Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Default Marvel T.V. shows and movies will intersect in a big way.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. Not to be too cynical, but it seems like the Disney+ series are in part consolation prizes for people who were in the Avengers movies but can't carry their own movies: Bucky, Sam, Vision, Wanda, Loki, probably Hawkeye. They may plant seeds for future films but a lot will really depend on whether the actors get to go back into the feature films or whether they wind up being sort of cordoned off from the main action.

Of course I'm always pessimistic where Vision and Wanda's future is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. Not to be too cynical, but it seems like the Disney+ series are in part consolation prizes for people who were in the Avengers movies but can't carry their own movies: Bucky, Sam, Vision, Wanda, Loki, probably Hawkeye. They may plant seeds for future films but a lot will really depend on whether the actors get to go back into the feature films or whether they wind up being sort of cordoned off from the main action.

Of course I'm always pessimistic where Vision and Wanda's future is concerned.
    Generally speaking I don't see TV shows and movies intersecting because movies take years to make, and for a show to intersect with that would take years and years of planning.

That said, post End Game I DO think we'll get some intersection because I suspect they did plan that out to the degree where everyone will basically be on the same page for that small window of time. I don't think it will last... but I think we'll have a brief period where things will line up enough to see something.

Astonishing Member

They said this before

Didn't really happen

I don't expect that to change

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    They said this before

Didn't really happen

There's one difference, which is that Feige was not involved with most of the Marvel TV shows. Once he won the battle to split Marvel Studios off from the rest of Marvel, he simply ignored everything that happened on the TV shows. The shows have tried to act like they're in the same universe as the MCU, but the MCU doesn't know they exist.

These Disney+ limited series are Feige's own productions and Marvel TV isn't involved, so they could set up things for the movies if he wanted them to.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    There's one difference, which is that Feige was not involved with most of the Marvel TV shows. Once he won the battle to split Marvel Studios off from the rest of Marvel, he simply ignored everything that happened on the TV shows. The shows have tried to act like they're in the same universe as the MCU, but the MCU doesn't know they exist.

These Disney+ limited series are Feige's own productions and Marvel TV isn't involved, so they could set up things for the movies if he wanted them to.
    Sure it could happen

I just don't think it really will

At least not significantly

Extraordinary Member

That I can agree with. I will be pleasantly surprised of course if Vision and Wanda's series leads to them doing more things in the MCU but I'm inclined to think it's being done because the MCU doesn't know what to do with them, or Bucky, or Sam, or Hawkeye, or other MCU characters who can't carry a movie.

Of course it may depend on how well the series do, which in turn depends on whether anyone even watches Disney+.

Wow, Chloe Bennet is going to be so angry. She has been complaining that the MCU has been ignoring Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D since 2016 https://screencrush.com/agents-of-sh...marvel-movies/.

Jeph Loeb has been so downgraded. They aren't letting him anywhere near Disney Plus.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    They said this before

Didn't really happen

Jeph Loeb, is that you?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I can kind of see concepts/characters/people introduced in these series spinning into bigger things in the movies depending on how they play it, and maybe the character development with the Avengers in these shows will carry over into the movies somehow (but that probably is dependent on whether they ever return to the movies), but I at least feel more confident in there being more connectivity here then I am with other Marvel shows.

Anyone who's not believing this just doesn't know what they're talking about. The Disney+ series are a COMPLETELY different situation from the current Marvel TV shows. Those will actually never be considered on the movies. The Disney+ series are literally being created as part of the movies, with main movie characters, by Feige, who has repeated that they'll matter over and over.

Extraordinary Member

While I'm not going to lie and say I'm not going to subscribe to this service, I kind of have to ask...

"Who cares?"

We've already seen these characters interact with the characters from the movies. For years. Been there, done that. What would've been cool is to see Luke, Jessica, and DD do so since that is something we specifically haven't seen.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.