Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Love it. After Empath getting killed I wonder how long it will take to bring him back. Think he will get pushed back in the line for quite some time^^

And Madelyne is great in this. Can't wait for next issue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit could work here great but won`t happen. Marvel tries us to forget that he was a part of Mutant Massacre.
    Grey Crow and Gambit used to be good friends and worked as cooks at a restaurant together.

Greycrow and Nanny were great in that issue. I still can't believe I cheered a filthy Marauder.
    Too bad everything gets boring when the story falls into another Summers Family drama.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I hope the Morlocks protest any Maurauders being resurrected or kill any that are resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I hope the Morlocks protest any Maurauders being resurrected or kill any that are resurrected.
    I’m sure they were protesting Sinister being on the council, but here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    yeah but i want to see it happen

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Love it. After Empath getting killed I wonder how long it will take to bring him back. Think he will get pushed back in the line for quite some time^^

Roulette should take his place.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, considering that a number of Morlocks went to Arizona and stayed the hell away from Krakoa kinda suggests that they don't want to live even in a mutant paradise, if Sinister is also there.

Astonishing Member

Indeed. Such protest would likely be ignored and argued away for the "greater good" of strengthing Krakoa's numbers and because everybody who died in the Mutant Massacre is planned to be "brought back" anyway, so it could end up being considered "unimportant" in the long run, traumas be damned.

Killing mutants is not a crime by Krakoan law after all. Which will likely be Shaw's excuse once he is found out in a "I didn't knew she couldn't be brought back. I just wanted to to get rid of her for a few hours. That's just business. I didn't break any laws!" Or something like that.

Though the thing about the Krakoan laws is how undefined they are. The law "Kill No Man" for example could easily be expanded to mutants too, since technicaly mutants are humans, hence why Sentinels have a high chance to turn against normal human.
    It all seems like an Animal Farm situation bound to happen.

As for bringing the Marauders back.
    At this point it wouldn't even be farfetched to imagine them creating an empty clone of Polaris and giving the body to Malice. The same way Proteus is gifted clone bodies of Xavier to make use of his powers.

Will it happen? Likely not. But considering all this setup it doesn't seem so impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, considering that a number of Morlocks went to Arizona and stayed the hell away from Krakoa kinda suggests that they don't want to live even in a mutant paradise, if Sinister is also there.
    They accept the bags full of Auntie Emma bills, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Wouldn't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Show they ain't dumb.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    At this point it wouldn't even be farfetched to imagine them creating an empty clone of Polaris and giving the body to Malice. The same way Proteus is gifted clone bodies of Xavier to make use of his powers.
    A) I can't picture Lorna being thrilled with that idea. But I'm sure there's somebody who wouldn't care (particularly if they then had someone like Masque alter it further to look nothing like a pre-existing mutant, who might not want to get a reputation for all the crap Malice gets up to wearing her face...).

B) Why clones of Xavier's body? They *should* give him a body that regenerates (Wolverine, Sabertooth, X-23, Greycrow, Deadpool, ad infinitum), or, if they don't mind replacing them all the time (which they'd have to do with a Xavier-clone-body, since he'd burn it out constantly just using his reality-manipulation power), give him *his own cloned body* (which he never really got to grow up in, as he burned it out in his first appearance, IIRC).

I definitely want to see more of Proteus, in this new society. Freed of being locked in a cage by his mother 24/7, and having to murder people just to survive, what sort of person is he growing to be? He was, IIRC, a *teenager* at the time we first met him (even if he was in the body of his own father, a man in his forties), and he grew up in a locked room in a lab, bereft of human connection, or pretty much anything like a normal childhood. And yet, here on Krakoa, he seems to be almost a celebrity, and is sharing a house with four other young people. I'm super-curious to see what sort of person 'Kevin' has become, in this life. Is he friends with Elixir, Goldballs, Hope and / or Tempus? Is he shunned? Have his memories of 'the bad times' been gently (or not-so-gently...) edited, or is he a festering ball of repressed trauma who is only spared from a psychotic hatred of his mother (for imprisoning him and treating him like an embarrassment, or a lab rat, all those years) by the belief that she's dead?

There's just so much stuff we haven't really explored about Krakoa, I'm kinda hoping it lasts at least another year or so, and doesn't just 'go away' like the Age of Apocalypse.

I just never imagined I'd be intrigued by the inner lives of characters like Proteus or Black Tom or friggin' Scalphunter!

(Still not sold on Nanny, 'though. Ugh.)

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I actually think it would be interesting to see if having a stable body of her own would affect her personality the same way it does Proteus. Obviously they wouldn't choose Lorna as a donor body.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The Morlocks have always been separatists though, I don't know for sure it has anything to do with Sinister. They have no need for Krakoan culture because they have always had a culture of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit could work here great but won`t happen. Marvel tries us to forget that he was a part of Mutant Massacre.
    Not having Gambit, Marrow, or Callisto seems like a wasted opportunity.

Idk I thought this was pulpy fun but was a little underwhelmed by this issue. I wish I was a little more intrigued with where this was going. And I love a good gag but I found Nanny annoying :/