Page 712 of 772 FirstFirst ... 212612662702708709710711712713714715716722762 ... LastLast
Results 10,666 to 10,680 of 11576
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Though Storm is my second favorite X-character after Jean, I never venture in here (Mommie Dearest voice) for reasons well known to you all (lmao)... However, I couldn't resist after this...

****. Yes.
    Its give me solo vibes and the last pic look like her punk + regent uniform.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Though Storm is my second favorite X-character after Jean, I never venture in here (Mommie Dearest voice) for reasons well known to you all (lmao)... However, I couldn't resist after this...

****. Yes.
    absolutely stunning thank you for sharing beloved
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I was wondering... Has anyone ever read Claremont comment on why he decided to make Storm American instead of Kenyan?
    Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    He made her American? That doesn't even make sense. Didn't Xavier visit her in Africa and brought her back to America to join the X-Men?
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Storm is from America, her parents moved from Harlem to Egypt when she was a toddler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Plus her mother is Kenyan so she has Kenyan roots and though she was born in America (is American)...she spent the entirety of her formative years to early adulthood in Africa.
    I think what the OP is going for here is "MADE" in the sense that Storm was introduced in an African village in GIANT SIZE X-MEN #1/ X-MEN #94 in 1975. It wouldn't be until X-MEN #102 in 1976 that David Munroe as her American father was introduced as a concept. Prior to that there was no reason the reader would assume that she wasn't native to the village where Xavier encountered her in GSX1. Claremont CHOSE to write that backstory at that point therefore MADE Storm Americanized character rather than have her fully rooted in the African continent. Yes?

And I have never read anything about the rationale behind it. Its odd since one of the imperatives of the ALL-NEW ALL-DIFFERENT team was to make the team more globally diverse.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    I'm too excited. Of course, you just know who I want the next ad to be for, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    absolutely stunning thank you for sharing beloved
    You're welcome, love!

Here's hoping for a great new year for all of our favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    The fact of the matter is that if it were Jean or Thor or hulk or magneto they wouldn't say hyperbole. People in general I have noticed find it uncomfortable that storm is this powerful and it looks like that extends to some in the storm fanbase.

I once saw an interview where they ask Chris what is storms true raw power and whether phoenix that is Jean with the force not just by herself is more powerful. Chris said no, infact they have roughly the same amount of raw power the difference is that pheonix can peak higher under normal circumstances and can maintain that much longer, whilst storm is still limited by her humanity and her body. So no when he said her power was beyond all comprehension or when he said it was now at an unimaginable degree he wasn't exaggerating, he really did and still does see her as that powerful storm was literally the blue print to how powerful the pheonix should be a being with unimaginable power.
    The difference is that pheonix was allowed to revel in her power to push past her limits from planetary to start level to universal and on one occasion multiversal. whilst storm has been basically working on the same confines as her just that now she has bumped up to planetary instead of hemisphere. And occasionally interplanetary.
    In the animated series she is the only mutant on record stated to have boundless power deep within her without external influence, the only one to be able to manipulate an entire planets forces with little effort even magneto needed Cortez to amp him to raise an asteroid.
    When storm faced and hurt silver surfer many fans were upset saying this shouldn't be, but storm has faced him before and has been able to do way worse when she was actually serious against him.
    When knull said she was more powerful than all the heroes under his army, people scrambled to Duggan to know if it were true cause it was something beyond their realm of thought and when he gave the vague omega omega answer some saw it as oh it is true and others were like it was an exaggeration. Meanwhile this is not the first time it has been stated that she is in sheer potential more powerful than Thor. Another charachter that is allowed to revel in their power and to get upgrades almost every year because he need to blow bigger stuff up.
    When she single handedly was able to take on xman/legion people where saying why is that the case how could she do that whilst jean, apocalypse, magneto and all the most powerful xmen couldn't together. And that this is PIS. When you point it out to them that storm is simply that powerful they perish the thought with some retreating to the "oh it's a hyperbole" statement.
    Now I don't want to be rude but if storm the only black omega in krakoa is stated to be their most powerful mutant erks them in the wrong way then like I said..... They can go an eat lightning Idc.
    Half of Marvel's Fandom underestimates Storm's power, I really don't know why, l, I'd like to know, but I understand, Storm didn't start out as Magneto, Thor, Iron Man, and other characters, who from an early age showed great powers. , and yet but with the Fox movies, a lot of people think that Storm's power is that, rain, lightning and gale, which makes me even more frustrated. Storm lacks the good old encouragement from the writers.

