Page 470 of 750 FirstFirst ... 370420460466467468469470471472473474480520570 ... LastLast
Results 7,036 to 7,050 of 11243

Fine. You're right. Nate Parker was a bad choice.

I got a better one though: Edi Mūe Gathegi.

Edi-Gathegi-880x587-e1539915209213.jpg

A Kenyan-American actor. 41 years old. No allegations. You might know him as Darwin from X-Men: First Class.

I wonder if Coogler will stick with the plans he'd already made for BP2 or will they change with Chadwick's death. I'd be curious to see what he had in mind.

Also, he took a lot of input from Chadwick in developing BP will he keep that in mind as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I wonder if Coogler will stick with the plans he'd already made for BP2 or will they change with Chadwick's death. I'd be curious to see what he had in mind.

Also, he took a lot of input from Chadwick in developing BP will he keep that in mind as well.
    probably pretty simple. If they recast, script stays the same. If they don't, you gotta throw the whole thing away
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Oh I agree synergy is a real thing and IF Shuri becomes Black Panther in the movies (IF being the operative word), I am 100% sure we will see that happen in other media.

But I don't think we have to worry about is T'Challa vanishing off the face of the earth. When she became Black Panther last time, we STILL have T'Challa running around in a panther suit in his own book. Her being Black Panther didn't in any way hinder him from basically being black Panther too (even if the title was officially hers). There was a period of time when both Sam and Steve were Captain America, and right now both Peter and Miles are Spider-Man. Even though Odinson stopped calling himself Thor when Jane was wielding the hammer, as far as I'm concerned he was still Thor (why he lost his name I've never know).

The moral of the story being you can have your cake and eat it too. Regardless of what Coogler ends up doing, I think Disney and marvel will continue to use and push both characters.
    Oh, T'Challa will certainly stick around *somewhere* if Shuri becomes the BP in the films and Marvel follows its usual synergy habits. But Shuri taking over in the comics last time is a very different thing from Shuri becoming the face of a billion-dollar larger media film property, and Marvel is far more likely to push her more than they did last time around.

I agree that T'Challa wouldn't vanish from the face of the earth, that's an over reaction and I'm not saying he would, but if Shuri becomes the new Panther in the films, T'Challa is far less likely to show up elsewhere than when Shuri was the new Panther in the comics.

I trust Coogler and Fiege, they'll tell the best story they can and do what they think is best for the franchise, and whatever choice they make BP2 will certainly be a solid film with some tear-inducing tribute to Chadwick. And T'Challa won't disappear completely, even if Shuri does become the new Panther. But I won't lie; the idea of Shuri replacing T'Challa right now holds very little appeal to me.

Recasting just seems the better choice right now. Whatever plans Marvel had for BP, they went beyond just the solo franchise and included future Avengers films, the FF, whatever. Writing T'Challa out, when he was supposed to be a new pillar of the MCU, means changing everything. And a recast isn't the end of the world; everyone was upset about Ed Norton being replaced by Ruffalo as the Hulk and questioned whether Ruffalo could equal the highly talented Norton, but today we can't imagine anyone else playing the part. And yeah, Norton was only in one film, but still. Nobody can replace Chadwick but that doesn't mean nobody else can play T'Challa.
    Last edited by Ascended; 09-15-2020 at 08:26 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    If RDJ was black and someone said he should replace Chadwick in the BP franchise, id say hell no too.
    Whoever is recast as T'Challa needs to be damn near perfect. No allegations, no controversial remarks, no history of stupidity on or off set. Disney knows that it's important to bring someone into the role that has at least comparable grace to Boseman as a man and as a performer.

probably pretty simple. If they recast, script stays the same. If they don't, you gotta throw the whole thing away
    That's why I'd rather see them recast the role. I just don't want to see them throw away what they started with Chadwick.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Whoever is recast as T'Challa needs to be damn near perfect. No allegations, no controversial remarks, no history of stupidity on or offset. Disney knows that it's important to bring someone into the role that has at least comparable grace to Boseman as a man and as a performer.
    And people forget... Disney didn't cast RDJ anyway. That was before Disney bought it.

Disney isn't gonna cast someone controversial for any role.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Letitia does seem very sincere and sweet natured and I understand and enjoyed her Shuri in the film. I've only seen her in Black Mirror and that Donald Glover film and wonder if she has the acting chops to carry a franchise. She has charisma, but that only goes so far. And again, I don't want T'Challa becoming a footnote in what was supposed to be his story. We all talk about the gymnastics and Lundy's needed by some posters to make their points. Imagine having to start from scratch for a Shuri script. I do understand Coogler writing with the idea that Chadwick was to continue playing the character, but for the film itself and the whole continuity of the MCU it makes more sense recasting. Not mention all the merch and meta stuff already discussed.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Astonishing Member

Purely anecdotally, no. Especially not captain marvel. I don't even remember any of her toys in the boy aisles. I remember a few lego sets but they were so generic I don't even think my kids noticed them. I remember zero captain marvel tshirts in the boys sections (I live 3 mins from target and 5 from walmart, I am at those two places way too often lol)

I also know they phased out fast. It got pushed out for End Game stuff really quickly. Meanwhile BP stuff was still sitting next to end game stuff.

