Page 710 of 772 FirstFirst ... 210610660700706707708709710711712713714720760 ... LastLast
Results 10,636 to 10,650 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Truly divine.

Love this look. It gets me even more excited about seeing her again in X-Men 97.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Definitely not this she has feats such as moving clouds on a planetary level at fast speeds which is moon level. I don't think people realize how much energy is required in moving or dispersing clouds on a planetary level. Or she has the feats where she did a global solar wind which had the power to burn the atmosphere off which would also result in the planet itself which is easily a planet level feat.
    Oh, it was just an illustration, although I don't think it's hyperbole, at that particular moment, Storm used all the power of Nature channeled into a storm, I really like those moments of hers. I'm thinking about going to meteorology college to better understand its powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Off the top of my head I would say the hyperstorm story. From my understanding, Rachel didn't amp Storm she just bypassed her conscious control over her powers. So to me that would mean that Storm is fully capable of doing the same thing but she's not a mass murderer.
    I had forgotten about that moment of the hyperstorm, Ororo must have generated a lot of energy in this issue, I can't even imagine how many, thanks, other moments I find interesting, was when he broke the laws of nature, to generate a storm in Egypt, in Legion Quest, or when you created a hydrogen bomb around the Silver Surfer, that's really impressive.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Claremont certainly was the King of Hyperbole and could sell a scene...in a good way. Something which many writers today (even the most lauded ones) are lacking.
    It truly made those character moments (not just Storm's) much more exciting and grand.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Hyperbole statement by some is very funny, basically meaning ooh claremont or so and so writer were exaggerating when they said storm was so and so and we stork fans are trying to make her bigger than she is. And to be fair that is the case for most heroes. But fortunately unfortunately storm is an omega level mutant and a god whose mere existence and sheer potential defies all comprehension. You can use hyperbole for charchters with proven limits not soo much for charchters without, at that stage you are basically trying to put the unfathomable into words and to the random man that seems like hyperbole which it isnt.
    If some do not understand or comprehend that, it is cool, but to say it is an exaggeration is dumb, I mean how do you exaggerate the incalculable, the unfathomable, the immeasurable, let me give you a hint YOU CAN'T!

Afterall in storms own words she has no limits. No one will get up and say jean is exaggerating if jean uttered those words or say even bobby but when it is storm all of a sudden Chris is a champ at hyperbole. I understand that storm being an omega put a dampener on some peoples joy since they were soo used to her basically being Halle berry in a bad wig. But that is not the case and never was according to her creators original intent for her and if that bothers you well.... You can go chew lightning idc.

I'm glad the hilarity of my post is appreciated although clearly misunderstood but...that is to be expected here.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Claremont certainly was the King of Hyperbole and could sell a scene...in a good way. Something which many writers today (even the most lauded ones) are lacking.
    It truly made those character moments (not just Storm's) much more exciting and grand.
    As much as I find the return of hyperbole in comics interesting, it's kind of frustrating, when people totally ignore the facts, and give a "hyperbole" excuse, which shouldn't be considered grandiose, it gets frustrating, even more so Storm who has some are sometimes hyperbole (which we knew, aren't)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    As much as I find the return of hyperbole in comics interesting, it's kind of frustrating, when people totally ignore the facts, and give a "hyperbole" excuse, which shouldn't be considered grandiose, it gets frustrating, even more so Storm who has some are sometimes hyperbole (which we knew, aren't)
    The fact of the matter is that if it were Jean or Thor or hulk or magneto they wouldn't say hyperbole. People in general I have noticed find it uncomfortable that storm is this powerful and it looks like that extends to some in the storm fanbase.

