Page 93 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2163
    Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    John's been hanging out with Lucas Bishop, and it's all good.

And Killmonger
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Excerpt from article https://www.denofgeek.com/comics/loo...e-dc-universe/

John Stewart fans, we’ve heard you. The Future State Green Lantern book, which is oversized, so it’s going to be about 44 pages. You get right around 20, 22 pages of John Stewart in a story called “Last Lanterns.” It’s what happens when the power battery dies. Think of it like The Magnificent Seven. What happens to all these green lanterns if the power battery dies? John Stewart and his ragtag group of former Green Lanterns prove that you can still do good without the rings.

In this future where the power battery is dead, John Stewart and what remains of the Green Lantern Corps, they come to a planet and that planet is just about to be overrun by a galactic religious cult. It’s their last stand against this group. How do a group of heroes who used to have powers now face a galactic threat and attempt to save a planet? It’s so cool how they do it.

Then the other 22 pages will be filled with tales across the Corps. What happens to all the other Lanterns? What happens to Jessica Cruz? What happens to Guy Gardener? What happens to the Teen Lantern and Mogo if they’re on a mission together and the power battery goes down? We’re going to get a wide variety of tones and admissions and artwork to across these stories that feature the tale of Green Lantern Corps. I think John Stewart’s going to get a great spotlight.

So many John Stewart fans on Twitter were celebrating, so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess her being so far away from Oa means she can't use a Power Battery?
    It has nothing to do with how far or close she is to a power battery, her ring was created to specifically recharge itself, that's why she was able to go to a further sector than green lanterns are usually allowed (i.e the title of her book), therefore anything that happens to the power battery does not effect her.

I'm also glad that instead of letting her be the last Green Lantern which would have been the predictable route, they used this opportunity to spotlight John, and is seemingly having him lead and be the face of the new Green Lanterns for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    GUYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSS

This art tho, I can't wait to read this.

GUYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSS

is this Jamal Campbell's art!? Dude is definitely a rising star artist, is he the one doing the art for their book? because I'd be 1,000,000% (plus ultra) down for that kind of excellence.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 10-16-2020 at 02:49 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

With no green lantern rings working John said I ain't done https://twitter.com/GeoffThorne/stat...00613339348993

Attachment 101477
    Is the sword powered by the yellow ring energy and the blaster powered by the star sapphire energy?

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    It has nothing to do with how far or close she is to a power battery, her ring was created to specifically recharge itself, that's why she was able to go to a further sector than green lanterns are usually allowed (i.e the title of her book), therefore anything that happens to the power battery does not effect her.

I'm also glad that instead of letting her be the last Green Lantern which would have been the predictable route, they used this opportunity to spotlight John, and is seemingly having him lead and be the face of the new Green Lanterns for the future.
    Did they say why they couldn't mass produce it?

She might still be the last GL depending on when the Justice League book takes place. Or at least the last Earth GL if she ends up back there to be on the League.

GUYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSS

This image is what dreams are made of.

just saw the solicits, Jamal Campbell is just doing a variant cover I's sad but still looking forward to the book.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Wait....a creator named Geoff showing love for John Stewart.

I'm having an Bizaro-Martha moment.

That's the same exact thoughts I had yesterday lol

BANNED

John Stewart, Sword of the Morning--wicked cool.

His eyes still glow green, so I wonder if he has residual lantern energy in his system.

BANNED

You may have noticed that this image has the old guard on the left side and the new kids on the block on the right side--

What I like about it is that John is featured as a paragon like Clark, Bruce, and Diana. His future circumstances are just as worth focusing as theirs are.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 10-16-2020 at 06:06 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

John is ready to join X of Swords!

First we're getting Endless Winter then we go straight into this? I'm honestly excited.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    John and Barry in their leadership roles are handled like the smart guy and big guy figures of the five man band.

Cool to see them so prominently featured.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 10-16-2020 at 06:38 PM.

BANNED

Seeing this on YouTube immediately made me think of John.

You've got to be pretty good at math to be a high-level sniper and a successful architect.