Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I feel like Mom Avengers should be a thing at some point. Although I'd put Jessica Drew in there instead of Invisible Woman and Jubilee
    If we did mom Avengers I"d take out Scarlet Witch and Julia and replace with Crystal and Jessica Drew.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    If we did mom Avengers I"d take out Scarlet Witch and Julia and replace with Crystal and Jessica Drew.
    I forgot Crystal. I'd add her too. But I'd keep Scarlet Witch

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    So over on the DC forum we had a very successful thread and later poll on creating an all Female Justice League and an all Female Titans team and the results weren’t too surprising. JL ended up with Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Black Canary, Zatanna, Vixen, Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz), and Mera while the Titans ended up with Wonder Girl (Donna Troy), Starfire, Raven, Bumblebee, Miss Martian, Ravager and Terra. So I figured, why not try this out with the Avengers! So I ask, who would you put on an All Female Avengers team? Limit to 7 characters.
    Wasp - Janet, the leader.
    Tigra - the Scrapper
    Mockingbird - the Spy/the Stealth
    Spectrum - Monica, for the power
    Arachne - Julia, because I love the character
    Valkyrie - The Thor replacement with mount and Dragonfang
    Deathcry - for the space adventures, and to scrap with Tigra for drama
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Astonishing Member

I feel like Mom Avengers should be a thing at some point. Although I'd put Jessica Drew in there instead of Invisible Woman and Jubilee
    Responding to both you and Seren. I did what I could with a seven-member line-up. If I could go beyond that, I'd have included both Spider-Women, Crystal and Medusa, Meggan, maybe a reluctantly helping villainess (like Deathbird, Mystique or Princes Python) and the woman whose potential motherhood spawned one of the trippiest Avengers stories of the 1970s: Mantis aka the Celestial Madonna. As it stands, this group's got a bunch of different characters in different family situations ranging from the thoroughly stable and settled Sue Richards to divorced mom Julia Carpenter to single mom Tigra to adoptive mom Jubilee (a further note on Jubilee: a miniseries about Mom Avengers might have something to do with endangered children, so it might pay off to have a character who not only adopted an endangered child but also once WAS an endangered child). And I'd be reluctant to lose either Sue or Wanda because they probably add the most legitimacy to the group. The former because of comics history, the latter because she had a TV show where her being a mother was a plot point. Probably the one who fits in least is Janet Van Dyne because she always said she didn't want kids and she probably doesn't think of her relationship with Nadia in those terms. But that could be used for drama or comedy.

Honestly, the concept is probably only good for a miniseries. Maybe two if it's surprisingly popular. So, it's not like we'd be stuck with a lineup for more than six issues.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Responding to both you and Seren. I did what I could with a seven-member line-up. If I could go beyond that, I'd have included both Spider-Women, Crystal and Medusa, Meggan, maybe a reluctantly helping villainess (like Deathbird, Mystique or Princes Python) and the woman whose potential motherhood spawned one of the trippiest Avengers stories of the 1970s: Mantis aka the Celestial Madonna. As it stands, this group's got a bunch of different characters in different family situations ranging from the thoroughly stable and settled Sue Richards to divorced mom Julia Carpenter to single mom Tigra to adoptive mom Jubilee (a further note on Jubilee: a miniseries about Mom Avengers might have something to do with endangered children, so it might pay off to have a character who not only adopted an endangered child but also once WAS an endangered child). And I'd be reluctant to lose either Sue or Wanda because they probably add the most legitimacy to the group. The former because of comics history, the latter because she had a TV show where her being a mother was a plot point. Probably the one who fits in least is Janet Van Dyne because she always said she didn't want kids and she probably doesn't think of her relationship with Nadia in those terms. But that could be used for drama or comedy.

Honestly, the concept is probably only good for a miniseries. Maybe two if it's surprisingly popular. So, it's not like we'd be stuck with a lineup for more than six issues.
    I forgot about Mantis! I don't remember Medusa being a mother, though.

Although I feel non-Avengers like Invisible Woman and Jubilee should only be guest stars.

I feel the different maternal experiences from the different heroines would be an interesting idea for a limited series. Aside from Mantis it's a pretty White team, though (and she's half-White if I'm not mistaken). That's honestly a bit weird

Astonishing Member

Although I feel non-Avengers like Invisible Woman and Jubilee should only be guest stars.