I once saw an interview where they ask Chris what is storms true raw power and whether phoenix that is Jean with the force not just by herself is more powerful. Chris said no, infact they have roughly the same amount of raw power the difference is that pheonix can peak higher under normal circumstances and can maintain that much longer, whilst storm is still limited by her humanity and her body. So no when he said her power was beyond all comprehension or when he said it was now at an unimaginable degree he wasn't exaggerating, he really did and still does see her as that powerful storm was literally the blue print to how powerful the pheonix should be a being with unimaginable power.
    The difference is that pheonix was allowed to revel in her power to push past her limits from planetary to start level to universal and on one occasion multiversal. whilst storm has been basically working on the same confines as her just that now she has bumped up to planetary instead of hemisphere. And occasionally interplanetary.
    In the animated series she is the only mutant on record stated to have boundless power deep within her without external influence, the only one to be able to manipulate an entire planets forces with little effort even magneto needed Cortez to amp him to raise an asteroid.
    When storm faced and hurt silver surfer many fans were upset saying this shouldn't be, but storm has faced him before and has been able to do way worse when she was actually serious against him.
    When knull said she was more powerful than all the heroes under his army, people scrambled to Duggan to know if it were true cause it was something beyond their realm of thought and when he gave the vague omega omega answer some saw it as oh it is true and others were like it was an exaggeration. Meanwhile this is not the first time it has been stated that she is in sheer potential more powerful than Thor. Another charachter that is allowed to revel in their power and to get upgrades almost every year because he need to blow bigger stuff up.
    When she single handedly was able to take on xman/legion people where saying why is that the case how could she do that whilst jean, apocalypse, magneto and all the most powerful xmen couldn't together. And that this is PIS. When you point it out to them that storm is simply that powerful they perish the thought with some retreating to the "oh it's a hyperbole" statement.
    Now I don't want to be rude but if storm the only black omega in krakoa is stated to be their most powerful mutant erks them in the wrong way then like I said..... They can go an eat lightning Idc.

BANNED

Oh and by the way, storm or erm...lightning lass makes a cameo in trial of magneto. She is seen nonchalantly hitting a Kaiju in the nostril with lightning you know good stuff for some to enjoy.
    Like I said I don't know her.

The fact of the matter is...I specifically said in my post : "...those character moments (not just Storm's)" meaning...because comprehension is indeed a lost art...all the characters he wrote.

There really is no need to play Gatekeeper of Storm's powers and integrity, here because I wasn't attacking the character or her powers...as with the Jean-fans and Rogue-fans and Lorna-fans y'all are quick to jump to conclusions and insults at the slightest "threat" to your vaunted opinions completely forgetting that your opinions are not the only ones that are relevant or important, that other fans may also have thoughts of their own that don't quite mesh with yours. And I'm not here for that pettiness and mess.

So yes, I'll DT that lightning thank you, and swallow every electron because at the end of the day, I'm not that pressed. Thank the Goddess.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-01-2021 at 06:13 AM.

BANNED

It's the way it took that like a personal attack for me lol.
    Chile anyway so....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Definitely not this she has feats such as moving clouds on a planetary level at fast speeds which is moon level. I don't think people realize how much energy is required in moving or dispersing clouds on a planetary level. Or she has the feats where she did a global solar wind which had the power to burn the atmosphere off which would also result in the planet itself which is easily a planet level feat.
    Do you have that pyramid where it shows the marvel cosmic heirachy? I need it for something I think I just discovered what Coates was trying to do with storm and it is ...well was big like really big.

I was wondering... Has anyone ever read Claremont comment on why he decided to make Storm American instead of Kenyan?

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I was wondering... Has anyone ever read Claremont comment on why he decided to make Storm American instead of Kenyan?
    He made her American? That doesn't even make sense. Didn't Xavier visit her in Africa and brought her back to America to join the X-Men?

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    He made her American? That doesn't even make sense. Didn't Xavier visit her in Africa and brought her back to America to join the X-Men?
    Storm is from America, her parents moved from Harlem to Egypt when she was a toddler.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Plus her mother is Kenyan so she has Kenyan roots and though she was born in America (is American)...she spent the entirety of her formative years to early adulthood in Africa.