Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Ok so Scott n Jean have chronological ages.
    Aight Tnx guys <3

God I love this issue. Attractive and unexpected plot. I love to see Grey-Summers clan gather together and their reactions to Cable's death really hit my heart

BANNED

Thought this was fantastic and the art was stunning.

Great tension and left you wanting more.

Like the New Cable and hope he sticks around in Uncanny and then Xforce.

BANNED

Thought this was fantastic and the art was stunning.

Great tension and left you wanting more.

Like the New Cable and hope he sticks around in Uncanny and then Xforce.

I really liked this issue too. I can't say i love the deaths, especially the first one, but overall i thought it was a very good set up and i can't wait to see where it goes

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Teens can be in uni when they're seventeen which is absolutely the oldest that the O5 can be. Also, you guys gotta remember age retcons. Warren, Jean, and Scott were 16 now when they became X-Men. Bobby was 13 or 14. Hank was 18.

Adult Jean's age is... complicated. Chronologically if it's been 15 years since the X-Men formed she's 31, but she didn't age when she was in the healing cocoon (which has her at least at a year younger than Scott and Warren) and it's debatable if she was brought back at the age that she would be since years have passed when sh died, so she could be even younger.

And then there's the fact that she spent over a decade in the future raising Cable in another body...
    A good marker for Jean is that she was 23 when she became Phoenix and 24 when Dark Phoenix died on the Moon. She is almost exactly a decade older than Kitty. For her physically you can take away that year, maybe another 1-2 before X-Factor, around 3-4 years since she’s been gone after Morrison. Since DPS for the X-Men it has to have been a decade at least, which would make Jean’s body around 28 or so.

Mentally though things are different. Chronologically she should be 34, and she retains both Phoenix and Madelyne’s memories so her first absence can be argued to not count here. So you only get the 3-4 years from her second death but have to add her 12 years in the future in Redd’s body, making her 42-43.

BANNED

If this is the clean up of X-Men books then it's a good start.

I think we might end up with a new X-Man book starring young Cable in January which I'd love.

I hope Larraz is on art once the X-Men line start again, his work is fantastic and so full of character and action.

Him on Uncanny and Asrar on abjectiveless would be my dream X-Men books, Marquez on X-Man/Cable/XForce.

Jordan White has stated that Cyclops at least is 28
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Jordan White has stated that Cyclops at least is 28
    He said that and then quickly gave up saying ages don’t matter when fans pointed out that was basically impossible. One example why is it’d make Kitty only 18.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    He said that and then quickly gave up saying ages don’t matter when fans pointed out that was basically impossible. One example why is it’d make Kitty only 18.
    You have to move their ages around over time. Jean was 24 in DPS, but Scott was still only 25 in the mid 90's Onslaught era. So either only one year elapsed in over 150 issues, or Jean has to be a bit younger than 24 in DPS. Consider also Havok. He first appears graduating college, and Scott is at least two if not several years older than him, which would make him at least 24 back in 1969!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    You have to move their ages around over time. Jean was 24 in DPS, but Scott was still only 25 in the mid 90's Onslaught era. So either only one year elapsed in over 150 issues, or Jean has to be a bit younger than 24 in DPS. Consider also Havok. He first appears graduating college, and Scott is at least two if not several years older than him, which would make him at least 24 back in 1969!
    Alex is gifted, I’m sure he was racking up the AP credits in highscool, tested out where possible and graduated early from everything.

Claremont is my touchstone. You’ll have to pry his age markers from my cold dead body. If Kitty’s say 24 now we can get a good idea for everyone else based on that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    One of MANY reasons I hate the sliding timescale.

BANNED

-I would've thought Jean would have a slightly bigger reaction to Nathan's death. I felt her pain, and I'm glad she was present, but I felt like Rachel was more impacted by the loss than she was. IF Hope Summers features in this story at all, I'm sure her reaction will be heartfelt (and hella sad); I don't even like her as a character but that father-daughter relationship was really important

-Very confused by the French twins. How and why were they present in NYC without any memories? Ah well if they stick around they can be great friends with Karasu and Sojobu Tengu.

-Did anyone else think that Cecelia Reyes looked a little like Whoopi Goldberg here lol? She looks like a different person when cross-referencing with the last time we saw her.

Attachment 69381 Cecilia Reyes.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Lol @ the fact that I think Angel only had one line in the entire issue. Poor Angel.

So, it seems that the O5 live in the school now.
    Warren's O5 counterpart has just been a tagalong. He didn't even want to be here until teen Jean psychically coerced him to do so.

