Page 244 of 248 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248 LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 3709

"The only two things I’ll share are: Not every X-Man is going to make it out of this alive and the ending is going to leave a lot of jaws on the floor."

this scares me...

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I'm glad someone remembers that he is her nemesis...

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    "The only two things I’ll share are: Not every X-Man is going to make it out of this alive and the ending is going to leave a lot of jaws on the floor."

this scares me...
    She's on the table if Ahab is there. And with 2 other Jeans existing it usually means curtains for her. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

But once again they drop the "not everyone makes it out alive" nonsense.

So Rachel's great big Gold arc came and went. Im not even sure what the point of that was. Guggs could have kept that to himself

And so ends Rachel Dark Saga .

Well at least she's ready to move on at least until the next writer resets the character.

It's a pity hope the next writer who uses the character can do better.

I'm starting to get used to the uniform with the cape but I'm never going call her Prestige.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

so it ends with a fizzle..... really hoping we get news this weekend at SDCC that Rachel will be on a new series

Because of this latest Fiasco do you think Rachel should create a permanent side Shield blocking her from all telepaths? The only person she should let in her mind is Kitty via a psychic rapport. The only way in her mind would be if a strong psychic piggyback on through Kitty.
    She should be like a complete blind spot to psychics.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Because of this latest Fiasco do you think Rachel should create a permanent side Shield blocking her from all telepaths? The only person she should let in her mind is Kitty via a psychic rapport. The only way in her mind would be if a strong psychic piggyback on through Kitty.
    She should be like a complete blind spot to psychics.
    She was supposed to have learned that skill from Emma and later Rachel taught it to teen Jean.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So Rachel's great big Gold arc came and went. Im not even sure what the point of that was. Guggs could have kept that to himself
    Well, at least she didn't hurt anyone and it was nice to see that if she wanted she could shut down everyone even Storm with her TP.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    She was supposed to have learned that skill from Emma and later Rachel taught it to teen Jean.
    She actually already had that skill before she even came to 616. She first used it on panel in UXM 188 I think when she hid her mind and physical presence from Xavier and the rest of the X-Men to eavesdrop on them. It was a skill Xavier trained her on, and then was exploited by Ahab so she would be the best tracker/hound possible. Claremont conveniently made her a noob and made Emma reteach her this in this crappy Rachel run (can't walk in heels, turns herself into a dinosaur, doesn't know any of her previous skills or development since arriving in 616).

But to answer Alphaxman, Yes she should absolutely but larger scale wards in her mind. And then allow Jean or Emma to back them up as to prevent future lame intrusions. Although Cassandra would clearly get through them, but others couldn't bypass. It would be like Psylocke when Claremont brought her back and no psychic could establish a link to her due to Jamie's tamperings.

Spectacular Member comradepitrovsky's Avatar

Hey, Marc? Marc, buddy? Remember when Jean called Rachel “her daughter,” literally a month ago? Remember when she talked about “her daughter” in Fatal Attractions? Remember how when Jean got in a dream scenario where every wish of hers came true it was where she and Scott and Rachel and Nathan got to live as a normal family? And talked about her “two beautiful children?”

Go fuck yourself, Marc.

(Also, lol no at the whole plot there. “Oh sure you have deep ptsd from watching everyone you know and love dying before your eyes, and having to kill many of them, but nah, you’re completely fine. What’s mental health?”)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comradepitrovsky View Post
    Hey, Marc? Marc, buddy? Remember when Jean called Rachel “her daughter,” literally a month ago? Remember when she talked about “her daughter” in Fatal Attractions? Remember how when Jean got in a dream scenario where every wish of hers came true it was where she and Scott and Rachel and Nathan got to live as a normal family? And talked about her “two beautiful children?”

Go fuck yourself, Marc.

(Also, lol no at the whole plot there. “Oh sure you have deep ptsd from watching everyone you know and love dying before your eyes, and having to kill many of them, but nah, you’re completely fine. What’s mental health?”)
    I don't think jean call rachel her daughter a month ago.It was daughter of the man she loved.

Quote Originally Posted by comradepitrovsky View Post

Go fuck yourself, Marc.

Well do not blame you for feeling in this way after reading X-men Annual expected another reaction from Jean.

Even the fact that Jean created a telepathic bond with Rachel was technically ignored she should have felt something was wrong with Rachel when Mesmero controlled her.

Well we're going to have to be satisfied with a happy time between the two every 3 or 4 years .

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Well do not blame you for feeling in this way after reading X-men Annual expected another reaction from Jean.

Even the fact that Jean created a telepathic bond with Rachel was technically ignored she should have felt something was wrong with Rachel when Mesmero controlled her.

Well we're going to have to be satisfied with a happy time between the two every 3 or 4 years .
    I think you mean decades instead of years.

A couple thoughts, as I haven't even read it yet but based on comments in multiple threads:
    1) I think this kinda establishes that the timeline for Gold and Red is: Gold up until right before the wedding, Phoenix Resurrection, Red Annual, Wedding thru End of Gold, start of Red series.
    2) Interesting that Jean finds no trace of Mesmero but also no trace of Cassandra Nova.... did he write this before the Red Annual, or didn't know/care?
    3) The writing is terrible for multiple reasons. The quotes? The condescension from Jean? Really?!?! The only time Jean ever would have responded to Rachel like that would have been waaaaaay back before she made amends with her in Excalibur. So out of character for both.
    4) Guggenheim is a TERRIBLE writer, but we knew this. It also confirms that THE X-EDITORS DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THEIR JOB, OR WHAT THEIR JOB IS. To have multiple characters in multiple books with no editing of how characterizations go? It's pretty bad.
    5) Guggenheim has essentially trashed both Rachel and Kitty, which will likely lead to one of them dying during Extermination. Sadly I think it's our girl...

Spectacular Member comradepitrovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I don't think jean call rachel her daughter a month ago.It was daughter of the man she loved.
    It was, word for word, “What do you say to your daughter born in another timeline?”

But Phoenix is her mother not Jean.
    I read gold today because my friend pick it up and the way Jean acts with Rachel reminds me of my stepmom, be nice to the kids only when daddy is around lol.