Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
    Kon93

Im guessing young Cable and ahab are both from 20 years in the future,but wants to take the 05 back to when they left, to erase all they have done in the present forward, and the other just wants them dead or to keep them from being placed back in the past, so as not to stop the present and future from happening.

I want Nate grey/x-man to now show up and confront young Cable.

Also young Cable has only killed OG cable,or killed himself.

Ahab killed bloodstorm,so young Cable isn't a cold blooded killer unless you consider killing urself being one

I'm thinking young Cable is O5 Scott and jeans kid who was also infected with the TO virus then sent to the askani future, his uniform is like his dad's and his necklaces are like in the askanison mini. He has the scar and wouldn't have it if he wasnt inflicted with it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Uhh they don't say im white or black because that is obvious when someone asks "where you're from?" do you say Earth? No cause youre assuming the person asking is aware of this. Since many Black Americans had ancestors who were stolen from their native country a lotta of them are unaware of their genetic makeup. I know my Grandpa was FOB Irish and grandma was Creek Indian and Black beyond that is a mystery. My moms from Cleveland im from Alabama being American is enough for me

What would that perception be in your mind ?
    Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    I have another question. What's your definition of black?
    In the US, when you see a black person, do you automatically assume they are black American? Do automatically assume that they will be similar you in terms of culture, family life, food, music, language? In New York, I am assuming that calling someone black implies they are "black American".

Cece Reyes, a black woman from Puerto Rico may identify more with brown Puerto Ricans who do not look like her than black Americans who do. She may speak Spanish at home not English, watch telenovelas like Yo soy Betty, La Fea rather than BET, eat arroz con gandules instead of potato salad, grow up dancing salsa instead of hip hop. So I can understand why a black Latina woman may want to identify as Latina rather than black.

I think this very much depends on the person. I understand what Tunasammiches is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by jollygoldfish View Post
    In the US, when you see a black person, do you automatically assume they are black American?
    Well I'm in America so yeah...lol
    Do automatically assume that they will be similar you in terms of culture
    Uh No I grew up on a farm, near the beach, going to powwows, my mom had me clogging to 'Rocky Top Tennessee at the annual Blueberry Festival (no wonder I'm gay)
    family life,
    Uh No I got a lotta Double cousins
    food
    Nope I put Ketchup on everything
    music,
    lol Dude I like Fleetwood Mac The Smith's Hank Williams Jr. Bright Eyes, MSI...etc itd be cool but I'm not holding my breath
    language?
    Nope I used to sound country AF and I had a really bad stutter one of the ways I cope is by saying "Like" a LOT so I sound like a white valley girl most times
    In New York, I am assuming that calling someone black implies they are "black American".
    In what situation would it matter?
    Cece Reyes, a black woman from Puerto Rico
    shes from New York
    may identify more with brown Puerto Ricans who do not look like her than black Americans who do.
    Im assuming she came from Black Puerto Ricans, I guess Eminem is black since he Raps, or Cardi B....it Pitbull...J.Lo
    She may speak Spanish at home not English, watch telenovelas like Yo soy Betty, La Fea rather than BET
    who can blame her BET sucks there's hardly any gambling
    eat arroz con gandules instead of potato salad,
    Errr
    grow up dancing salsa instead of hip hop.
    shes a Black Puerto Rican from the Bronx No way she escaped Hip Hop
    So I can understand why a black Latina woman may want to identify as Latina rather than black.
    But uh why? Besides being crazy stereotypical nothing you mentioned is solely Black or Latin. My upbringing isn't the same as many black Americans but that doesn't diminish my claim to blackness This board is crazy eye opening tho...As backwards as it is I feel your rundown on what you have in mind as Black culture is the same as many posters.
    I think this very much depends on the person. I understand what Tunasammiches is saying.
    I feel as if people think identifying as black has a negative connotation so will do anything they can to distance themselves If Cecilia really thought that way she'd be suffering from color dysmorphia another victim of America's Eurocentric society

In the US, when you see a black person, do you automatically assume they are black American? Do automatically assume that they will be similar you in terms of culture, family life, food, music, language? In New York, I am assuming that calling someone black implies they are "black American".

Cece Reyes, a black woman from Puerto Rico may identify more with brown Puerto Ricans who do not look like her than black Americans who do. She may speak Spanish at home not English, watch telenovelas like Yo soy Betty, La Fea rather than BET, eat arroz con gandules instead of potato salad, grow up dancing salsa instead of hip hop. So I can understand why a black Latina woman may want to identify as Latina rather than black.

