Page 578 of 827 FirstFirst ... 78478528568574575576577578579580581582588628678 ... LastLast
Results 8,656 to 8,670 of 12392
    Retired

I don't believe that this sleazeball version of Ralph is faithful to either the classic Plastic Man or Elongated Man. But it is the way modern writers tend to use Plas.

I can see why THE FLASH needs this kind of comic relief, right now. They don't have H.R. to kick around anymore. There is a kind of dry humour between Harry and Cisco; Grant Gustin can always do some really funny bits when the script allows it; but they need the reliable Pliable Policeman for the broad comedy. I get that.

I do hope that Sue Dearbon will come along and straighten Ralph out--get him to give up his hound dog ways. But I doubt that she'll appear this season. Maybe in season 5, if Elongated Man stays around that long.

Is it too out there to wish for a Snake Eye and Ralph eyeball fight?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Would Cisco and Harry's search for DeVoe's have found something like that? I mean, a good way to narrow it down would be to look for unusual people with the name "DeVoe" and a kid that aged super fast and needs an age suppressor should make a ping on their radar, assuming it's public info.
    Hard to say. One would think even if there were 1000's of DeVoe's in the US (which already seems a bit unlikely). Looking it up it seems there's give or take a little over 6,000 DeVoe's in the USA. Well, on our Earth. Seems like it'd be fairly straight forward to prune the name out based on age and skills that would fit this DeVoe. Thus why I stopped to think it's usually the easily overlooked. Someone who might've had some kind of degenerative affliction possibly because of the Particle Accelerator is an interesting though. Have it be a baby or otherwise young kid at the time? One gifted with mental abilityfar above the norm? Easy to not locate accurately. But I'm guessing I'm overthinking anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    So what I got from this episode is that The Flash is a superfluous character on "The Flash". Why does the show even need The Flash when Iris is perfectly capable
    of taking charge and figuring out how to deal with Meta-Humans. Was Barry ever even in costume in this episode? Basically in every episode Barry has to be told
    what to do, he is never capable of figuring out how to do things on his own. So just eliminate the middle man and let Iris deal with the villains directly. After all she
    did say we are The Flash.
    Exactly. Is kind of sad and I still watch the show because I hope they will turn it down a bit but maybe I should stop hoping for it. We don't really need the Flash, the barrista slash reporter (did she quit the job because I don't see her reporting anything this season?) can do everything she wants and she always succeeds. She knows best how to run the team, she has all the right answers all the time, she can just enter a room where 2 metas are about to fight and just tell Frost "come on, we are leaving" and they storm off.
    When she said she want to help Caitlin with her wounds I nearly lost it and I thought if Iris is now starting to sow I am out. There are limits, even for me... Luckily Caitlin said she is already done and Iris would just have to pull.
    And in the end? The worst part of all is that Iris is again in charge of the 3. Should not maybe the woman with experience in these kind of things be the boss? The woman working as a cop, you know?
    But nooo, of course it is Iris again who takes charge and decides every move. And then who does the monologue to keep Killer Frost from killing her? Iris... Who has a chain-cutter in her hands within 2 seconds to cut the poor guy lose? iris... Oh boy, Iris to the rescue in every single moment and for every single threat there was, is and ever will be.

I get that they wanted to do a #Feminism!!! episode but come on... Why not use Gypsy, Jessy Quick and Killer Frost? Why use Iris and Felicity?
    When the guys were on screen I had a blast, it was funny and entertaining. As soon as the girls were on screen it was cringy (exept Katie Sackoff, I just like her as an actress), boring and tedious. But apparently the showmakers and most fans are ok with super-uber Iris so the show will continue to be letdown.
    Last edited by Guardian; 11-10-2017 at 02:37 AM.
    Ramin Djawadi, the new God composer... Original Score for Warcraft is absolutely amazing and his score for Season 6 of Game of Thrones is beyond epic... THE WINDS OF WINTER

DeVoe has been an extremely underwhelming villain so far.

I really hope we get some nuance beyond the cliche uber-strategist sitting in his chair.

Retired

While Iris does get on my nerves sometimes and she's been given too many skills this season, I think this is the last episode to complain about, given it was supposed to be her hen night. How you could have a story about Iris on a girls night out, without Iris being centre-stage, I don't know.

It's one thing to object to shoe-horning Iris into scenes where she doesn't belong. But the whole premise of the story rested on her shoulders. The idea was to take the guys out of the action and focus on the show's female regulars. Unfortunately the female series regulars are only three--if you count Cecile, although she's more of a recurring than a regular. Jesse Quick hasn't appeared this season (not counting her video cameo), Gypsy has already been in a couple of episodes but she can't be expected in every episode (and her powers probably would have upstaged Killer Frost and Iris). As it was, they had to reach over to ARROW to get Felicity in on the action.

