Page 277 of 298 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281287 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,155 of 4458

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Too bad Taylor's Hal is late-Johns Hal with none of the goodwill.
    Is late-Johns Hal even really a thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is late-Johns Hal even really a thing ?
    Most definitely.

Most definitely.

Oh, I just call that New 52 JL-Hal .

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    The Bat-Lantern fandom is going to explode if this comic features Hal sucking on Bruce's neck.

So unless I'm missing something, essentially every book teased on this image has now been released or announced, except for GLC?

Last edited by Johnny; 11-20-2021 at 09:58 AM.

If I were to guess we'll probably hear something when the next wave of books is launched in March, at least going off rumors.

If that happens, I guess I'll be curious about the creative team since imo Hal rarely tends to shine in a team-up environment since I believe he isn't really a team-up character that usually works best on his own. I still remember when Dan Jurgens was asked once about how he saw Hal as compared to the other GLs and he said that in his perspective the others were franchise outlets, while Hal was a solo operator. Maybe he didn't think Hal needed to be surrounded by other characters either, which is ironic since one of the critiques you tend to hear the most about this character particularly on social media is the usual talking point that he's supposedly not compelling enough to carry a story on his own and needs to be surrounded by other more compelling characters to help carry the story for him. Something that I obviously highly disagree with, but it does make you think.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-20-2021 at 11:15 AM.

I don't know if that's actually going to happen...I mean, we don't know what's going on with Guy and Kyle (although I don't think they're dead like Arisia apparently is) but Jessica's currently a Yellow Lantern and I don't know if they're going to immediately undo that.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    If that happens, I guess I'll be curious about the creative team since imo Hal rarely tends to shine in a team-up environment since I believe he isn't really a team-up character that usually works best on his own. I still remember when Dan Jurgens was asked once about how he saw Hal as compared to the other GLs and he said that in his perspective the others were franchise outlets, while Hal was a solo operator. Maybe he didn't think Hal needed to be surrounded by other characters either, which is ironic since one of the critiques you tend to hear the most about this character particularly on social media is the usual talking point that he's supposedly not compelling enough to carry a story on his own and needs to be surrounded by other more compelling characters to help carry the story for him. Something that I obviously highly disagree with, but it does make you think.
    Maybe that was his diplomatic way of saying he sees Hal as the start of the franchise...? Can't argue with that.

I don't think he's written much Hal other than a few guest appearances in other books, but in his heyday I think Jurgens could've penned some great GL stories.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Interestingly, you hear this complaint about Batman from certain circles as well.

And it's not true in either case, or at least not true in the sense that you need a whole army of characters surrounding them 24/7 (Bruce needs a Bat-family, but the 20+ members we have now need him more than vice versa).

Team/ensemble stuff like JL or GLC I can agree, but I actually tend to think when he's paired off with someone in a duo (Barry, Ollie, one of the other human Lanterns) I think he can work pretty good.

Incredible Member

Team/ensemble stuff like JL or GLC I can agree, but I actually tend to think when he's paired off with someone in a duo (Barry, Ollie, one of the other human Lanterns) I think he can work pretty good.

Hal has proved that he can sell books with the right creative team. DC would be foolish to keep him on the sidelines, we know that he's alive and his ring works. Someone wrote that we need new blood , which is true. But I think that another GL book with Hal would sell. But don't know how long Thorne will be on GL either. Maybe someone knows ?

Lmao sour grapes right there, that’s all it is. When Hal was at the center of the books he carried the franchise to heights it hasn’t seen before or since, and despite all the gushing over Jo on Twitter and what not, her Far Sector book sold like crap. Bet that little fact wouldn’t make them say she isn’t compelling enough to carry her own book. Twitter is just salty that Hal succeeded and people like him, nothing more to it than that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao sour grapes right there, that’s all it is. When Hal was at the center of the books he carried the franchise to heights it hasn’t seen before or since, and despite all the gushing over Jo on Twitter and what not, her Far Sector book sold like crap. Bet that little fact wouldn’t make them say she isn’t compelling enough to carry her own book. Twitter is just salty that Hal succeeded and people like him, nothing more to it than that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    At the expense of everybody else since his return.

Since he has been the main one in the main title-logic says him being a solo guy and selling is not an assumption.
    It's been proven from Green Lantern vol 1 to Green Lantern since GL Rebirth.

As for Jo not being compelling....

Far Sector
    #7 in Mystery Graphic Novels
    #9 in DC Comics & Graphic Novels
    #18 in Science Fiction Graphic Novels (Books)

Morrison GL
    Vol 1 Season 1
    #276 in Mystery Graphic Novels
    #321 in DC Comics & Graphic Novels
    #525 in Science Fiction Graphic Novels (Books)
    Vol 2
    #2,329 in DC Comics & Graphic Novels
    #10,555 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels
    Vol 1 season 2
    #205 in DC Comics & Graphic Novels
    #726 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels
    Vol 2
    #142 in DC Comics & Graphic Novels
    #523 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Amazon is saying something different. To be fair Green Lantern Earth One is in the top 100 of DC novels.

How about we stop with cheap shots for a franchise that needs all the support it can get.