Page 503 of 827 FirstFirst ... 3403453493499500501502503504505506507513553603 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,545 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    We saw it with Tupac after Juice & Poetic Justice.

We saw it with Paris Hilton.
    Don't do that. The false equivalent in regards to basic talent alone is just plain mean. Pac was good in Juice and he wasn't playing type in Gang Related, which is one of my absolute favorite fly under the radar movies of that time. Not for nuthin it was Belushi's best role too.

Even as a Brand via name Paris Hilton is a misdirect. Best she could pull off is destination gig work, even among the destination gig worker community I feel there are way cooler options than her funny lookin ass.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    There have been plenty of athletes who have become good actors. Maybe not great actors, but I can think of a few good ones:

Alex Karras, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Bob Ueker, Jim Brown
    John David Washington, Nnamdi Asomugha...
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Don't do that. The false equivalent in regards to basic talent alone is just plain mean. Pac was good in Juice and he wasn't playing type in Gang Related, which is one of my absolute favorite fly under the radar movies of that time. Not for nuthin it was Belushi's best role too.

Even as a Brand via name Paris Hilton is a misdirect. Best she could pull off is destination gig work, even among the destination gig worker community I feel there are way cooler options than her funny lookin ass.
    Big facts.....

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post

One small thing about that...

For what I would guess is right around "Most Folks..."?

Gang Related most likely came in under the radar.

Is it a vastly underrated film? Definitely.

That said, part of the reason that it is probably has to do with folks just having missed it.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    That's true. Although Jordan also played himself, but wasnt the best actor. Maybe LeBron is better though
    Should've let Spike Lee direct Space Jam instead. I liked it as a kid and it still has a place in my heart (also led to Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden) but it was like they couldn't let Jordan show his arrogance and hate for his opponents in the movie because then that wouldn't be nice to sell merchandise to the kids. Soundtrack still holds up though and I hope the sequel will do the same.

Strangely, Space Jam: A New Legacy feels weirder than the original but that might be because I'm an adult now and not a little kid. Lebron James out here needing Superman on his superteam smh. Jordan would never!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Should've let Spike Lee direct Space Jam instead. I liked it as a kid and it still has a place in my heart (also led to Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Gaiden) but it was like they couldn't let Jordan show his arrogance and hate for his opponents in the movie because then that wouldn't be nice to sell merchandise to the kids. Soundtrack still holds up though and I hope the sequel will do the same.

Strangely, Space Jam: A New Legacy feels weirder than the original but that might be because I'm an adult now and not a little kid. Lebron James out here needing Superman on his superteam smh. Jordan would never!
    I didn't like Space Jam that much when I was a kid. My brother who was obsessed with jordan at the time, loved it, and is probably going to love the sequel.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I didn't like Space Jam that much when I was a kid. My brother who was obsessed with jordan at the time, loved it, and is probably going to love the sequel.
    Same here.

In fact, I didn't care for it at all.

Ultimate Member

I never really got the point. And the characterization of "female Bugs" bothered me.

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I never really got the point. And the characterization of "female Bugs" bothered me.
    The movie was based on Michael Jordan and Bugs Bunny appearing together in a Nike ad. That's the long and short of it. The people who are excited for the sequel only liked the original because they watched it when they were five. There are so many other projects I'd rather see than another Space Jam, but I won't give the fans grief.

Ultimate Member

The movie was based on Michael Jordan and Bugs Bunny appearing together in a Nike ad. That's the long and short of it. The people who are excited for the sequel only liked the original because they watched it when they were five. There are so many other projects I'd rather see than another Space Jam, but I won't give the fans grief.
    If people like it, that's ok with me. But I've never understood what about it is so great

DMX Is on Life Support in a 'Vegetative State' Following Heart Attack, Per Ex-Manager

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/dmx...ing-1846619145

Following the shocking news that DMX (born Earl Simmons) suffered a heart attack, we have received updates of the 50-year-old rapper’s health status.

According to the New York Times, DMX’s ex-manager Nakia Walker confirmed that he is currently on life support and in a “vegetative state.” Walker also noted that some of DMX’s relatives have visited him at the hospital.

“We’re just praying,” Walker said.

DMX reportedly suffered a drug overdose on Friday night and was taken to the hospital in White Plains, New York.

After a series of conflicting reports over the weekend (including that the rapper was taken off of life support at one point), DMX’s longtime lawyer Murray Richman confirmed that DMX was currently on life support.

“It would be disingenuous for me to suggest that I’m not a worried man at this particular point,” Richman told PIX11 News on Saturday.

I grew up listening to Dark Man X. Easily my favorite rapper growing up. Easily one of the most underrated rappers, both sales wise and lyrically IMHO.

Still have a bunch of his stuff on my lifting playlist and a few of his things on my other playlist.

So I say this as a fan of his music... but...

this was always how this was going to end. Either this or something more destructive (drugs + driving and such).

Dude seemed ot have demons from the word go and those demons never went away. He is not a good person, at all. Sucks for his family, hopefully he still had money left to support his very large family

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That still doesn't seem like it's specific about how Whedon was especially horrible, does it? I mean, it makes him sound like a jerk to work with, I guess, since he doesn't want any feedback from anybody, and wants it all his way ... I don't know, the details about how he tried to bully Gadot seem like the worst specifics given here, and bad as that stuff was ... well, given she was already a hugely successful actress at that point, I'd again say his actions there seem more like those of an ******* who is just horrible to everybody around him, than someone with specifically targeted animosity. I mean, not that just being horrible to everybody is okay.

This piece seems more focused on criticism of Geoff Johns than Whedon, doesn't it? Or am I misreading/
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    That still doesn't seem like it's specific about how Whedon was especially horrible, does it? I mean, it makes him sound like a jerk to work with, I guess, since he doesn't want any feedback from anybody, and wants it all his way ... I don't know, the details about how he tried to bully Gadot seem like the worst specifics given here, and bad as that stuff was ... well, given she was already a hugely successful actress at that point, I'd again say his actions there seem more like those of an ******* who is just horrible to everybody around him, than someone with specifically targeted animosity. I mean, not that just being horrible to everybody is okay.

This piece seems more focused on criticism of Geoff Johns than Whedon, doesn't it? Or am I misreading/
    Fisher went all the way up WB, so he definitely targeted Johns as well.