did Death of Inhumans and canceled all publications except for Ms. Marvel and Moongirl was a weird move. The real ending was supposed to be the Black Bolt solo and Royals, but Cates went to Marvel and asked if he could kill them and since his other books were popular, they let him do whatever he wanted to do. But in theory, Death of Inhumans wasn't a plan Marvel had. Marvel was just going to cancel them. I think having a "Death of" event helped them justify their cancelation, even though many "Death of" stories are followed up somehow.

This was just, "we kill the inhumans, we don't use them or address them what so ever, then have Crystal appear on one page of FF 4 years later, and have Black Bolt in a Scarlet Witch mini." This is sloppy and not fair to the fans they accumulated when they did publish books. They built up these characters and later killed them off and abandoned them because they got hate and didn't work? After Black Bolt won an Eisner Award and Ms. Marvel became a hit? I know the Eternals book was made to advertise the movie, but they could give at least one inhumans book like them.
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 06-17-2021 at 06:38 AM.

Honestly I don't think Fiege ever cared about the Inhumans. He just put it on the docket to keep Pulmetter happy. It was also a compromise to get Black Panther and Captain Marvel made.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Honestly I don't think Fiege ever cared about the Inhumans. He just put it on the docket to keep Pulmetter happy. It was also a compromise to get Black Panther and Captain Marvel made.
    I don't think that's true. Why would Feige hate or not care about the Inhumans? Why would he only not care for them? Like, what reason would he have not to like these characters that have been involved in the Fantastic Four, Avengers, and cosmic Marvel side of things? Does he have more of an affinity for the Eternals? They took them off the pre-Infinity War schedule because of Spider-Man and put them where the Eternals are now, but since they made the TV show, they just dropped them. I think he really wanted to do them and he got pissed when the TV department took them.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I don't think that's true. Why would Feige hate or not care about the Inhumans? Why would he only not care for them? Like, what reason would he have not to like these characters that have been involved in the Fantastic Four, Avengers, and cosmic Marvel side of things? Does he have more of an affinity for the Eternals? They took them off the pre-Infinity War schedule because of Spider-Man and put them where the Eternals are now, but since they made the TV show, they just dropped them. I think he really wanted to do them and he got pissed when the TV department took them.
    It's just speculation on my part.

It's just speculation on my part.
    I mean, I'd get why he'd have animosity towards his boss at the time, that's normal. But I see this brought up a lot, and I always wonder how the film that filled the Inhumans slot, The Eternals, was actually Feige's original plan, or was his plan to make Inhumans, but they took it from him. I think it falls into the anti-Inhuman sentiment from online that fueled this narrative as opposed to him just thinking his boss is an a**hole.

Astonishing Member

He would want to do them, no real reason he wouldn't want to make the MCU bigger. Most likely he just wouldn't want to be forced to take them in a direction he was not liking.

Not sure how good this site is but Kamran here is described as Inhuman in the Ms. Marvel series: https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...-inhumans-mcu/
    "The second is Kamran. He is described as having a friendship with Kamala and her family, He initially attempts romance with Kamala, but he is also being described as a morally corrupt Inhuman. That term, by the way, is specifically named."
    With this and the Avengers game showing that they can do Inhumans without first using the Royals, I am betting Fiege will bring them on.

Also speaking if Ms. Marvel she is getting a Mini, go to her thread and show some support.

I mean, I'd get why he'd have animosity towards his boss at the time, that's normal. But I see this brought up a lot, and I always wonder how the film that filled the Inhumans slot, The Eternals, was actually Feige's original plan, or was his plan to make Inhumans, but they took it from him. I think it falls into the anti-Inhuman sentiment from online that fueled this narrative as opposed to him just thinking his boss is an a**hole.
    The Eternals just serve the overaching Thanos plot better. So I get why fans see them as a more conscious choice. Where the Inhumans are more take it or leave it. I liked the Inhuman and Nuhumans more but they don't add a whole lot yet.

Alrhought Avengers versus Inhumans is a fun pitch for Avengers 2.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-17-2021 at 09:36 AM.

The Eternals just serve the overaching Thanos plot better. So I get why fans see them as a more conscious choice. Where the Inhumans are more take it or leave it. I liked the Inhuman and Nuhumans more but they don't add a whole lot yet.

Alrhought Avengers versus Inhumans is a fun pitch for Avengers 2.
    How? For the past 30+ years they didn't really bring up their lineage as a vital role in comics. Probably because they didn't use eternals all that much and Thanos works (and has been working) as a solo character. The Eternals movie is supposed to be about immortal perfect aliens (they're retconning it from the comics) that go to Earth to give humans civilizations and be the Earth's protectors.

Most fans online say it's either a filler movie or the origin story of the mutants, and that they didn't even know they existed because they haven't had a book in like 20 years. I'm glad Marvel isn't abandoning lesser known characters because they have the Fox properties back, but if they did Guardians of the Galaxy, I don't think an Inhumans movie was something that had come out of left field. And the inhumans have teamed up with the Avengers. I could see Medusa being a Spider-Man villain at an intro scene or something though.

In other new, Kamala is getting a new mini and it might retcon her powers. writer said there will be "questions about the source of her powers" whether this is exploring them, the multiversal thing, or saying she isn't inhuman remains to be seen. Not really surprising if things get changed. they are currently doing the same with America Chavez.
    https://ew.com/books/ms-marvel-comic...e-kamala-khan/

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    In other new, Kamala is getting a new mini and it might retcon her powers. writer said there will be "questions about the source of her powers" whether this is exploring them, the multiversal thing, or saying she isn't inhuman remains to be seen. Not really surprising if things get changed. they are currently doing the same with America Chavez.
    https://ew.com/books/ms-marvel-comic...e-kamala-khan/
    What's happening with America Chavez?

What's happening with America Chavez?
    In her current mini so far they have said that all that stuff with wiccan was fake. Her moms were regular humans and she had a disease that threatened her life. so they gave her and her sister to this rich guy who promised to save her by basically doing children of the vault type thing which also gave her the powers. everything she remembers of utopia was in the vault. Excentially retconning everything YA and ignoring that her last book had her meet her grandma as an adult. This shows they aren't afraid of blatant inconsistencies for these retcons.