Page 300 of 325 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 4870

I’m thinking The Eternals might be where we get the first reference to mutants, so we might start to hear some stuff a little sooner than that. Hopefully.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Logan is one story about X-23, which is about her origins - there's far more to her than that. They can do various themes wth her, like her becoming Wolverine's protege or eventually being the next Wolverine and other things like in New X-men where she was in a class with other students. What age she is has nothing to do with the qualify of the story's she's in. The comics have a wealth of material to explore, which Fox never got too. They can show her as a kid in flashbacks, like they did with Magneto. They don't have to do everything the same. For example, Logan thankfully left out how she was forced into being a prostitute. Logan takes a lot fo inspiration from her Target X mini-series where she's the star getting revenge on the Facility and she's far more capable than she was in the movie. Because she can explore her life after her origins more thoroughly as an adult and as a man character. The main X-men movies are kid friendly and they had Wolverine stabbing soldiers to death. Her life is more than revolving around Logan, I'd like to see her with the New X-men students like Surge and crew and growing up. She has an interesting relationship with Emma Frost, there's more then one way to do something in stories.

Fox X-men were inconsistent and ranged from awful to great. X-men: Last Stand was not a "mature" story by any stretch, it was a live action cartoon. X-23 is more then what she was in Logan, there's her as a student, being in X-Force, becoming Wolverine, being friends with the 05. Everyone saw Logan, we can move onto the next stage. Magneto was only a kid in flashbacks, the majority of his appearances are as an old man or a full grown adult.

WB needs to reboot GL and the movie turned off many to the idea which is taking years to fix, X-men can do anything and are more open to exploring more media at once, they've had movies along side tv shows before (Legion, The Gifted).
    I agree ,I don't see the actress who played her in Logan playing her again,I'd prefer Sofia Boutella of Kingsman fame playing her as an adult she is the only one I see as the quintessential X-23 she was born for this role.The look, athleticism just perfect!

What if the snap is the reason why people remember Mutants exist,?and maybe the ones who were snapped are the only ones who get to remember their existence.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    What if the snap is the reason why people remember Mutants exist,?and maybe the ones who were snapped are the only ones who get to remember their existence.
    Not sure I follow. What does one have to do with the other?

Fantastic Member

Another possible theory as to how mutants enter could be a play on the we've always been here idea. As we know in Avengers Endgame, Cap went back in time to return or drop off the stones. We also that he chose to remain and missed his window of return which in theory shoyld have altered things and created another timeline or at least altered the present/new one. (See this is why I hate time travel but damn its what we have to deal with now). So with him altering things the current timeline coyld have mutants in it the explanation for where they have been is that the timeline was altered so they have always been around. Now mutation could be a result of exposure to the stones or whatever but we know that the return of old man Cap in Endgame was 5 years in the future and with things changed mutants could have always been.

The other way to go with this possibly is the multiverse parallel or multiple timeline thing which could lead into Secret Wars where we have incursions and the mutants come from a time of course altered by Caps actions the timelines or dimensions or earth whatever you want to call it are about to clash in an incursion at some point

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I like that idea. I think it would work nicely as part of a larger, over-arching story.

My biggest concern is that Marvel Studios will just hand-wave the absence of mutants in the MCU to this point. When they show up, they'll just say they were always there, but were small in numbers and kept to themselves. I think that's a weak explanation for why they were absent and not known about. And it's not a very interesting story.

With this theory, you could treat it sort of like X-Men Evolution did. In that show, mutants existed, but their existence was kept secret. They were "in the closet" so to speak until an event they couldn't control outed them. Maybe the event, in this case, could be the snap.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I like that idea. I think it would work nicely as part of a larger, over-arching story.

My biggest concern is that Marvel Studios will just hand-wave the absence of mutants in the MCU to this point. When they show up, they'll just say they were always there, but were small in numbers and kept to themselves. I think that's a weak explanation for why they were absent and not known about. And it's not a very interesting story.

With this theory, you could treat it sort of like X-Men Evolution did. In that show, mutants existed, but their existence was kept secret. They were "in the closet" so to speak until an event they couldn't control outed them. Maybe the event, in this case, could be the snap.
    Hmmm the snap destroys all the psi-barriers and walls Xavier and the telepaths put in people's minds to block, hide and even erase the existence of mutants?? So now that everyone is back they remember all these incidents and missing children that they gave up etc..that coukd be an interesting way to go.

I still think you could blend the idea of the snap and the radiation from it increasing mutations globally and maybe even some past event caused a dwindling innnumbers for mutants which caused them to stay hidden away during the whole Thanos thing. I was thinking maybe even have it that Thanos' snap dusted everyone with an xgene which was hidden fron the common knowledge of the public then upon return boom all the mutants are back and so are peoples memories

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post

What's the difference between the first and the second version? What you describe in the first paragraph is exactly what Evolution did. Why does the snap need to be the thing that outs mutants? I don't like the need for everything in the MCU to tie back to the Infinity Stones and that whole story line. I would much prefer the X-Men have nothing to do with it.

In the end, I think the best explanation is the simplest one and the one that requires the least amount of exposition and dependence on a plot device (the snap). What happened in Evolution is essentially the same thing that happened in the comic universe and that's what they should do in the MCU. We know mutants have been around forever in the comics (Apocalypse, Selene, to a lesser extent Wolverine, etc), and that the public was unaware of them until a certain point, so mutants and the X-Men could exist in the MCU but in small numbers (or so most people think) and be hidden by people like Xavier and Fury until some event outs them. It should be a mutant caused incident, not the Snap.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerX View Post
    What's the difference between the first and the second version? What you describe in the first paragraph is exactly what Evolution did. Why does the snap need to be the thing that outs mutants? I don't like the need for everything in the MCU to tie back to the Infinity Stones and that whole story line. I would much prefer the X-Men have nothing to do with it.

