Page 58 of 170 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

I still think Circe could be explained as the reason that Steve is resurrected. Doesn't mean we have to actually see her at all, just figure out that what happened to him was the result of the machinations of an ancient witch, revelations which weave into the main tale of WW vs. Cheetah.

Someone's gotta put this trailer to Metallica's Ride The Lightning now.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

She looks amazing!
    Also, I have no problem with her "riding" lightning. She is the daughter of Zeus and as far as I am concerned it makes sense within the fantastical narrative that has her being the daughter of the deity that is master of lightning and thunder.
    I would also have no problem with a narrative that has her fighting Circe in modern times in a third film, and I would love if we finally see her flying (but I we don't, that's also ok with me).
    At this point, it is pretty much guaranteed that Wonder Woman will continue having movies about her made. It is the nature of the beast, and WB knows that there is too much money to be made from Diana. So if not now, I am sure that at some point when we get a Wonder Woman film reboot in the near future we will see her flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I still think Circe could be explained as the reason that Steve is resurrected. Doesn't mean we have to actually see her at all, just figure out that what happened to him was the result of the machinations of an ancient witch, revelations which weave into the main tale of WW vs. Cheetah.
    Absolutely.
    The sorceress' backstory could be easily linked to some grudge that Circe has with Hyppolita (or the amazons in general), and this grudge will have her itching for revenge or something, and what better way to hurt an ancient enemy than making their loved ones suffer?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FutureWonder; 12-07-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

Someone's gotta put this trailer to Metallica's Ride The Lightning now.
    If the leaks are true (and they seem to be, at least broadly) Circe isn't involved. I do wish she was.

Although I guess it's still possible there were some subtle hints in her direction that maybe the test audiences didn't pick up on?

I honestly feel it could be Circe. I mean Patty for the most part seems to be doing the majority villains in order. I mean we have Ares and now cheetah. Ares came first then Cheetah. I also wonder do you guys think Steve will stay alive or this is it?

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

I have no idea what comic this is from (anyone knows? I do recognize the artist though...Doug Mahnke), but clearly, the riding the thunderbolt thing was not made up for the movies.
    ELM3PYxXsAQrxa-.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    I have no idea what comic this is from (anyone knows? I do recognize the artist though...Doug Mahnke), but clearly, the riding the thunderbolt thing was not made up for the movies.
    ELM3PYxXsAQrxa-.jpg
    Justice league by Brian Hitch
    Richard Alexander

Adding Circe would be too much, we have two major villains for this movie already. Though if it was up to me I'd switch Lord for her or Dr Psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Adding Circe would be too much, we have two major villains for this movie already. Though if it was up to me I'd switch Lord for her or Dr Psycho.
    They could hint to her.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

That teaser was amazing! Gal is absolutely drop-dead gorgeous and I LOVE the bright colors so much! I was a bit nervous about Wonder Woman swinging on lightning bolts but it actually looks pretty cool. I noticed one of the bullets grazed her shoulder but [SPOILER] her wish costs her a chunk of her powers and I'm guessing that's how WW realizes that she's lost them [/SPOILER]

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

She's Spider-Man swinging from LIGHTNING? I never knew I wanted this until I saw it! Let's not forget that that's a MAJOR speed feat, either. Think of how brief a lightning flash is? She can see it, gauge the distance, and throw the Lasso at it in time to catch it and make her swing?

That's at least close to Flash-level right there.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Can she swing on clouds, too?

Gotta admit, swinging on Lightning is cooler than flying.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    She's Spider-Man swinging from LIGHTNING? I never knew I wanted this until I saw it! Let's not forget that that's a MAJOR speed feat, either. Think of how brief a lightning flash is? She can see it, gauge the distance, and throw the Lasso at it in time to catch it and make her swing?

Yes, it actually looks cooler than what it sounded like in second hand spoilers. And you're right, she is moving unimaginably fast to pull this off.
    Which gives me more hope for the rest of the movie if the reactions turn out to be accurate. The execution is what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Gotta admit, swinging on Lightning is cooler than flying.
    It's more limiting, though. Like, unless she can summon storms too, she needs that invisible plane for sunny days.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post

This movie is making up for the lack of feats in the comics.