I feel the different maternal experiences from the different heroines would be an interesting idea for a limited series. Aside from Mantis it's a pretty White team, though (and she's half-White if I'm not mistaken). That's honestly a bit weird
    Yes half, her father is German, Gustav Brandt. Medusa's son is Ahura.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Yes half, her father is German, Gustav Brandt. Medusa's son is Ahura.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Ahura

Spectrum, Storm, Tigra, Scarlet Witch, Wasp (Janet), Mantis.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Wasp - Janet, the leader.
    Tigra - the Scrapper
    Mockingbird - the Spy/the Stealth
    Spectrum - Monica, for the power
    Arachne - Julia, because I love the character
    Valkyrie - The Thor replacement with mount and Dragonfang
    Deathcry - for the space adventures, and to scrap with Tigra for drama
    Loving the love for both Julia Carpenter (my favorite Spider-Woman) and OG Valkyrie! And obviously Janet, Greer, Bobbi and, especially, Monica Rambeau!

The we about to mess you up team...

Monica "Spectrum" Rambeau (Leader)
    She-Hulk
    Sersi
    Jane "Thor" Foster
    Captain Marvel
    Scarlet Witch
    Moondragon
    Jocasta - A tech support and information gather.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-06-2021 at 01:01 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    The we about to mess you up team...

Monica "Spectrum" Rambeau (Leader)
    She-Hulk
    Sersi
    Jane "Thor" Foster
    Captain Marvel
    Scarlet Witch
    Moondragon
    Jocasta - A tech support and information gather.
    Nice powerhouse team! Just wow!

Oh, but the attitude. Sersi and Moondragon, on the same team? There'd be dead bystanders all over the place from all the weapons-grade snark they'd be throwing at each other...

Astonishing Member

Getting more mileage out of this subject than I expected.

Anyway, Invisible Woman was an Avenger for a couple of issues. She joined along with her husband Mr. Fantastic and Gilgamesh. And I'm not too keen on trying to keep characters separated into publishing "families". Especially for an Avengers title. That's the book that used to be able to draw from all over the Marvel Universe. Still is, technically. Hickman's run drew on the X-Men books by bringing in two New Mutants and an Imperial Guardsman. Jason Aaron's run drew on the horror side of the MU by bringing in Blade and Ghost Rider. Besides, if it's me writing it, I'm using Jubilee wherever I can. She's a longtime favorite of mine and has already been shown as versatile enough to branch out beyond the X-books (for example, she spent some time as Patsy Walker's personal assistant). Let's just say I'd use Jubilee like Bendis used Luke Cage.

As for the racial parity . . . not much we can do. There are very few super-heroines of color and even fewer that have had children. Never mind that it's even harder if you're not willing to dip into the X-Men pool, where most of the non-white heroines are. You could try writing it so some heroines have had a child since the last time we saw them, but who'd even work for that approach? Spectrum probably wouldn't work. Silverclaw's kind of young. Firebird's also pretty young and given her religious beliefs you'd probably have to invent her a husband too. I can't think of anyone else right now. And y'know, you don't want to pull the baby trigger on a character unless you're sure of what you're doing.

Wasp (Janet)
    Tigra
    Mockingbird
    She-Hulk
    Spectrum (Monica)
    Firebird
    Elsa Bloodstone

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Nice powerhouse team! Just wow!

Oh, but the attitude. Sersi and Moondragon, on the same team? There'd be dead bystanders all over the place from all the weapons-grade snark they'd be thowing at each other...
    Dang it, now I really wanna read it..
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Getting more mileage out of this subject than I expected.

Anyway, Invisible Woman was an Avenger for a couple of issues. She joined along with her husband Mr. Fantastic and Gilgamesh. And I'm not too keen on trying to keep characters separated into publishing "families". Especially for an Avengers title. That's the book that used to be able to draw from all over the Marvel Universe. Still is, technically. Hickman's run drew on the X-Men books by bringing in two New Mutants and an Imperial Guardsman. Jason Aaron's run drew on the horror side of the MU by bringing in Blade and Ghost Rider. Besides, if it's me writing it, I'm using Jubilee wherever I can. She's a longtime favorite of mine and has already been shown as versatile enough to branch out beyond the X-books (for example, she spent some time as Patsy Walker's personal assistant). Let's just say I'd use Jubilee like Bendis used Luke Cage.

As for the racial parity . . . not much we can do. There are very few super-heroines of color and even fewer that have had children. Never mind that it's even harder if you're not willing to dip into the X-Men pool, where most of the non-white heroines are. You could try writing it so some heroines have had a child since the last time we saw them, but who'd even work for that approach? Spectrum probably wouldn't work. Silverclaw's kind of young. Firebird's also pretty young and given her religious beliefs you'd probably have to invent her a husband too. I can't think of anyone else right now. And y'know, you don't want to pull the baby trigger on a character unless you're sure of what you're doing.
    Yeah, I was just referencing a discussion I was having in another sub where I pointed out how PoC heroes generally don't seem to be allowed to have children.

I get that the Avengers draw from all parts of the MU, but I feel like other heroines already get to shine on other teams for the most part, so I thought the Avenger women needed more focus of their own. For instance, we already see Invisible Woman in the F4, so less prominent heroes like Tigra or Madame Web could get more focus