One of the little things that annoys me is the fact that there are always moments, in the comics or writers, that talk about the enormous potential of Storm's powers, but how much does it cost them to show that in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The fact of the matter is...I specifically said in my post : "...those character moments (not just Storm's)" meaning...because comprehension is indeed a lost art...all the characters he wrote.

There really is no need to play Gatekeeper of Storm's powers and integrity, here because I wasn't attacking the character or her powers...as with the Jean-fans and Rogue-fans and Lorna-fans y'all are quick to jump to conclusions and insults at the slightest "threat" to your vaunted opinions completely forgetting that your opinions are not the only ones that are relevant or important, that other fans may also have thoughts of their own that don't quite mesh with yours. And I'm not here for that pettiness and mess.

So yes, I'll DT that lightning thank you, and swallow every electron because at the end of the day, I'm not that pressed. Thank the Goddess.
    I understand what you mean, I just used Ororo as an example, of why hyperbole is a little bad, but although it would be nice if it came back, as well as other elements that used in the old comics, which you see little nowadays .

BANNED

****. Yes.
    In Jennifer Hudson's voice I sing

"It's been a long long long looooong loooooooooong
    Tiiiiiiimmmmmmmmeeeeee coooominging..iiiing...iiing...iing
    A change is going to come
    Oh yes it will."

Lol but in all seriousness I hope this is not just like the reign of x poster where she was just yaaass queening it all over town, we need to see her cut loose and finally get to the plot about her divinity and her ancestors. Also the mowhawk seems like we would never escape that.
    I hope she is still regent in her destiny that is the position in krakoa that is big enough for her.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 12-02-2021 at 02:01 PM.

Oh and by the way, storm or erm...lightning lass makes a cameo in trial of magneto. She is seen nonchalantly hitting a Kaiju in the nostril with lightning you know good stuff for some to enjoy.
    Like I said I don't know her.
    Lol don't wait any longer, Leah's writing sucks, it was only good on issue #1..On that little confrontation and the assertion of something we already knew, Storm >> Magneto

****. Yes.
    The Goddess is coming! I'm sending good energy for the next year, the plot of the Regent of Arakko and the Goddess begins to move.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    Let's start manifesting and please when manifesting do not speak English it has no spiritual value, manifest in the language of your ancestors, that has great spiritual potency.

not great quality but here you go dirtynun:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

not great quality but here you go dirtynun:

Thank you what's the name of the book it is in please

Thank you what's the name of the book it is in please
    Its from "The Marvel Book".

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I understand what you mean, I just used Ororo as an example, of why hyperbole is a little bad, but although it would be nice if it came back, as well as other elements that used in the old comics, which you see little nowadays .
    Absolutely agreed.
    As a literary device it was certainly used more frequently by the "old-school" more literary writers like Claremont, Lee etc to great effect. Unfortunately, I would say since the onset of the 90's contemporary writers with their more direct prose are far less inclined to use it at all. That kind of storytelling is a rarity in 2021 comics.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

I love this list friend!!!
    Thanks! The best part about it though is that I know I'm just scratching the surface with her abilities. I can imagine what people who are more knowledgeable than me could come up with if they put their mind to it.

****. Yes.

Now you know we're all civil in here! Respect is given when respect is received.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

So the ratonal part of me thinks Russell, as a Storm fan, is as shook as the rest of us with this image. However, the hype part of me sees that eye emoji and jumps to **OMG IS HE GOING TO BE THE ARTIST FOR A STORM BOOK!?!?!?!?! Instantly recalls how he said Storm and Jean were his favorites**

Attachment 115940
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Thanks! The best part about it though is that I know I'm just scratching the surface with her abilities. I can imagine what people who are more knowledgeable than me could come up with if they put their mind to itl:
    With my still burgeoning knowledge in planetary science, she could generate pressures with no upper limit crushing mountains and even coalescing atmospheric carbon into diamond.
    Generate temperatures with no upper limit.
    Create hurricane of fire or plasma.
    Gravity storms.
    Nebula manipulation.
    Antimatter storms which annihilate anything.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 12-02-2021 at 06:09 PM.