Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Re: Titans Hunt

I don't really care which it is myself. I'm merely interested in a Titans book that isn't being written by Lobdell or Pfeiffer since both of those have been crapfests.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But I think it's safe to assume, since most of the characters are in their New 52 costumes or in new costumes in general, that the book is intended to take place in the current continuity rather than being based around Convergence characters even though Convergence might play into this somehow.
    Oh most certainly. Seems to me that Convergence is just being used as an excuse to tweak the continuity and reveal the Titans history was there all along and no one remembers it because Superboy Prime punches. Convergence's influence will go as far as DC saying that whatever cosmic stuff went down (I didnt read the series) its ripple effects and/or villains/person of interest will be what triggers everyone remembering.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ya, i don't think its gonna be the Titans history but a Titans history. One thats in the confines of the New 52.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-12-2015 at 07:52 PM.

Guys, the New 52 is gone, welcome to story over continuity, and just enjoy whatever DC does from now on.
    I have no beef with Vegans

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, i don't think its gonna be the Titans history but a Titans history. One thats in the confines of the New 52.
    Well, a year or so ago, when Grayson was first getting started, Tom King said he and Tim Seeley had the philosophy that when Barry Allen rebooted the universe all of Dick Grayson's history, including the Titans, was folded into the fabric of the new world through a mechanism of mushy time. If you want you can see this as putting some force behind that statement. The ripples from the Convergence event have forced the mushy timeline to solidify and take the form of a secret history now emerging into memory.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Well, a year or so ago, when Grayson was first getting started, Tom King said he and Tim Seeley had the philosophy that when Barry Allen rebooted the universe all of Dick Grayson's history, including the Titans, was folded into the fabric of the new world through a mechanism of mushy time. If you want you can see this as putting some force behind that statement. The ripples from the Convergence event have forced the mushy timeline to solidify and take the form of a secret history now emerging into memory.
    that is some convoluted story telling

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    that is some convoluted story telling
    You've got fans trying to stuff 75 years of DC Continuity into x amount of years; hell, ANY attempt to make a consistent continuity with hundreds of creators is going to involve convoluted story telling.

Well in light of recent news of Lois and Clark stupidly being set on the main Earth, that title's on the far outside looking in now. It'll take a huge creative premise to get me to care now. Telos is still a go and I'm still keeping an eye on Titans Hunt.

Guys, the New 52 is gone, welcome to story over continuity, and just enjoy whatever DC does from now on
    Its not gone. Continuity remains and they're still following it. Its just not as strangling for the creators now, that's all. But the idea that continuity is out the window is a myth, they never said that.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well in light of recent news of Lois and Clark stupidly being set on the main Earth, that title's on the far outside looking in now.
    Where did this news come from?

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    You've got fans trying to stuff 75 years of DC Continuity into x amount of years; hell, ANY attempt to make a consistent continuity with hundreds of creators is going to involve convoluted story telling.
    It does work though, provided you never ever mention ages or dates and only focus on one past event at a time. And squint a lot.

I'd be perfectly happy with some hand-wavy traditional Titans re-insertion. There's about as much textual support for it as against it now.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Only thing that disappoints me is that they are bringing in Mal as the token member rather then Jackson Hyde/Kaldur'ahm. No one's ever cared about Guardian.
    Isn't Mal DC's first official Black Hero? Always liked Mal and Karen. I'd buy Titans Hunt in a heart if not for the writer. Dan tries way too hard for humor, tries too little on characterization and his action scenes fizzle.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Is going to be fun seeing Superman interact with his pre Flashpoint self.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    With regards to Superman.

As it has been outlined in interviews and the comics:

Superman, Lois, Parallax, etc. saved the multiverse.

The individual earths rebooted still. Pre-Zero Hour became Earth-16 (which is the smallest stretch of the bunch). Earth-S became Earth-5. Earth-5 became Earth-4. Earth-X became Earth-10. Earth-2 became Earth-2. Earth-1 became the DC You, presumably with Barry and Zoom's dance now causing Flashpoint to happen there.
    Where are the links for this? I thought they kept it vague because they still really don't have an idea of what is and isn't canon. These are guys with a history of running things by the seat of their pants.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Where did this news come from?
    From Jurgens himself: http://comicbook.com/2015/07/12/dan-...clarifies-the/

There were multiple times in the Red Hood and the Outlaws series where they mentioned these characters teaming up in the past. They were never officially the Teen Titans, but they were friends who had adventures together.