Page 81 of 243 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 3638
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    It's not often we agree on something.

Quote Originally Posted by clayholio View Post
    I think Steen is the perfect opportunity to have a corporate-sponsored WWE wrestler called Tim Horton. I'd roll out Willie Mack with his name, but as an illegitimate McMahon offspring (perhaps Shane's). Not having access to McMahon love or fortune, that would explain why he's a Juggalo.
    VIVA HIJO DEL RUSSO!!!!

That would be cool. One of my all-time favorite things in wrestling was Steen stealing El Generico's mask in ROH, and selling it on eBay.
    2 of steens career highlight have included the theft of somebodies mask. 1st super dragon then generico.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Sorry but I have no sympathy for a company that treats it's workers like shit. Some can play Sympathy For The Devil with TNA all they want but the Carters are the ones who put the company in the hole and made little effort getting it out of it.
    the wrestlers are the ones who suffer here, the carters will still be rich.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Jeff Hardy and bully ray and Kurt angle, three of the highest paid people in the company, saying they want to go back to wwe WHILE WORKING FOR TNA, strongly indicates this is correct.
    BTW, of those guys? Bully was let go, angle was let go, hardy was let go. It's not like they actively sought out TNA.
    Christian did, and then he came back.
    i'm pretty sure hardy left on his own, he even worked w/o a contract for a while before leaving.

Actually, he left because they wanted to start paying him less, he would have stayed otherwise.
    Which would have been stupid since he is making more money in japan than he did in TNA, and wrestling better people, in front of more people.
    Forgot to mention Kurt Angle, one of TNA's highest paid wrestlers, going to rehab...paid for by WWE.
    god damn did NJPW go full retard?? i thought they were just paying him more than what he was going to make after his paycut in TNA, but they're paying him more than what he was making originally??

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    Eh... You know maybe I'm idealistic. Maybe. I just had a crazy idea that if you're a pro wrestler in what is supposed to be the second largest promotion you might get something like a wage you can live on, and coverage for injuries. I don't maybe a bit more than the indies. Maybe get paid in a reasonable fashion.
    you don't think the wrestlers are capable of deciding what's reasonable for themselves??

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post

god damn did NJPW go full retard?? i thought they were just paying him more than what he was going to make after his paycut in TNA, but they're paying him more than what he was making originally??
    It's tricky number games. New Japan pays for his travel and hotel, TNA didn't.
    So, he was probably making more on his pre not signing offer, but he took home less.

Fantastic Member

AJ's previous TNA contract was 350k but expensenses weren't paid for. They wanted him to take a 40% cut so 190,000 would have been his new contract. He is making close to 200,000 with NJPW but no less than 150k. He has all his expenses paid for with NJPW. He does Indy shows weekly and he charges $3,500 for appearance and $2,500 for certain promoters. He also pockets his own merch and autograph sessions and Indy's cover his expenses. This year he could pull in $400k and net a lot more than he did with TNA for $350k. AJ is a winner in life.
    Last edited by marvell2k; 08-01-2014 at 09:45 AM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

wow. first tna is pretty much dead and now, royal and legato agree on something?

it must be my birthday.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2k View Post
    AJ's previous TNA contract was 350k but expensenses weren't paid for. They wanted him to take a 40% cut so 190,000 would have been his new contract. He is making close to 200,000 with NJPW but no less than 150k. He has all his expenses paid for with NJPW. He does Indy shows weekly and he charges $3,500 for appearance and $2,500 for certain promoters. He also pockets his own merch and autograph sessions and Indy's cover his expenses. This year he could pull in $400k and net a lot more than he did with TNA for $350k. AJ is a winner in life.
    This is all according to AJ btw, he talked about it in various places since going to new japan.

Fantastic Member

This is all according to AJ btw, he talked about it in various places since going to new japan.
    Yep, AJ isn't shy to brag about how he is doing just fine post-TNA. He wins and the NJPW fans win because I think he has been great!

BANNED

good for him

I do feel bad for the guys who were trying to make it in TNA and now won't have that opportunity

Astonishing Member

I was shocked to hear how little he was making in TNA.
    Just compared to hogan who did nothing and got 35000 everytime he was on tv. And did lower ratings than AJ.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    wow. first tna is pretty much dead and now, royal and legato agree on something?

it must be my birthday.
    Also. Alex said something nice about Roman Reigns!!

AJ got the normally calm, respectful, and polite Japanese crowd to chant his name and give him a standing ovation after his match today. As a HEEL.

I think he found his new home.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Fantastic Member

AJ, Alex Shelley, Young Bucks all intelligent former TNA wrestlers. The stupid one? Chris Sabin who stayed instead of following Shelley because they promised him the title and because of his then girlfriend Velvet Sky. Now she's with Bully Ray and he isn't doing much on the Indy scene. The dude trusted pussy.

Astonishing Member

Brother, no one will ever forget the chris sabin title run. Only surpassed by the Eric Young title run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Also. Alex said something nice about Roman Reigns!!
    He's better than a guy who was never any good isn't really something nice, it's something bad about Nash.

Fantastic Member

Brother, no one will ever forget the chris sabin title run. Only surpassed by the Eric Young title run.
    I'll go on record and say Eric Young had a better run and I thought Young as champ was ridiculous when you consider how it was booked.