Page 504 of 826 FirstFirst ... 4404454494500501502503504505506507508514554604 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 12390

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

hopefully he still had money left to support his very large family
    Doubt it, I was just going on about this with my co-worker. DMX ain't 50 cent, I loathe 50, but does anybody really dislike DMX? He had about the best 10 years of any rapper ever, multi-platinum records, when that still was a thing, he was in movies, tours, merch and he didn't hide anything from anybody. He had it about as hard as it comes being taken advantage of and despite that he wasn't never no dummy, very talented guy. He should be a rich man. After B.I.G. and Tupac was killed, he kind of got things back so where Nelly wasn't all we had to listen too. Very sad.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Doubt it, I was just going on about this with my co-worker. DMX ain't 50 cent, I loathe 50, but does anybody really dislike DMX? He had about the best 10 years of any rapper ever, multi-platinum records, when that still was a thing, he was in movies, tours, merch and he didn't hide anything from anybody. He had it about as hard as it comes being taken advantage of and despite that he wasn't never no dummy, very talented guy. He should be a rich man. After B.I.G. and Tupac was killed, he kind of got things back so where Nelly wasn't all we had to listen too. Very sad.
    Yup... 5 consecutive albums going number 1 (including 2 in one year) and just missed the 6th going number 1. DMX was BIG

Unfortunately cocaine is a hell of a drug
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

I wasn't a big fan of the first Space Jam but I do remember that they managed to use some of the personas of the NBA All Stars to some effect.

This looks to be just LeBron unless I missed something.

I know Kobe decided not to be in this (I don't know if anybody else was asked other than Kobe and Lebron) and other than Kobe the only NBA star with a recognizable pop culture persona that I can think of is Blake Griffin (that whole stoic weirdo deal he had going in his commercials).

Don Cheadle has his work cut out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I wasn't a big fan of the first Space Jam but I do remember that they managed to use some of the personas of the NBA All Stars to some effect.

I know Kobe decided not to be in this (I don't know if anybody else was asked other than Kobe and Lebron) and other than Kobe the only NBA star with a recognizable pop culture persona that I can think of is Blake Griffin (that whole stoic weirdo deal he had going in his commercials).

Damian Lillard, Anthony Davis, Klay Thomspon, and Diana Taurasi are the "players who got their skills taken" in this
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

Some declined due to shoe contracts and other opportunities.

I do know Geek Freak was asked. I think Curry, Harden, Brittle Durant and others were asked and declined.

Extraordinary Member

While some may have agreed with Johns, I honestly don't see why it would have made a difference. If Seg-El was half black, Jor-El being quarter black, and both mating with white women, then Kal-El would most likely still look as he does traditionally. I never thought about Dean Cain's ancestry while he played Superman until I read his Wiki profile years later after hearing about his political views (still the best modern Clark Kent, imo).

Plenty of folks walking around with African ancestry, and you would not even know unless they told you. Folks take the one drop rule way too serious.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    While some may have agreed with Johns, I honestly don't see why it would have made a difference. If Seg-El was half black, Jor-El being quarter black, and both mating with white women, then Kal-El would most likely still look as he does traditionally. I never thought about Dean Cain's ancestry while he played Superman until I read his Wiki profile years later after hearing about his political views (still the best modern Clark Kent, imo).

Plenty of folks walking around with African ancestry, and you would not even know unless they told you. Folks take the one drop rule way too serious.
    I honestly don't understand why the one drop rule is still even a thing. Like when people acted like Obama was just Black. For some reason, biracial doesn't register

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    that's a good read.

WB leadership looks fucked up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    While some may have agreed with Johns, I honestly don't see why it would have made a difference. If Seg-El was half black, Jor-El being quarter black, and both mating with white women, then Kal-El would most likely still look as he does traditionally.
    The actress Georgina Campbell is biracial black in real life i think but the character she was playing (Lyta-Zod)is not.
    Now zod was a biracial black Kryptonian on the Krypton (TV series) but the actor in real life is not.
    So if Regé-Jean Page was playing Seg-El both his parents would have been shown as just black Kryptonians and jor-el would have to be shown as a poc and kal-el or most likely kal-el if they had show him if they got more seasons.
    Geoff johns did not want that.
    Last edited by mace11; 04-07-2021 at 04:27 AM.

