Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Felt like it lacked any real world presence.

There would be SOME response.
    My take on it was infinity war happened two places on earth. New York and that only last a couple min before they were off earth again. Then Wakanda , they had no problem staying a secret for as long as they did. I assumed that they had tech that made satellite or any other kinda surveillance of the area ineffective. And not sure how much the Military could helped so I doubt Steve or Tchalla is alerting the military. They would just pull another battle of new York and Nuke everyone.

Endgame. Well Thanos attacked right on top of Avengers in a world that not only was devastated by the snap but seconds before just had everyone brought back. Which should cause a bunch of issues on its own. Iono how long that battle was suppose to last but it didn't seem like some long drawn out thing like the battle for New York or Sakovia. I just assumed it was a combination of happening fast and the world having their hands full with all the returned people and wildlife. Though its kinda Weird The sorcerers brought the ravagers and Howard the duck but I didn't see Fury and any agents of Shield there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I always wished they woulda found other ways to show Clints Talents and make him not seem out of his league. He can choose to use a Bow but they need to have some crazy scene where he's forced to pick up a gun and just does something insane.
    I can think of at least two cases where Clint used a gun to great effect, and of course he used a sword quite effectively.

BANNED

Total lack of governmental authority or the presence of the military of any sovereign nation in weird conflicts, especially against Thanos.
    World Security Council, anyone?

Granted, we don't know who they are, what their agenda is, or even if they still exist, but we do know they were international and infiltrated by HYDRA, which means they were not intrinsically HYDRA. And that almost certainly means it was funded by various governments, which means SHIELD was funded by a world government agency.

So I'd say a lack of governmental authority is not a thing is most of the MCU stories. And SHIELD certainly seems military at its heart, even if they don't have a traditional military command structure (something difficult to achieve when dealing with a cross-nation military force).
    Last edited by JamesonAnders; 05-27-2020 at 01:37 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Trick arrows, though!
    Technically, trick arrow *heads*

Quote Originally Posted by JamesonAnders View Post
    I can think of at least two cases where Clint used a gun to great effect, and of course he used a sword quite effectively.
    Clint also used Cap’s shield for a bit.

Technically, trick arrow *heads*

Some of the arrows probably have to have specialized feathering (or whatever it’s called).

BANNED

Some of the arrows probably have to have specialized feathering (or whatever it’s called).
    Perhaps, but that would be quite a bit more complex than what we were shown of how his system works.

Fletching - I know this!

... that Cap and Bucky are so progressive in their views.

I'm not talking Ultimate Cap but I always thought they should've been less ... open minded. Would've made for some fun stories.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Fletching - I know this!
    Yeah, I should have. It was just escaping me at the moment.

Perhaps, but that would be quite a bit more complex than what we were shown of how his system works.
    But it is something one can just safely assume without needing to over analyze it or have it explicitly stated.

Ultimate Member

Clint also used Cap’s shield for a bit.
    And Pym Particles! He's grabby that way. (He tried Thor's hammer, but Mjolnir wasn't having it.)

Ultimate Member

Felt like it lacked any real world presence.

There would be SOME response.
    One of the neat bits about the recent DC movies is when some big thing would happen in, say, Man of Steel, and they'd cut to CNN and some famous announcer describing the alien ship over Metropolis or whatever. I kind of feel that the Marvel movies, by comparison, feel more insular, with the camera sticking the main characters, and those civilians or authorities present and relevant, and not cutting to distant reactions as much, and, IMO, it makes the 'world' feel a bit smaller, as if Thanos isn't threatening 'the world' so much as 'the Avengers house,' 'cause we aren't seeing 'the worlds' reaction, we are just seeing the events occurring around the compound in that final Endgame battle. (The first Avengers movie, cutting to news reactions afterwards, gave me more of a feel for 'this is happening in the world' than the end of Endgame, where it was all about Tony. And, uh, I guess that chick who died. What was her name?)

Extraordinary Member

That neither Thor nor any of the other characters acknowledge that the day of Thursday, is named after Thor.

You’d think someone would mention it or joke about it at least once.

Realism or the lack thereof.
    Everything in the MCU feels glossy.

When? I genuinely don't recall him doing anything impressive with a gun. Getsb in a shootout with Maria Hill but doesn't do anythin impressive He's good with a sword but as Ronin all he did aim wise was throw some ninja stars in a normal way. Visually there is so much you can do with A character like Bullseye or Ultimate Clint.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-29-2020 at 09:29 PM.