Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Jumping back into DC, and wondering how everyone would rank Williamson’s storylines.

Also, how did DC not put Kenneth Rocafort on this book? His style would fit perfectly with the Flash aesthetic.
    I'm kind of mixed on Williamson's run. I like some of the things he's done like further developing Barry's everyday life and friends and the development he's given to the new Kid Flash, but his characterization of Barry tends to make him look like a jerk. I personally like a lot of the new things he's brought to the Flash books like Godspeed and the other force users, but the execution leaves something to be desired. Then there's the fact that DC has kind of left him to dry since he can't use the old Flash family members, Wally is just going to be an unresolved plot point for a while, and apparently he's not even freely allowed to have Kid Flash in the book due to him also being in Teen Titans. I would recommend Flash Year One since I feel that's the best his run has to offer.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Jumping back into DC, and wondering how everyone would rank Williamson’s storylines.

Also, how did DC not put Kenneth Rocafort on this book? His style would fit perfectly with the Flash aesthetic.
    Williamson has been writing this title for a LONG time now, and the issue I have is the SAME one I've had since about #12.
    There has been virtually NO forward momentum in regards to the characterisation of Barry Allen.
    We're 80+ issues into the current volume and he still reads like a second guessing, reactive rookie.
    I LIKED my Barry Allen as the intelligent, competent, Flash Fact spouting speedster.
    I realised the New 52 threw everything outta whack and it would take some time to get back what was lost, but for me, it is TAKING WAY TOO LONG.
    And the fact that Wally and Bart are STILL M.I.A in this book drives me nuts. (Thanks Heroes in Crisis for this clusterf*ck)
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Williamson has been writing this title for a LONG time now, and the issue I have is the SAME one I've had since about #12.
    There has been virtually NO forward momentum in regards to the characterisation of Barry Allen.
    We're 80+ issues into the current volume and he still reads like a second guessing, reactive rookie.
    I LIKED my Barry Allen as the intelligent, competent, Flash Fact spouting speedster.
    I realised the New 52 threw everything outta whack and it would take some time to get back what was lost, but for me, it is TAKING WAY TOO LONG.
    And the fact that Wally and Bart are STILL M.I.A in this book drives me nuts. (Thanks Heroes in Crisis for this clusterf*ck)
    One thing that does bother me a lot about Williamson's Barry is that he always seems to take one step forward, two steps back, across the entire run.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    No Superhero race is more iconic .

AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by jekyll View Post
    i want this!!!!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Any fans of the Bates run when Ross Andru was the editor? Where DC decided to shake the status quo up? I’ve been re-reading and loving every minute of it.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Any fans of the Bates run when Ross Andru was the editor? Where DC decided to shake the status quo up? I’ve been re-reading and loving every minute of it.
    Early 1970s? Andru was a fine editor, but I never liked the way he drew Flash...didn't look speedy at all.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I liked the Bates/Schwartz era personally.

And I'm in the minority, but I liked Alex Saviuk's take on Barry.
    He didn't portray him as 'chunky' as Andru did and was a nice compromise between Andru and Infantino interpretations.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Early 1970s? Andru was a fine editor, but I never liked the way he drew Flash...didn't look speedy at all.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Late 70’s. The lead-up to Iris’ death, and the post Iris-less Flash. With art by Irv Novick, Rich Buckler, Alex Saviuk, and Infantino’s return.

Which artist has been the standout from this volume?

Mighty Member

Just got done reading The Flash #82. I really like this version of Captain Cold. Williamson really goes big every issue it seems.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Mighty Member

It's top five for me. The "problems" that people have with this run is a bit exaggerated.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K