Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default DC Acknowledge Anniversary Issues With "Legacy" Variants by Tony S. Daniel

DC will be commerating the milestone issues of Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Batman with special "Legacy" variants by Tony S. Daniel

Superman#34=Issue 800
    Wonder Woman #34 =Issue 700
    Batman #35=Issue 800

https://www.newsarama.com/36715-batm...-variants.html

I was wondering if DC was going to acknowledge their upcoming major milestones. Cool .

"Legacy" variants and milestone renumbering. DC and Marvel keep cribbing from each other .

Are there any other upcoming milestones we should be thinking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Should've seen this coming .

Fantastic Member

I was wondering if DC was going to acknowledge their upcoming major milestones. Cool .

"Legacy" variants and milestone renumbering. DC and Marvel keep cribbing from each other .

Green Lantern is close to 600, but which Green Lantern book counts? Issue 38 of whichever current series does would be the milestone, but that's not counting the first Emerald Dawn mini or GL Rebirth (which were the only GL titles at the time they were published). But since Flash seems to only count the main volumes, GL probably would too.

Depending on how they count Aquaman, that either just passed 300 or is about to hit it with issue 31.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    DC will be commerating the milestone issues of Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Batman with special "Legacy" variants by Tony S. Daniel

Superman#34=Issue 800
    Wonder Woman #34 =Issue 700
    Batman #35=Issue 800

https://www.newsarama.com/36715-batm...-variants.html
    I think they should've gotten someone else to do the legacy variants. Tony S Daniel's art was cool back in the early 2000's, (In a trashy sort of way) when he was working on Battle for The Cowl and Batman RIP, but nowadays, especially since Rebirth began, his art is a little mediocre and cookie cutter in my opinion.

I'm still waiting for Vixen to hit Issue #1!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Should've seen this coming .
    Well, don't forget we're supposedly going to hear something about Milestone's upcoming plans at New York Comic Con.

https://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en/S...nch-of-Earth-M

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    Green Lantern is close to 600, but which Green Lantern book counts? Issue 38 of whichever current series does would be the milestone, but that's not counting the first Emerald Dawn mini or GL Rebirth (which were the only GL titles at the time they were published). But since Flash seems to only count the main volumes, GL probably would too.

Depending on how they count Aquaman, that either just passed 300 or is about to hit it with issue 31.
    I don't think either GL book counts toward the legacy numbering. Both HJ&GLC and GL's count as their own volumes respectively.

I think Aquaman and Green Arrow already hit that 300 milestone. Speaking of legacy, Batgirl and Blue Beetle are are closing in on that 200 milestone
    Last edited by El_Gato; 10-04-2017 at 07:15 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

This is very interesting. I am surprised they're honoring it but not renumbering. I guess Action and Tec are enough renumbering? (Also, we deserve a Sensation title )
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I don't think either GL book counts toward the legacy numbering. Both HJ&GLC and GL's count as their own volumes respectively.

I think Aquaman and Green Arrow already hit that 300 milestone. Speaking of legacy, Batgirl and Blue Beetle are are closing in on that 200 milestone
    Green Arrow did, about issue 17 of this series.

Aquaman, it depends on whether DC would count the Time and Tide miniseries and/or three specials. If they do, then 300 is past. If it's just the series identified as a volume, then Aquaman's at 297, including the Sword of Atlantis issues. If those don't count for some reason, then the count is 279 and issue 49 of this series is 300.

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    Green Arrow did, about issue 17 of this series.

Aquaman, it depends on whether DC would count the Time and Tide miniseries and/or three specials. If they do, then 300 is past. If it's just the series identified as a volume, then Aquaman's at 297, including the Sword of Atlantis issues. If those don't count for some reason, then the count is 279 and issue 49 of this series is 300.
    Batgirl...hmmm...I don't know how I feel about counting Cass and Steph's runs as part of Babs's run (especially given my negative feelings towards Babs's run). You might make an argument that Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman have all had their places filled by other characters than Bruce, Clark, and Diana in their eponymous's titles, but I don't think it's quite the same as the Batgirl situation.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Batgirl...hmmm...I don't know how I feel about counting Cass and Steph's runs as part of Babs's run (especially given my negative feelings towards Babs's run). You might make an argument that Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman have all had their places filled by other characters than Bruce, Clark, and Diana in their eponymous's titles, but I don't think it's quite the same as the Batgirl situation.
    Well, Wally West's run counts for the Flash, plus Kyle and John's tenures count for Green Lantern. I believe Connor Hawke's tenure also counts for Green Arrow.

So the same applies for Batgirl (and any other legacy characters). Cass's run as Batgirl is considered vol 1 & 2 while Steph's is considered vol 3. Vol 4 & 5 are Barbara's run. They all add up to 175 issues (up to December 2017).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Well, Wally West's run counts for the Flash, plus Kyle and John's tenures count for Green Lantern. I believe Connor Hawke's tenure also counts for Green Arrow.

So the same applies for Batgirl (and any other legacy characters). Cass's run as Batgirl is considered vol 1 & 2 while Steph's is considered vol 3. Vol 4 & 5 are Barbara's run. They all add up to 175 issues (up to December 2017).
    I still resent it. But are you counting Convergence and Future's End?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I don't understand the warped fixation publishers have with renumbering their titles.
    I get that a #1 will always sell higher, but take a look at Marvel. I wouldn't have a damn clue what order to read an Avengers title even if I wanted to.
    Embrace your history publishers!! A title good enough to reach a milestone figure should be celebrated, not dumped for a quick buck.
    It was one of my pet peeves about the 52 relaunch too. (Not so much COIE though. I don't know why.)
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.