Page 99 of 118 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1758

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I think they used Rose last season as a Terra substitute (only her relationship with Slade Wilson was daughter and not lover) and Jason was in the Beast Boy role. I just praised Young Justice, but I didn't like their Terra. '03 Terra was cool, but I think the Judas Contract movie was probably my favorite adaptation of the story.
    It was probably the most accurate retelling of the story even if they still took a cue from '03 in terms of making Terra more sympathetic (if not as sympathetic).

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Where is Lady Vic? She was introduced as Crane's backup in case Jason couldn't get the job done. Crane would be better off bringing her in than trying patch things up with Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Where is Lady Vic? She was introduced as Crane's backup in case Jason couldn't get the job done. Crane would be better off bringing her in than trying patch things up with Jason
    Any one else get a Crane may have abused Jason vibe?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Any one else get a Crane may have abused Jason vibe?
    Not really, but the situation is so strange and unstructured that I think you can legitimately read a lot of things into that relationship.

Extraordinary Member

2003 show stole the Brotherhood of Evil from the Doom Partol in it's final season.
    The WolfMan/Perez run used the Brotherhood as well.

Given they killed Beast Boy's foster mom (Elastic Girl) that plotline seems ripe for exploration in the Titans book.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Not really, but the situation is so strange and unstructured that I think you can legitimately read a lot of things into that relationship.
    I think Crane just enjoys messing with people.

Speaking thereof, what was up with him and his mom?

Incredible Member

I'm 2 seasons too late but I just saw the season 1 finale of Titans last night on TNT and wow!! That episode was a hard R!!

For me this episode is the definitive answer to why Bruce Wayne dresses up as a Bat. He does it because everyone in Gotham is freaking crazy. If this theme of 'craziness' was expanded to the rest of the DC Universe- in the cities where heroes operate then wearing costumes while fighting crime wouldn't be so bizarre. like Batman they can say they do because it's a sad reflection of a part of society, criminals and the cities that are in a state of decay and craziness.
    Last edited by abetterday; 09-21-2021 at 12:12 PM.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Damn I forgot about her already. Or maybe I was caught up in being annoyed with the whole Red Hood storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I think they used Rose last season as a Terra substitute (only her relationship with Slade Wilson was daughter and not lover) and Jason was in the Beast Boy role. I just praised Young Justice, but I didn't like their Terra. '03 Terra was cool, but I think the Judas Contract movie was probably my favorite adaptation of the story.
    Im sure they are disappointed with this and losing their opportunity to have Slade and Rose have actual on camera sexy fun time.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

I have many many thoughts on this episode. And I will get to them but first and foremost....suicidal Bruce Wayne? Cmon now....

Mighty Member

I liked this one. Hank gets a great send off. Tim was interesting, and feels like he's been humbled in his journey towards Robin. And Donna's back. Which feels just a teeny, tiny bit like a ray of hope peeking into the bleak, bitter darkness the show has been sinking into in Gotham.

Will any of it pay off? Too early to say.

As a pointless aside, for the love of all that's good and holy somebody give me a seen with Babs, Donna, Starfire and Blackfire all together. Too hot, too strong, and too much fun. My brain would melt.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I have many many thoughts on this episode. And I will get to them but first and foremost....suicidal Bruce Wayne? Cmon now....
    I don't have the slightest problem with the idea of it. This Bruce murdered the Joker in his grief over Jason. He threw away everything he'd worked for, abandoned everything he'd sworn to protect. After getting some time to come to terms with that, I totally buy that he would just want to end it all.

My problem with the way it was done here is that we didn't spend any time with Bruce on that journey. So the writers didn't have to earn any of this development, they just drop it on us and expect us to roll with it. But to get from Batman to this really needed time, and focus. I get not putting Bruce or Batman front and center on your Titans show, I agree with that choice. But then you have to be more deliberate with your arc and not put his journey on the front burner like this.

Now, I will say this. They moved Tim's arc from A Lonely Place of Dying from Bruce to Donna. Rather than calling Bruce back to his humanity in the wake of Jason's death, he is used to call Donna back to the land of the living and the hero's path. So having Donna be the one that saves Bruce works, because it means Tim is more or less responsible for Bruce being saved, even indirectly. The Tim and Donna stuff worked a lot better than the Bruce or Rachel stuff this week.

So, Donna couldn't have used her lasso to help Hank across? ... okay.

Funny that Hank ended up with nunchucks. Missed opportunity to have him use a pair of sai (although I know he didn't really enjoy his time as Raphael in that TMNT movie)

I thought that same thing. Donna could have lasso Hank across. It was great seeing Don again

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post

Now, I will say this. They moved Tim's arc from A Lonely Place of Dying from Bruce to Donna. Rather than calling Bruce back to his humanity in the wake of Jason's death, he is used to call Donna back to the land of the living and the hero's path. So having Donna be the one that saves Bruce works, because it means Tim is more or less responsible for Bruce being saved, even indirectly. The Tim and Donna stuff worked a lot better than the Bruce or Rachel stuff this week.
    Admittedly not familiar with this arc and how exactly Tim came in in the comics, so if this works for people, that's cool. Just coming at it from the context of the show didn't work for me personally.

I agree the send off for Hank was great with Don. I'm a mark for Alan Ritchson, so anything with him is good. Can't wait to see him in Jack Reacher on Amazon. My one gripe though is his rundown of what happened with Jason to Donna. He went the route of drugsplaining Jason's behavior which Not-so Beast Boy has been doing and it's just another brick laid in the road to the redemption/atonement angle we are going to get with Jason by the end of the season and I think it's just stupid how they are trying to ignore the fact his heel turn came BEFORE the drugs.

Is Rachel getting some martial arty training so she can punch and kick her way through baddies like Not-so Beast Boy to save on the VFX costs? Ugh.

I thought that same thing. Donna could have lasso Hank across. It was great seeing Don again
    Meh, thats just another of those because plot moments I guess.

Is it just me, or did those Amazons with Rachel remind anyone else of how Kryptonians have frequently been portrayed? They seemed very logical and analytical - there was a whole scene where they were adhering to some kind of formal way of addressing each other, but it came across to me as robotic. And the style of clothing said "Krypton" to me a lot more than Themyscira. (I'm sure the climate of their locale where they were filming had a lot to do with it)

I was drawn more to how shitty Rachel attitude was. She wanted to rush the process and showed little respect for amazonian culture. She was a terrible guest.