Other than somehow bringing back Linda Park, this is all the women close enough to Iris that could be in the episode. And they made a point of it in the story that Iris and Caitlin haven't been close lately. Although, I'd remind people that they were close in the first season, when Caitlin was going through some heavy emotions over Ronnie. And they've had each other's back in several stories since.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

We haven't heard from Linda since she was attacked by her Earth-2 counterpart. I'm curious to know if Earth 1 Linda became Dr. Light post-Flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    We haven't heard from Linda since she was attacked by her Earth-2 counterpart. I'm curious to know if Earth 1 Linda became Dr. Light post-Flashpoint.
    Her Earth-2 double is still running around too, presumably.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Her Earth-2 double is still running around too, presumably.
    Didn't she get killed? Wasn't that why they had earth 1 Linda pretend to be the powered version of Linda
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Didn't she get killed? Wasn't that why they had earth 1 Linda pretend to be the powered version of Linda
    No, she broke out of the Pipeline and escaped into the wind.

Naked, I might add (since she left her costume behind which is what the team used with Linda) .

Retired

I've been thinking about why the accelerator explosion gave Caitlin this Jekyll and Hyde disorder when other metahumans aren't split like that. And I thought about Firestorm--he also had some psychological issues after the explosion. It wasn't until he got that chest harness that he was able to control his demons. And there's a nice parallel there between Killer Frost and Firestorm, both two in one characters.

And maybe it's because they were so close to the centre of the explosion that they suffered such trauma. But then I think about Cisco--he was also near the centre of the explosion and he doesn't have a split identity problem--or does he? Vibe hasn't always been in control of his powers. And we see that, in alternate realities, Cisco can go down a dark path.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I think you and 90'sCartoonMan are overthinking this. Its just meant to be an Easter Egg for those things.

As Mystery Science Theater 3000 says; "If you're wondering how he eats and breathes, and other science facts, (lalala) "Repeat to yourself, "its just a show, I should really just relax!""
    Overthinking things is half the fun! Besides, thanks to LoT we know there are at least two men in history that look exactly like Victor Garber.

At this point a "Girls Night Out" story is a genre staple (assuming you have enough women on the show to constitute a girls night out).
    This is true. They just need more original episode names.

When Joe learned about Wally he made every effort to get close to him and take care of him, right down to pushing Wally to go to college. Granted, everybody dropped the ball with Wally this season.
    I'm not saying Joe wasn't, ultimately, a bad father to Wally. I'm just saying he can't call that a complete success considering the woman he was married to gave birth to their child and didn't even change his name and Joe never found out. It's like in that episode where Signh says Joe is a great detective and Wally says "Obviously not".

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    I get that they wanted to do a #Feminism!!! episode but come on... Why not use Gypsy, Jessy Quick and Killer Frost? Why use Iris and Felicity?
    When the guys were on screen I had a blast, it was funny and entertaining. As soon as the girls were on screen it was cringy (exept Katie Sackoff, I just like her as an actress), boring and tedious. But apparently the showmakers and most fans are ok with super-uber Iris so the show will continue to be letdown.
    It may be the show overcompensating. Typically, love interests have to be saved by the hero A LOT (and this did happen often with Iris), but to make up for having to be rescued, they want to show Iris as the hero every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I've been thinking about why the accelerator explosion gave Caitlin this Jekyll and Hyde disorder when other metahumans aren't split like that. And I thought about Firestorm--he also had some psychological issues after the explosion. It wasn't until he got that chest harness that he was able to control his demons. And there's a nice parallel there between Killer Frost and Firestorm, both two in one characters.

And maybe it's because they were so close to the centre of the explosion that they suffered such trauma. But then I think about Cisco--he was also near the centre of the explosion and he doesn't have a split identity problem--or does he? Vibe hasn't always been in control of his powers. And we see that, in alternate realities, Cisco can go down a dark path.
    That's a good point, and we did see that with Reverb. I wonder if it was intentional to have those closest to the explosion affected in a greater way?

The council of wells is dumb.

Matt "peace out suckas"

Ultimate Member

Why not make Ralph Plastic Man?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Why not make Ralph Plastic Man?
    Because Ralgh Dibny is the Elongated Man. He's not Eel O'Brian.

"Look, an ear in the fireplace".
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Obviously the suit will get an actual design eventually. But I hope they ditch the mask all together.

Matt "peace out suckas"