And seems so. Guess Magneto is just chilling in the Madripoor mansion with Briar, Danger and Ferris these days. Though he might've sent out some invites for his Brotherhood.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    I think young Cable is collecting the O5 to return them to their proper time-line.
    This. Though I'm not sure how he plans to wipe their memories (particularly Jean's, who surely has psychic defenses) and the power of the Black Vortex from Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    She's in the promo art for Disassembled so for now Rachel is safe in Extermination.
    It could quite easily be a misdirection. It's happened before. But with her role in X-Men Red as Cassandra Nova's puppet, that might assure safety, depending on how that coincides with the timing of Extermination.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    The male hound really looked like Vanisher (circa KYost's X-Force)
    I thought the same thing. It would make sense too, for the convenience of Ahab having a teleporter. I thought the hound who looked like Wild Child could be Primal...

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    One AU down, now just need to get rid of Jimmy.
    I'd be perfectly fine with Brisson bringing in Jimmy Hudson just to kill him off. The possibility of him lingering for writers to use him at a later date is terrifying. Best to kill him off whilst he attempts to save Jean or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I'm hoping Iceman being the first one captured doesn't mean he'll be MIA for the rest of the issues.
    Seems likely he'll remain in the capsule until being returned to his time period. Angel and Beast will probably get taken in the next issue or two, leaving Tyke + Jeen as the last ones standing for a climactic battle.

Quote Originally Posted by gotunandan View Post
    How likely, do you folks think, the following ending for Extermination is ?

-----
    Some X-character goes back in time to the exact point that old Hank went back, and brought the O5 with him. That X-person then convinces Hank how those actions resulted in a even worse future.
    Hank agrees not to bring the O5 into the 'future' at all.
    So in a end of Age of Apocalypse style 'reset', the O5 never came to the present and probably had their minds wiped (by said X-person or Prof X) at that point and everything is 'reset'
    -----

Now the problem with this theory is that the O5 interacted and interfered with a lot of stories from 2012 onwards, so that would need to be handled, and I can't think how :/
    That would certainly resolve the problem of them having traveled through time and changed as individuals, but the consequences of that would be that those changes would, in theory, ripple across time and change the present. There are six years of stories built around them, and their absence might even make things worse for the X-Men, which could be a neat way of shifting the status quo and presenting new story opportunities. It'd definitely change Magneto and Emma Frost. And would Iceman have come out if young Bobby hadn't exposed him?

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Why is everyone surprised about young Cable? We all saw the eyes in the preview last month. It was either him, Hope, Stryfe or X-Man.
    I think people thought it too obvious to be Cable, so thought it was a misdirection. I'd kinda like Hope, Stryfe and/or X-Man to feature in the story just to complete the family. Heck, even killing them off (the Extermination is seemingly for the dupes after all) would still be a means of closing that chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I have a slight fear their bombs or mutant-hunting monsters and CeCe is about to be killed next issue.
    Oh no. What if they were planted and they destroy the school. Cecilia Reyes and all the students might be at risk. Now I'm really nervous. I'm imagining her using her forcefields at the last second to try and contain the blast, thus saving lives.

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    Kill Beast next
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    No, Kitty deserves to go first.
    Kill 'em both IDC. Exterminate X, Quentin Quire and Jimmy Hudson while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    The number is going to increase. Can't wait to see this one.
    https://twitter.com/PepeLarraz/statu...97948321161216
    Ooh, this should be great. I wonder who else will enter the fray. Probably the older counterparts of the O5 right? Hopefully Emma Frost, Magneto, Polaris, Danger and Gazing Nightshade. Make this a proper sendoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    I hope when this story is over they somehow break the ability to travel through time/realities. There's no rules to it, every other story is about it, and it's just corny. Here's to stories about the present and immediate future of the X-Men for a good, long while after this.
    Gods yes. I'd be absolutely fine with them closing that door.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Bloodstorm has been a stand out in Blue. She's been one of their heavy hitters since she joined, she humiliated like half of Generation X in the time travel arc, Magneto gave her and Jimmy black ops assignments, she was part of Lorna's substitute team. She hasn't gotten a ton of character development, but to be fair no one but Magneto, Scott, Jean and Hank has in 30 odd issues.
    Despite not really getting any legit character development, she was probably my fav in Blue because she was badass af. Kinda sad her life has been extinguished. She would have been great on X-Force or the Exiles.
    Last edited by King_Thor13; 08-16-2018 at 05:58 AM.

BANNED

Rosenberg’s Kitty is too good to just be killed off.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Lies. Why bring her in, do basically nothing with her, and then just kill her for some cheap thrills? Racist. Misogynistic. Wasteful. Lazy storytelling.
    If you want to think her death was racist, sexist, and wasteful, that’s valid (I don’t disagree on any of those points).

But the poster above you JUST gave plenty of examples contradicting that they’ve done “basically nothing with her”. How are those “lies”, exactly?
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?