Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Is Mystique even German? She always sounded American. And if so, wouldn't Kurt also be at least part American? Kind of like Storm?
    No bc she's not confirmed as American and until she is, he cant be.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No bc she's not confirmed as American and until she is, he cant be.
    Yes but she sounds American. But yes it hasn't been confirmed. So yes I guess technically he is just German. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Kurt being badass.

Some more Kurt and Betsy just because.

Mighty Member

Some more Kurt and Betsy just because.
    Were they, Betsy and Kurt, ever in a relationship beyond friendship?

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Were they, Betsy and Kurt, ever in a relationship beyond friendship?
    No, but I always saw a flirtation there but that may be just up to the reader. But then its Kurt and Betsy too.

Kurts unique humor when having an obvious mutation is one of the things that makes him so interesting.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Kurts unique humor when having an obvious mutation is one of the things that makes him so interesting.
    He said it himself, early on in that conversation with Scott, though he might be crazy, he’s not insane.
    It’s a self defence mechanism, he simply cannot let how others perceive him define him.
    And for all his flirtatious behaviour, he seldom carries through, one suspects that he’s very cautious about people wasting to ‘f*ck the freak’ which is not healthy for him or them.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    He said it himself, early on in that conversation with Scott, though he might be crazy, he’s not insane.
    It’s a self defence mechanism, he simply cannot let how others perceive him define him.
    And for all his flirtatious behaviour, he seldom carries through, one suspects that he’s very cautious about people wasting to ‘f*ck the freak’ which is not healthy for him or them.
    Yes, I suppose it would.

I always thought this was funny.

Why is Nigel such an unpopular name in the UK?

Why is Nigel such an unpopular name in the UK?

It’s an old fashioned, upper class name (to fit with his double-barrelled surname). He’s the epitome of a certain sort of nasty, public* school boy. There’s quite a lot of British cultural stuff in Davis’ Excalibur, which is hard to explain, some of it visual, some in the writing. Remember, a lot of his early work was with Alan Moore, and while he isn’t the iconoclastic genius Moore is, it still rubbed off.

*’public school’ is a misnomer, in the UK they are private schools which produce idiots like Boris Johnson and, in the past, the sort of religious, political and military types who built the British Empire by trampling on indigenous peoples the world over.
    Why yes, I might be working class, my ancestors were farm labourers, miners, clerks and shop workers.

Gawd Bless Alan Davis and his equal opportunity sexification of both men and women. So refreshing to see the men with curvey booties and visible poochies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Gawd Bless Alan Davis and his equal opportunity sexification of both men and women. So refreshing to see the men with curvey booties and visible poochies.
    Oh, let me tell you, as a bi, his men are as hot as his women.

I was just griping, on another thread, that a face shot of Jean from an upcoming issue of Cable, is indistinguishable from how the artist draws Emma.
    Alan has about five or six body types for each gender, and at least three or four standard face types. So his characters look different to each other.
    He has a strong urge to make everyone tall, attenuated and gorgeous, he had terrible trouble with Wolverine at first.

There is a page missing - second to the last. I just like that one so much. But the three pages from an old comic only rule, I made a choice. :-(

It’s an old fashioned, upper class name (to fit with his double-barrelled surname). He’s the epitome of a certain sort of nasty, public* school boy. There’s quite a lot of British cultural stuff in Davis’ Excalibur, which is hard to explain, some of it visual, some in the writing. Remember, a lot of his early work was with Alan Moore, and while he isn’t the iconoclastic genius Moore is, it still rubbed off.
    Ah, I see so there is something to it.

Oh, let me tell you, as a bi, his men are as hot as his women.

I was just griping, on another thread, that a face shot of Jean from an upcoming issue of Cable, is indistinguishable from how the artist draws Emma.
    Alan has about five or six body types for each gender, and at least three or four standard face types. So his characters look different to each other.
    He has a strong urge to make everyone tall, attenuated and gorgeous, he had terrible trouble with Wolverine at first.
    Yes. I absolutely understand and recognize that STYLE is both a blessing and a curse and can be a very real challenge/struggle for artists to develop and overcome so when we are blessed with folks like Alan who -- as you said, puts in that extra effort to figure work -- its such a tremendous sight to see.

And I chuckled when I read the bit about Wolverine in your post. ha ha ha. Its true! But in his defense, it seems few artists follow through with the level of height variance that OUGHT TO be applied, particularly to Mister Hairy and Stabby. ha ha ha.

Dauterman gets me all warm and fuzzy whenever I see his Wolverine -- he's such a widdle biddy wolvie, and I love him for it.