BP2 could do "fine" with toys but without a dominant male character, you won't have boys buying ****. you won't have dudes/boys wearing girl tshirts. Wtihout T'challa, the MCU mythos only has M'baku left on the boy side. He isn't going to move merch without a substantial power up and some sort of a real "costume" and substantial increase in his role.

What made BP such a merch powerhouse was the fact it hit all aisles. boys had plenty of boy **** (and tons of it). AND girls had okoye and shuri stuff (lesser extent nakia)
    Well we gonna need a little more than anecdotes to determine if Shuri can match T'Challa in merchandising lol. But like you, I didn't see Carol or Diana doing as well as Black Panther in toy sales. Though XPax is right, if T'Challa is brought back only to die then technically Marvel can still use him to bolster toy sales for BP2. From what I've heard Disney has been doing that for their sequel trilogy, adding toys for the OGs like Luke and Leia because Finn and Rey haven't been selling too hot. BP3 and potentially 4 may be another story though.

Well we gonna need a little more than anecdotes to determine if Shuri can match T'Challa in merchandising lol. But like you, I didn't see Carol or Diana doing as well as Black Panther in toy sales. Though XPax is right, if T'Challa is brought back only to die then technically Marvel can still use him to bolster toy sales for BP2. From what I've heard Disney has been doing that for their sequel trilogy, adding toys for the OGs like Luke and Leia because Finn and Rey haven't been selling too hot. BP3 and potentially 4 may be another story though.
    I honestly cant see Disney going, "we can't recast BP, it is insensitive" and turn around and going, "buy this dead guys toy!"

I mean, the shuri thing is common sense. You are cutting males out of the merch. We can pretend everything is "boys can play with dolls too!" type **** but... they dont lol.

Also can't wait fo rhte next level 1 reader for black panther!

"Tchaka was killed. T'challa is now the Black Panhter"

"Oh no, T'challa is killed. Shuri is now the Black Panther!"

exciting **** haha

This guy would be my first choice.

Marvel better snatch him up quick.

Last edited by Dboi654; 09-15-2020 at 08:49 AM.

Astonishing Member

I honestly cant see Disney going, "we can't recast BP, it is insensitive" and turn around and going, "buy this dead guys toy!"

I mean, the shuri thing is common sense. You are cutting males out of the merch. We can pretend everything is "boys can play with dolls too!" type **** but... they dont lol.

Also can't wait fo rhte next level 1 reader for black panther!

"Tchaka was killed. T'challa is now the Black Panhter"

"Oh no, T'challa is killed. Shuri is now the Black Panther!"

exciting **** haha
    Well Disney is a company and while I'm sure the creatives loved Boseman, TPTB may still have no issue profiting off his death. They get a black female led superhero film, make a profit off that, then use her more popular older brother to pad out sales in merchandise. How many people are honestly gonna complain about getting T'Challa toys?

And that's under the assumption T'Challa is needed to sell merch to begin with. I don't know the sales or anything but it's entirely possible a female led series will sell about as many toys as a male one. Outside the anecdotal evidence, I doubt Marvel would be positioning Carol and other female characters as strongly as they are if they didn't have success across multiple revenue streams.

Pretty much what it comes down to. I believe it was said that Chadwick was going to start training this month to get ready for filming in March. So either the script is done or was close to finishing.

Well Disney is a company and while I'm sure the creatives loved Boseman, TPTB may still have no issue profiting off his death. They get a black female led superhero film, make a profit off that, then use her more popular older brother to pad out sales in merchandise. How many people are honestly gonna complain about getting T'Challa toys?

And that's under the assumption T'Challa is needed to sell merch to begin with. I don't know the sales or anything but it's entirely possible a female led series will sell about as many toys as a male one. Outside the anecdotal evidence, I doubt Marvel would be positioning Carol and other female characters as strongly as they are if they didn't have success across multiple revenue streams.
    Marvel may still make BP merch but they aren't going to make figures based on the likeness of Boseman. Notice how many figures come with the dual heads? One masked and the other showing the face?

Can't do that without having an actor to base that on. Also, Marvel wants a face for the cons and shows as well. They need a face promoting not just movies but merch as well. Why wouldn't they want to make profit from the sale of T'Challa and Shuri swag?

if you just do Shuri as BP you cut those sales in half.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    This guy would be my first choice.

Marvel better snatch him up quick.

Y'lan Noel great choice, I'd like to see him aswell or Kofi Siriboe or Trevante Rhodes too.