Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

What's the problem, again? Lobo is probably the best character for Bay: no real depth or complexity. He's just a big, dumb, space biker who blows crap up and kills or captures people for profit. Perfect for a guy like Bay.

Lobo has exactly two personality traits that give him any "complexity." 1.) His inexplicable (as in it's literally never explained) love of dolphins. 2.) His "my word is my bond/no contract no kill" code of honor. Well within Bay's capabilities. Meanwhile? High action and lots of explosions are also on the menu, and Bay excels at that.

Bottom line? This is about as good a match for Bay's abilities as we could hope for and whether people like to admit it or not, the guy sells movie tickets. People don't have any illusions about what they're in for when they go to see his movies. Somehow, he manages to be "Rotten Tomatoes proof." This is pretty much a guaranteed win for WB if it happens.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    What's the problem, again? Lobo is probably the best character for Bay: no real depth or complexity. He's just a big, dumb, space biker who blows crap up and kills or captures people for profit. Perfect for a guy like Bay.
    Lobo is a comedy character. Bay doesn't do funny.

BANNED

Lobo has better runs and more smarter written comics than a lot of DC characters. He's a satire character, it takes skill much like Deadpool. Bay will make him a parody of what Lobo was supposed to parody.

Fantastic Member

If these rumors are true. Michael bay as finally gotten his hands directing a dc character. If memories serve me right, I remember a rumour after the success of the dark knight. dc wanted Michael bay on man of steel but he wanted to remain on transformers films. So they got Zach Snyder instead. I don't know if this rumour reached the media by it was within the film industry. Sometimes, I wonder if it was Michael bay at the start of the dceu, if the outcome would have been better or much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Bay does do funny. It’s just that whenever he does do funny it tends to be **** that would make a twelve year old giggle. A good example would be the robot testicles from Transformers 2.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    A good script with good humor can mitigate that, no problem.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Lmao. In all seriousness I think the logical thing to do is trust wait until Wonder Woman’s trilogy is finished and then Warner Bros should wait a while. Once enough time has passed, do a hard reboot. And that’s assuming that the Flashpoint movie isn’t gonna DOFP this whole universe.
    And Ford should have stopped making cars for a few years after the Edsel flopped. Instead they came out with the Mustang. The superhero movies are huge for Warner Bros. They are going to keep making them whether
    a select group of the fandom and the critics like them or not. They will just make different superhero movies that don't have the stink of Zack Snyder on them.

I wish the poll allowed ranking,

Vulnerable/Emotional is probably at the top, but its so closely followed by martial arts/gymnastic skills.

I'm hearing WB wants this Lobo film to be its answer to Deadpool. Not sure I see that panning out.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    I'm hearing WB wants this Lobo film to be its answer to Deadpool. Not sure I see that panning out.
    Not with Bay running the show, no.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Part of the Bonus Superman scene on the Justice League BR has leaked. Watch it while you can!

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

Part of the Bonus Superman scene on the Justice League BR has leaked. Watch it while you can!
    As much as I enjoyed the theatrical cut, DAMN do I want that black suit integrated into the film. It's gorgeous.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Why do they spend so much time/money shooting all these scenes if they'll just be cut from the final version? Do they not care about plot building or do they 2nd guess themselves to death?

Fantastic Member

Marvel build its Universe by establishing the superheroes first. It seems DC is now moving in the direction of establishing it's villains. I like it. It seems like within a few years there will be a solid InJustice Society and with that perhaps another Justice League movie. One actually worth watching because of villains will be something people will be interested in. I honestly think this is the way to move forward. Bring on Lobo bring on the Joker bring on Black Adam. Bring on Deathstroke