In the end, I think the best explanation is the simplest one and the one that requires the least amount of exposition and dependence on a plot device (the snap). What happened in Evolution is essentially the same thing that happened in the comic universe and that's what they should do in the MCU. We know mutants have been around forever in the comics (Apocalypse, Selene, to a lesser extent Wolverine, etc), and that the public was unaware of them until a certain point, so mutants and the X-Men could exist in the MCU but in small numbers (or so most people think) and be hidden by people like Xavier and Fury until some event outs them. It should be a mutant caused incident, not the Snap.
    I can agree with alot of this however, you still end up with the problem of where have they been during world shattering events. Just hiding out may not fly with the fans. Being hidden by Xavier and a coven of telepaths or whatever is great but then people would ask why not help out

Fantastic Member

This is where I think tying into some of the existing MCU maybe not the stones might be beneficial. Since they introduced time travel and Cap changed something it should have altered the timeline. When he came back as old Cap and passed the shield to Sam, the world has been changed or altered. In this new MCU world that exist
    "5 years later" and altered by Steve's actions could it be feasible that mutants have always been and people have known about them enough to have fears and hatred as well as admiration?

I’d love to retire the Infinity Stones as an MCU Plot contrivance. There are so many more interesting plot contrivances out there.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I’d love to retire the Infinity Stones as an MCU Plot contrivance. There are so many more interesting plot contrivances out there.
    It really is wild how such a trivial part of the Marvel IP became so central to everything and everyone in the films. I think we're kinda stuck with it at this point, given the whole foundation of the MCU is the Infinity Saga. Maybe over time they will move away from them, but they are the bedrock.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Fantastic Member

I hope that in MCU mutants would be created by the snap,. There were no mutants before, so no Xavier, Magneto and any other old and expirienced mutants; all mutants are new mutants. Also, I hope they would use less known characters, instead of the most popular. Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, etc. are already popular and well known outside the comics, so staring in the movie wouldnt change any thing. I would like to see in movies characters from New Mutants, Generation X and New X-Men (Academy X). MCU managed to elevate guardians of galaxy from barely known to popular, and I want to see the same happen with less known X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    I hope that in MCU mutants would be created by the snap,. There were no mutants before, so no Xavier, Magneto and any other old and expirienced mutants; all mutants are new mutants. Also, I hope they would use less known characters, instead of the most popular. Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, etc. are already popular and well known outside the comics, so staring in the movie wouldnt change any thing. I would like to see in movies characters from New Mutants, Generation X and New X-Men (Academy X). MCU managed to elevate guardians of galaxy from barely known to popular, and I want to see the same happen with less known X-Men.
    The Guardians were used in addition to the popular heroes and Avengers. Likewise if we see the NMs and other teams, they will be used in addition to the X-men, not in place of them

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    I can agree with alot of this however, you still end up with the problem of where have they been during world shattering events. Just hiding out may not fly with the fans. Being hidden by Xavier and a coven of telepaths or whatever is great but then people would ask why not help out
    I don't think it would be that difficult to explain. Take for example Endgame showing us that the Ancient One was participating in the defense of NYC during the invasion in Avengers 1. It's very possible that the X-Men have been active but just haven't been in the same place as the Avengers and it isn't hard to imagine Xavier or another telepath covering their tracks so the rest of the world doesn't find out.

Even so, I can't think of a particular incident in the MCU that the X-Men would HAVE to have gotten involved in. The world has been threatened a few times but usually the attack is by aliens on a specific city and doesn't last very long. It's possible they stayed out of it because the X-Men were still young and inexperienced.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    This is where I think tying into some of the existing MCU maybe not the stones might be beneficial. Since they introduced time travel and Cap changed something it should have altered the timeline. When he came back as old Cap and passed the shield to Sam, the world has been changed or altered. In this new MCU world that exist
    "5 years later" and altered by Steve's actions could it be feasible that mutants have always been and people have known about them enough to have fears and hatred as well as admiration?
    See, this is going back to what I mentioned about the best explanation being the simplest one to convey. Can you imagine how awkward and confusing it would be to have to explain that to the audience? Why would Steve's time travel affect this very specific thing? And who would be affected by this memory alteration? Because if it's everyone, how would anyone know what's different about the world and thus be able to explain it to the audience?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Yes, please

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It really is wild how such a trivial part of the Marvel IP became so central to everything and everyone in the films. I think we're kinda stuck with it at this point, given the whole foundation of the MCU is the Infinity Saga. Maybe over time they will move away from them, but they are the bedrock.
    The Infinity Saga is over, I really hope they move on and leave those tired old MacGuffins alone. The constant use of the infinity stones was sooo lazy and my least favorite thing about the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    God, I hope not. This would change so many things that are fundamental about the X-Men. Mutants are supposed to be born with their powers, it's what makes them an allegory for race, gender, sexuality, etc. If they're powered as adults from some outside source instead of intrinsic genetics, then that eliminates that metaphor and makes them just like every other powered super-hero. Then there's the problem of how will other mutants be born if this was an isolated incident because of the Snap? Unless you mean that the snap caused people to now be born with powers. But then I don't see how we could have teenage and adult mutants running around since the Snap literally just happened (or was 5 years ago if you mean Thanos', but then you would have 5 year old mutants running around). Either way, it just doesn't work for me.
    Last edited by SkywalkerX; 06-02-2020 at 09:43 PM.