Culture and race aren't the same thing. I'm black British, I don't speak the same language or share culture with someone from Kenya. But I'm still black. Cece can both be latino and black.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Culture and race aren't the same thing. I'm black British, I don't speak the same language or share culture with someone from Kenya. But I'm still black. Cece can both be latino and black.
    I live in the UK too. I've lived in the US as well for many years. The UK and the US are very different. In the UK, when someone is black, do you automatically assume they are black British?

All I'm saying is that someone who is black Latino and who thinks being called "black" automatically means you are "black American" may not consider themselves "black". Even if they are more than happy to identify as "black Latino".

Can someone explain why silver was specifically referenced and used to ensure that Bloodstorm/vampire was killed? To my knowledge silver is supposed to affect werewolves, while a wooden stake through the heart kills vampires (and to ensure that they remain dead, the skull would need to be separated from the body). Ahab using a silver lined wooden stake should not be able to kill a vampire...unless there is something about Marvel vampires that I do not know about?

Can anyone explain this to a confused reader please?

In the UK, when someone is black, do you automatically assume they are black British?
    That's not what I'm saying at all. Anyway, let's not derail the thread any further

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    Can someone explain why silver was specifically referenced and used to ensure that Bloodstorm/vampire was killed? To my knowledge silver is supposed to affect werewolves, while a wooden stake through the heart kills vampires (and to ensure that they remain dead, the skull would need to be separated from the body). Ahab using a silver lined wooden stake should not be able to kill a vampire...unless there is something about Marvel vampires that I do not know about?

Can anyone explain this to a confused reader please?
    Wood breaks. Silver is more durable, hence why it was used to lace the spear. FYI, silver is lethal to vamps in the MU

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Vampires

Silver: Silver nitrate is extremely deadly to a vampire. Bladed weapons forged from silver are more likely to destroy a vampire than conventional ones. If ingested, a vampire's body will convulse wildly and disintegrate within moments. Silver nitrate combined with garlic extract produces a sort of "vampire mace" that, when sprayed, will cause a vampire's body to quickly corrode.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wood breaks. Silver is more durable, hence why it was used to lace the spear. FYI, silver is lethal to vamps in the MU

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Vampires

Silver: Silver nitrate is extremely deadly to a vampire. Bladed weapons forged from silver are more likely to destroy a vampire than conventional ones. If ingested, a vampire's body will convulse wildly and disintegrate within moments. Silver nitrate combined with garlic extract produces a sort of "vampire mace" that, when sprayed, will cause a vampire's body to quickly corrode.

AH! Thank you! ��

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Lies. Why bring her in, do basically nothing with her, and then just kill her for some cheap thrills? Racist. Misogynistic. Wasteful. Lazy storytelling.
    I agree with misogynistic and lazy, but not with wasteful or racist.

A female character being killed to create manpain is classic fridging, no question. It is a lazy way to tell a story, in my opinion.

I don't see it as wasteful because a) she's a duplicate character and b) part of this event is ridding the franchise of dups. It was to be expected.

I don't see it as racist because she wasn't targeted for being black, she was targeted because she was a duplicate that needed to be gotten rid of. I'd agree that her being on the cast in the first place was tokenism, though.

I had to re-register on this board -,-

BANNED

Let's just be glad it's an alternate reality Storm that got caught up in a classic Cyclops story and not the real one.

I count that as a win, all things considered. Could be worse.

I actually really liked Bloodstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I actually really liked Bloodstorm
    Me too. It's too bad she's gone. I did like this issue as a full story. The art was solid, and Brisson's storytelling was great. I want to see adult Jean's reaction to young Cable.

https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...termination-1/

So we know that teen Jean is getting a team that will protect her. But she's gonna get all proactive and go after the bad guy.

Has there been anything released about who Cyclops, Beast, and Warren have protecting/defending them?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So we know that teen Jean is getting a team that will protect her. But she's gonna get all proactive and go after the bad guy.

Has there been anything released about who Cyclops, Beast, and Warren have protecting/defending them?
    I get the feeling that Jeen will be the last one standing and that's why she would need a team. Cyclops is probably going to fall after Iceman, the solicitations make it seem like the O5 are going to be on the edge. If anybody is going to be proactive, it will probably be adult Jean.