Page 203 of 233 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 3484

Thread: Batwoman (2019)

Mighty Member

I liked Mad Hatter "2.0".

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Time to give Ryan her own Rogues Gallery! Of people using Bruce's villains' gimmicks .
    How about Kate Kane's rogues gallery? They barely scratched the surface there.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    How about Kate Kane? They barely scratched the surface there.

And how is it that Ryan is now (acting) CEO of Wayne Enterprises?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I am so, so tired of Alice. I think she's overused as a villain, especially in tonight's episode and whatever other episodes she will be in this season, since her sister Kate and their father are no longer in the picture. Too bad she couldn't just rot in Arkham and never be heard from again.
    All of this. I really thought and hoped we would be free of the Kanes this season but here we are. Tho I will say I am interested if they explore Alice in that she doesn't have her sister, father, boytoy, so she has no one, she is completely lost and untethered. The easy thing is to lean into her bad instincts, which she seems to, but a few times in the episode you could almost see that it is not exactly what she wants. So I am curious as to where that can go.

Will be interested in how Robin Givens character will effect things. Will she just be a dirty CEO or will she had any sort of big bad implications. Clearly that's Ryan's mother. I'm wondering why she abandoned her and covered up the pregnancy/birth. Is it just that that would have complicated her rise to the top of the corporate world?

Really hoping this message from Luscious is just a one off message wishing him well, maybe saying something about the suit. What I do not want or hope or need is any kind of interactive Jarvis knock off A.I. that Luscious downloaded his consciousness or whatever into. PLEASE for the love of God let that not be a thing.

Also on stuff I do not want to be a thing...Sophie and Ryan....I have a feeling it will be at some point and I really really do not want that.

Would love for them to think of some unique rouges for Ryan to have and not just Bat Villain Proxies, but we shall see how that goes in the long run.

Decent start to the season that has me curious enough to see where some of the story is going.

Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    How about Kate Kane? They barely scratched the surface there.

And how is it that Ryan is now (acting) CEO of Wayne Enterprises?
    I haven't seen the episode yet, so consider my jaw dropped.��*��

I'd like them to create some original rogues for Ryan and not just use Bruce's or Kate's. Perhaps Jada and Marquis Jet are a step in that direction.

I haven't seen the episode yet, so consider my jaw dropped.��*��
    It's mentioned in the preview for the next episode.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

I have seen the episode and wonder how Renee Montoya had the pull to get Alice sprung. I would’ve liked to see Ryan take on hatter jr instead of Alice.

So what's so special about the Batwing suit other than it can fly like Iron Man? Does it boost Luke's strength and combat proficiency?

I forgot Jacob is still in prison. Like, jeez. I guess he's technically guilty of aiding and abetting Alice but he's only in there because of Black Mask. But I guess we just stop caring about that because he's not on the show anymore.

Alice makes it really hard to consistently empathize with her. Is it any wonder Ryan still hates her guts? I feel like part of it is because Kate bailed on her again after everything Alice went through to save her and now she's just living on scraps while feeling dead inside and not into anything.

Well, its nice to know Sophie has a very active love life now.

So Renee has basically been predicting we'd see the villains all come back to Gotham and her fears are starting to be realized, and she was in City Hall's Rogues unit that has basically been collecting dust with nothing to do up until now. Is she Ryan's new Commissioner Gordon?

Mad Hatter 2.0 felt like discount Jervis Tetch, but I guess they worked the Alice obsession in an organic way. His hat being able to mind control people felt like a mix of comic Hatter and Gotham Hatter. Although weirdly enough he doesn't share a single scene with Batwoman in the whole episode.

So...that guy who was forced to kill his friends will probably get off on extenuating circumstances, right...?

It seems like we're about to learn about Ryan's mom, but I wonder how central her dad's identity is to all this. Like she seemed even more interested in learning who her dad was, which I guess makes sense when she's had two moms but never a dad. Not even a father figure.

I'm glad Mary is finally a legal doctor and not running the risk of getting arrested, at least for an illegal clinic.

How many times is Batwoman going to beat up Arkham staff just doing their job?

If that lady is really Ryan's mom...well, I'm curious how Ryan will react considering she seems like this high-standard, always on the go/busy, CEO type, and I'm not sure that will gel well with Ryan.

I also hope that was just a leftover message from Lucius and not a Lucius AI in the Batwing suit to further the Iron Man comparisons.

