Page 45 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Eh? I just consider Miles to be 18.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Ultimate Member

MIles has another book coming out Tuesday.

Miles Morales (Marvel Spider-Man) (Little Golden Book)
    I can never find these books in any store.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    MIles has another book coming out Tuesday.

I can never find these books in any store.
    That's actually a good sign sales wise; unless you're the person trying to buy the book. In which case all the luck to you finding a copy man.

If you're willing to buy online here's a link to my favorite online comic shop TFAW.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post
    And this exactly why i have no problem ignoring the annual lol.

Miles wakes up 616, he and Peter remember being pals and no one else remembers/knows he originated from another universe, simple lol(i bet they would have brought ultimate Cloak Dagger and Spider-Woman too if they didn't have clear counterparts in 616)
    But beyond names, Ultimate Spider-woman is not a counterpart 616 Spider-Woman:

According to Bendis, he did originally intended to bring Ultimate Jess, but editorial told him no stating that there were too many Spider-Women at the moment on 616 :/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    According to Bendis, he did originally intended to bring Ultimate Jess, but editorial told him no stating that there were too many Spider-Women at the moment on 616 :/
    Makes sense. Especially for the New York setting.

If she would be brought to the 616 in the future, she’d need a new alias and superhero name.

Any suggestions?

No one’s using Arachne at the moment.

Jessica Reilly.

Arachne is fine enough.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I've mentioned this before but I honestly believe Bendis and Editorial were not on the same page when it came to Miles' transition to the 616 and it showed. The Marketting around the book was all about how Miles was going to be the "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man" now that Peter was running Parker Industry and yet the very first issue had Miles coming head to head with Blackheart. Or how all the other writers seemed to be writing under the understanding that Miles was no longer aware of the Ultimate Universe complete with that supposed revamped origin from the Annual, and yet Bendis was adamant that all the Ultimate Universe memories were intact.

The whole thing was a mess and even though Saladin Ahemd is trying to fix all these issues, I still kind of wish they just gave Miles a reset of Secret Wars, especially since Aaron and Rio got inexplically revived anyway.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I've mentioned this before but I honestly believe Bendis and Editorial were not on the same page when it came to Miles' transition to the 616 and it showed. The Marketting around the book was all about how Miles was going to be the "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man" now that Peter was running Parker Industry and yet the very first issue had Miles coming head to head with Blackheart. Or how all the other writers seemed to be writing under the understanding that Miles was no longer aware of the Ultimate Universe complete with that supposed revamped origin from the Annual, and yet Bendis was adamant that all the Ultimate Universe memories were intact.

The whole thing was a mess and even though Saladin Ahemd is trying to fix all these issues, I still kind of wish they just gave Miles a reset of Secret Wars, especially since Aaron and Rio got inexplically revived anyway.
    I always thought in Aaron and Rio's cases, Owen Reece was just doing Miles a solid for actually giving him something to eat, so when he revived the Multiverse, he brought them back to rectify two of Miles's biggest regrets up to that point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I always thought in Aaron and Rio's cases, Owen Reece was just doing Miles a solid for actually giving him something to eat, so when he revived the Multiverse, he brought them back to rectify two of Miles's biggest regrets up to that point.
    That's pretty much it.

I think what CrimsonEchidna is trying to say is that if, Marvel was going to retcon Miles into the 616 and revive his relatives then they should have gone full stop and made it like he never existed in the Ultimate Universe at all and made it clear that he had no recollection of any time there. Instead we kept getting different half-answers from everyone inside, Marvel which caused a huge confusion and mess with the character's continuity that, Saladin Ahmed is now trying to clean up. A mess that could have been avoided if Bendis and the editorial staff where on the same page with the details about Miles' transition to the 616.

And although Bendis stated that he didn't want to do a "fish out of water" story with Miles at the start of Spider-Man Vol.2; having his 616 adventures start with skipping 8 months ahead after Secret Wars without addressing anything was definitely a bad move that led to all this. Maybe Bendis realized this during his last few months at Marvel before his move to DC and wanted to allude more to the UU confusion by reviving Uncle Aaron and the whole Spider-Men 2 plot. But seeing as he only had so much time left he was probably willing to leave it up to whoever was going to write for Miles next on whether to actually continue on with those threads.

Miles forgetting the UU wouldn't have been any better considering he'd already had two interdimensional experiences already, not to mention it's not like people went around chatting about what happened during Secret Wars anyway. Add on to that the scene in Spider-Men II where Peter flat out explains the memory thing to the reader, I don't see how someone could be confused after that. Could it have come earlier sure, but personally I never felt it was particularly relevant. What was it exactly that implied he didn't remember anyway, funnily enough I can't remember.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Miles forgetting the UU wouldn't have been any better considering he'd already had two interdimensional experiences already, not to mention it's not like people went around chatting about what happened during Secret Wars anyway. Add on to that the scene in Spider-Men II where Peter flat out explains the memory thing to the reader, I don't see how someone could be confused after that. Could it have come earlier sure, but personally I never felt it was particularly relevant. What was it exactly that implied he didn't remember anyway, funnily enough I can't remember.
    I don’t think Gwenpool writers collaborated. But when Gwenpool(who breaks the 4th wall) brought up Rio’s previous death, Miles thought she was crazy.

Maybe Rio’s death.

Incredible Member

Might just be a me thing, but if they would have gone full reboot on Miles, he might as well be a different character at that point, or could have just made it the Miles who was always native to Earth-616. Which would kinda bug me as i want to continue reading the character i was reading in the Ultimate Universe and is still having adventures now.

Niffleheim

I don't know if i could have continued following the book if they had in black and white written that they had erased his past in the Ultimate. I don't even need them to go back there or explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    But beyond names, Ultimate Spider-woman is not a counterpart 616 Spider-Woman:
    Yeah, if anything she's a combination of Scarlet Spider (being a Peter Parker clone) and Laura Kinney (being an opposite gender clone). Despite being Spider-Woman and Jessica Drew, 1610 Jessica isn't a direct counterpart of 616 Jessica. Honestly, her last name should've been Reilly, like Ben in 616.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Yeah, remember that at the time, there were books starring Spider-Woman, Silk, and Spider-Gwen, plus Gwen's second book that also starred Spider-Girl, Web Warriors. Gwen wasn't on 616, but she did regularly cross over (they did both Spider-Women and Sitting in a Tree in the ANAD era, crossovers with Jessica/Cindy and Miles respectively). The finale of Web Warriors did actually reveal that 1610 Jessica was alive somehow - presumably, this is because Earth-1610 was back by then, as later seen in Spider-Men II.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-01-2020 at 11:07 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman