Page 91 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1840
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Oh yeah, Roger Stern did a great job with those two. Marvel should have definitely kept Herc and Namor as friends.
    They were fun, but it's probably for the best they were on the team together for limited runs. I doubt even Stark could have paid for the regular wreckage their personalities would have inflicted on the Mansion.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Ha, ha,ha!!! I was gonna say love your avatar! Hembeck is a genius!
    Thank you! Had to have it! I was working on a Swift Riders gif, but need to squash that down for CBR.

I agree, I love Fred Hembeck.

I have this Namor figure. I'm just a couple of figures away from completing the Illuminati.

This is one my favorite action figures of Namor. I love the head sculpt, and the body type even looks like the Deodato Namor it was based on. Who are you missing? Professor X?

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    It's great, but I prefer a more slender Namor, he looks like a body builder.
    That is one of our unending debates around here. : )

There's definitely support for the swimmer build. Speaking of ... Marvel.com did an article on 'transforming' Olympic athletes with make-up, and I thought, FINALLY! We'll get a swimmer as Namor!. Of course we didn't. They went with ... Thor???? But this Nathan Richards is quite impressive. And he's even bi-racial.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/game...ngers-makeover
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    This is one my favorite action figures of Namor. I love the head sculpt, and the body type even looks like the Deodato Namor it was based on. Who are you missing? Professor X?
    Yeah, I just need Prof X and Dr. Strange. I even have the Thanos figure as the villain.

Yeah, I just need Prof X and Dr. Strange. I even have the Thanos figure as the villain.
    Nice! That Build a Figure was most impressive. There are some great Doctor Strange action figures, but I don't recall too many Professor X.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Oh yeah, Roger Stern did a great job with those two. Marvel should have definitely kept Herc and Namor as friends.
    Oh no! Aren't they still friends? Maybe I should put friends in quotes. LOL! I know Namor attended his funeral, along with Namora.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    They were fun, but it's probably for the best they were on the team together for limited runs. I doubt even Stark could have paid for the regular wreckage their personalities would have inflicted on the Mansion.
    Ha! I'm sure Stark had both of them pay a HUGE security deposit on their rooms in the mansion. ;p

Oh no! Aren't they still friends? Maybe I should put friends in quotes. LOL! I know Namor attended his funeral, along with Namora.

Ha! I'm sure Stark had both of them pay a HUGE security deposit on their rooms in the mansion. ;p
    I haven't seen much interaction between the two since their time on Avengers so I'm not sure what the status is on their friendship.

Just seeing them on the Avengers together was fun. For all the ways Marvel tried to make Herc a boob, he friendship with Thor(Eric Masterson) and Namor in the Avengers was just fun to read.

I haven't seen much interaction between the two since their time on Avengers so I'm not sure what the status is on their friendship.

Just seeing them on the Avengers together was fun. For all the ways Marvel tried to make Herc a boob, he friendship with Thor(Eric Masterson) and Namor in the Avengers was just fun to read.
    Did you read the Pak and VanLente Incredible Hercules run? There was a great arc with Namor, Namora and Herc there. And Cho, pre-Hulk, was hilarious too. It was Pak and VL's take on an Atlantis vs Amazons conflict. Their "friendship" was a bit more pointed, at least on Namor's side, but it was still a funny read.

Maybe Marvel intended it that way, but I always found Herc to be more of a fun loving guy, than a boob. And generally, over all his mini-series and appearances, I enjoyed them alot.

Did you read the Pak and VanLente Incredible Hercules run? There was a great arc with Namor, Namora and Herc there. And Cho, pre-Hulk, was hilarious too. It was Pak and VL's take on an Atlantis vs Amazons conflict. Their "friendship" was a bit more pointed, at least on Namor's side, but it was still a funny read.

Maybe Marvel intended it that way, but I always found Herc to be more of a fun loving guy, than a boob. And generally, over all his mini-series and appearances, I enjoyed them alot.
    I haven't read the Pak run on Herc but I've always hear good things about it. I'll see if I can find the trade for it.

I love Herc as the fun-loving guy but I dunno, Marvel sometimes made him this idiot boob. But Herc was great in Avengers: No Surrender.

I haven't read the Pak run on Herc but I've always hear good things about it. I'll see if I can find the trade for it.

I love Herc as the fun-loving guy but I dunno, Marvel sometimes made him this idiot boob. But Herc was great in Avengers: No Surrender.
    I guess it depends on the writer and their take on Herc. Of course, I think if you are writing him as an idiot boob, then you are writing him wrong. I mean, look at that classic Roger Stern Avengers issue. It is Herc who realizes Namor is depressed and figures out exactly how to get him out that funk, by giving him The Gift! Not an idiot at all.

And yes, highly recommend the Herc run. Even without Namor, it was a good read.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 09-22-2020 at 06:36 PM.

Bruce Timm Invaders shirt!

Maybe I've seen this image before, but I didn't realize it was an actual licensed Marvel shirt! How awesome is that? Of course, it allegedly is vintage, so I'm not sure I'll be able to find it, but I'm always up for a good hunt.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Maybe I've seen this image before, but I didn't realize it was an actual licensed Marvel shirt! How awesome is that? Of course, it allegedly is vintage, so I'm not sure I'll be able to find it, but I'm always up for a good hunt.

Omg what a great shirt!!!!

Don't know if this has been posted here yet but the Namor Sketch Alex Ross variant is on ebay

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

That is a gorgeous! In some ways, I like this pencil sketch better than the finished painting. But that variant is too pricey for me.

And YES! I am definitely looking for that Bruce Timm Invaders shirt. May take me awhile to find it, but I'm on the hunt!

Mighty Member

Wow! That shirt is a must have! There seem to be several variants of that Timm Invaders illustration.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Omg what a great shirt!!!!

Don't know if this has been posted here yet but the Namor Sketch Alex Ross variant is on ebay

I saw this in Ross Instagram. Some of his sketches are more interesting than his final paintings, I agree with Rev this is one of them! The love of Ross for the Sub-mariner is evident!

Oh, you found the Timm art! Nice! I sort of like that first one better.

Yep, Alex Ross definitely appreciates our prince. I hope when we do get an ongoing, it will get the Alex Ross cover treatment that Cap and Hulk have been getting. Yes, I dream big. :P