I guess that's a sensible way of foisting Alice on Ryan and company by making Montoya be the one to force it, and Alice is the one who tells her that Batwoman is Ryan so Ryan can't refuse. Ryan screws over Alice, Alice screws over Ryan right back.

I have to wonder how the heck Ryan got booted up to acting CEO of Wayne Enterprises. I don't even think Kate was since it's not like her real estate company (Ha! That was a thing) was connected to Wayne Enterprises from what I remember.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

EW gives us a look see at the new Killer Croc.

batwomanCroc.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So what's so special about the Batwing suit other than it can fly like Iron Man? Does it boost Luke's strength and combat proficiency?

I forgot Jacob is still in prison. Like, jeez. I guess he's technically guilty of aiding and abetting Alice but he's only in there because of Black Mask. But I guess we just stop caring about that because he's not on the show anymore.

Alice makes it really hard to consistently empathize with her. Is it any wonder Ryan still hates her guts? I feel like part of it is because Kate bailed on her again after everything Alice went through to save her and now she's just living on scraps while feeling dead inside and not into anything.

Well, its nice to know Sophie has a very active love life now.

So Renee has basically been predicting we'd see the villains all come back to Gotham and her fears are starting to be realized, and she was in City Hall's Rogues unit that has basically been collecting dust with nothing to do up until now. Is she Ryan's new Commissioner Gordon?

Mad Hatter 2.0 felt like discount Jervis Tetch, but I guess they worked the Alice obsession in an organic way. His hat being able to mind control people felt like a mix of comic Hatter and Gotham Hatter. Although weirdly enough he doesn't share a single scene with Batwoman in the whole episode.

So...that guy who was forced to kill his friends will probably get off on extenuating circumstances, right...?

It seems like we're about to learn about Ryan's mom, but I wonder how central her dad's identity is to all this. Like she seemed even more interested in learning who her dad was, which I guess makes sense when she's had two moms but never a dad. Not even a father figure.

I'm glad Mary is finally a legal doctor and not running the risk of getting arrested, at least for an illegal clinic.

How many times is Batwoman going to beat up Arkham staff just doing their job?

If that lady is really Ryan's mom...well, I'm curious how Ryan will react considering she seems like this high-standard, always on the go/busy, CEO type, and I'm not sure that will gel well with Ryan.

I also hope that was just a leftover message from Lucius and not a Lucius AI in the Batwing suit to further the Iron Man comparisons.

I guess that's a sensible way of foisting Alice on Ryan and company by making Montoya be the one to force it, and Alice is the one who tells her that Batwoman is Ryan so Ryan can't refuse. Ryan screws over Alice, Alice screws over Ryan right back.

I have to wonder how the heck Ryan got booted up to acting CEO of Wayne Enterprises. I don't even think Kate was since it's not like her real estate company (Ha! That was a thing) was connected to Wayne Enterprises from what I remember.
    Yeah, how does one go from barista to company ceo overnight? Has Ryan even gone to college?

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post

batwomanCroc.jpg
    Hey, I'll say something positive! I like the design.

Yeah, how does one go from barista to company ceo overnight? Has Ryan even gone to college?
    She was taking online courses in her van down by the river.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

She was taking online courses in her van down by the river.
    You better put some respeckt on the names of DeVry and the University of Phoenix.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post

batwomanCroc.jpg
    Not a bad live-action design for Croc .

Sooo, we're gonna have more Alice. Greeeeat 'sigh'

It's funny how this show seems so grounded now compared to the "other Gotham show" Titans I've been watching these past couple months. Maybe it's because we're done with introducing Ryan or that the storyline is fairly straight-forward, but I think this might be a sleeker show this season without the Kate baggage. I like Montoya (never would have realized she was from "Gotham" if the websites hadn't mentioned it months ago - it made it more fun to hear her refer to "Jim Gordon's Gotham.") and while I've not always agreed with their handling of Alice, I've always liked her.

I feel they missed an opportunity to update or reinvent the Mad Hatter - even if it was just one episode.(Flash has had a decent track record of updating old rogues, imo) The guy was an Alice fan, but did he have to have the typical Mad hatter voice and wardrobe? Also, I guess we can buy that someone would pick up a gross hat found by the edge of the river .... and once bringing it home, never try it on, or look at the inside to see the circuitry and stuff? Okay... Did anyone else get a Purple Man feel for how he was presented more than typical Mad Hatter?