Extraordinary Member

By the way check out this person's view.

In Defense of Geoff Johns | Ray Fisher Attacks Geoff Johns & Joss Whedon!
    Nerdette's NewsStand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S89F_JfKXI
    Last edited by mace11; 04-07-2021 at 05:04 AM.

Ultimate Member

While I agree largely with Fisher’s assertions I’m not so sure about the Geoff Johns part.

Going from the story, it seems that 1). Johns wants stuff to remain faithful to the comics to a fault 2). Wanted to lighten up JL because he was mandated to do so. The article really is heavily biased against Johns because Johns has identified as Lebanese-American for a VERY long time. It’s not something he’s just brought up to defend himself. He’s also the person that added Cyborg to the JL and has in the past diversified the JSA. He’s not someone that’s displayed any racial bias in the past.

Fisher made out a lot of stuff to be about race but I’m not sure it is. It seemed like WB gave a very strict mandate of what they wanted and the production team tried to enforce this. Johns just seems to be something of a geek that wants to keep things as close to the comics as possible.

As for Whedon, he seems like a real piece of work. He’s one of those Hollywood douchebags that thinks he’s smarter and more successful than he really is. The part where he cut off Fisher and threatened Gadot is really troubling and Fisher was 100% right to call it abusive and unprofessional. Whedon seems to be one of those toxic assholes that doesn’t tolerate any form of dissent. That’s a situation WB could and should have handled better.

In all this, it’s really unfortunate Fishers co-stars didn’t speak up about this sooner. The man had been turned into a laughing stock before his co-stars finally spoke out.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    While I agree largely with Fisher’s assertions I’m not so sure about the Geoff Johns part.

Going from the story, it seems that 1). Johns wants stuff to remain faithful to the comics to a fault 2). Wanted to lighten up JL because he was mandated to do so. The article really is heavily biased against Johns because Johns has identified as Lebanese-American for a VERY long time. It’s not something he’s just brought up to defend himself. He’s also the person that added Cyborg to the JL and has in the past diversified the JSA. He’s not someone that’s displayed any racial bias in the past.

Fisher made out a lot of stuff to be about race but I’m not sure it is. It seemed like WB gave a very strict mandate of what they wanted and the production team tried to enforce this. Johns just seems to be something of a geek that wants to keep things as close to the comics as possible.

As for Whedon, he seems like a real piece of work. He’s one of those Hollywood douchebags that thinks he’s smarter and more successful than he really is. The part where he cut off Fisher and threatened Gadot is really troubling and Fisher was 100% right to call it abusive and unprofessional. Whedon seems to be one of those toxic assholes that doesn’t tolerate any form of dissent. That’s a situation WB could and should have handled better.

In all this, it’s really unfortunate Fishers co-stars didn’t speak up about this sooner. The man had been turned into a laughing stock before his co-stars finally spoke out.
    I don't know how to feel about Johns, but Whedon on the other hand...woof. I believe everything said about him is true. I'm surprised he wasn't read the riot act when that disgusting Wonder Woman script he wrote got leaked. I knew about him firing Charisma Carpenter after she got pregnant, not to mention the way Buffy handled black characters.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    The actress Georgina Campbell is biracial black in real life i think but the character she was playing (Lyta-Zod)is not.
    How was she not? I only watched a few episodes, but her mother was a black woman. Was the character adopted?
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I don't know how to feel about Johns, but Whedon on the other hand...woof. I believe everything said about him is true. I'm surprised he wasn't read the riot act when that disgusting Wonder Woman script he wrote got leaked. I knew about him firing Charisma Carpenter after she got pregnant, not to mention the way Buffy handled black characters.
    Exactly.

I'm not sure why he was still getting high profile gigs. Whedon is toxic AF.