Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    Well, a gun as sitting in a left hand would have the thumb prove most aptly be to press any extra levers or catches or buttons as positioned on the right side I would imagine, since the thumb would be on the right side instead of the left? As long as such a catch couldn't be pressed unintentionally?

Then again, the manufacturing corporation most readily associated with devising stuff up for the B.P.R.D. would be Zinco (very hush-hush) and ordinarily their products and workmanship isn't depicted as proving faultless or super workable in the stories.

Plus one will have to note that Hellboy hasn't been seeming too dependant on or enamored with his gun all that much - likely since he himself would be this butch-ass demon both as far too pigheaded to ever be caught at for example a shooting range or as being to fuss over his gear at all, prior to missions or whenever. As how he'd have been losing both as misplacing his gun multiple times (twice if I'm not mistaken).
    One thing he always managed to be doing is coming up with his coat whenever he needed it, pretty remarkably. I won't say I'm pigheaded myself (I just won't), but if I lose track of anything it'll be my coat. And I'm not even a demon, yet pretty fussy should it come to missions...
    just to let you know that The Samaritan was a gift from The Torch of Liberty who tried to teach Hellboy to shoot later in life but claimed he was the worst shot he had ever trained. where he got the gun has never been told.

Yeah I managed to grab one for a crazy low price. Is yours one with staple holes or not? The no holes ones are much rarer. I heard they were originally printed by DH for Celebrating Diversity but printed too many. The surplus were handed out at a convention (can't remember which) and these are the ones with no staples.

Quote Originally Posted by breen2057 View Post
    just to let you know that The Samaritan was a gift from The Torch of Liberty who tried to teach Hellboy to shoot later in life but claimed he was the worst shot he had ever trained. where he got the gun has never been told.
    True enough, potentially, yet for a potential Zinco production I was thinking of the gun shown in The Chapel Of Moloch as potentially being a second one.

If the first one as obtained from John Byrne's Torch of Liberty would indeed have become lost at the bottom of the sea sometime during The Third Wish or The Island.
    As how I contemplated towards in post #266 of this thread.

Whereas I'm not too sure whether either one of these guns actually get called "Samaritan" in the comics like in the movies, but correct me if I'm wrong, on anything really .
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by crimsondevices View Post
    Who else has this in their collection? Can't believe I found one for a really cheap price compared to its market value!
    I don't have the print, but it is a page in Mike Mignola’s Hellboy and Other Stories Artist’s Edition HC by IDW Publishing.

All-New Member

thanks for the reminder! I'll check it out there too!

All-New Member

Mine has the hole punches. I didn't know there was a variant without hole punches that didn't go in the Comics Buyer's Guide. Thanks for the info!

Hellboy - Supplement to Comics Buyer's Guide - 1994 by Francis Ramos, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by crimsondevices View Post
    Who else has this in their collection? Can't believe I found one for a really cheap price compared to its market value!

Attachment 33870
    I do not, as I've always denied myself to pay money for either of the two earliest existing Hellboy promo insert prints, since they appear forged or reproduced pretty easily, but I might pay premium on a complete package of such an insert plus the distribution magazine it came with.
    I do have some of the other early promo stuff, like Musings #4 and Dime Press #4 as well one or two of the Anubis story versions becoming available in my own country or Europe or Great Britain since those'd be what turned me to Hellboy as becoming available at the time.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 03-21-2016 at 11:48 PM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Comic buyers guide, that's it. I got mixed up with "Hi, my name's Hellboy" which was in celebrating diversity I think.

A quick video of it working

I received a new Max Fiumara original art page today. B.P.R.D. 1948: Issue #2, page 12 (young Hellboy appearance)

I love the exchange between these guys on this page.
    Margaret: "Hey Peanut, what've you been up to?"
    Hellboy: "Nothin' but trouble Angel-face!"
    Margaret: "Angel-face?"
    Archie: "He didn't hear it from me! Honest!"
    Haha

1948_issue02_page12_SplashPageArt.jpg
    Last edited by topfueluhl; 04-14-2016 at 01:44 PM.

Ha! Yes that was funny! That whole mini was a box of emotions.

Sort of related to this thread.
    Does anyone know of a complete listing of Hellboy publications, variants, promos etc etc for the completisits out there?
    I found a good one on completehellboy.com but it only goes up to 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Confused85 View Post
    Sort of related to this thread.
    Does anyone know of a complete listing of Hellboy publications, variants, promos etc etc for the completisits out there?
    I found a good one on completehellboy.com but it only goes up to 2011.
    That's the best one that I know, I'm afraid.

This is my first Hellboy page done by Richard Corben! Makoma: issue #1, page 19.

20160602_112713_cropped.jpg

6-2-2016 11-47-12 AM.jpg

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Wow, love me some Hellboy!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor