Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I think Moira is just covering up her PERSONAL fear of Irene by telling a story about ‘precogs sensing the end’, and that selfish lie gonna turn out to be a major problem that bites her in the ass soon enough.
    I think that's part of it, but like I said back during HoXPoX, I think Moira is working on her own agenda and she doesn't want anyone to be aware of that, which a precog likely would be. Or that a precog would be able to see the results of her plans and somehow in the seeing of it, affect the outcome of it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I think that's part of it, but like I said back during HoXPoX, I think Moira is working on her own agenda and she doesn't want anyone to be aware of that, which a precog likely would be. Or that a precog would be able to see the results of her plans and somehow in the seeing of it, affect the outcome of it.
    Yea I really wish we'd get some more updates/info about what she's up to. After HoXPoX she kind of just disappeared. Knowing the writers I'm sure we'll get a big surprise a long way down the road.

I feel the same way. That she does indeed have plans of her own that she doesn't want anyone to see.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Even though Alex and Lorna are NOT it, I think it’s cute that Scott still considers Lorna family. With regards to this issue, I liked how they were able to remain cordial because it seemed reminiscent of two people who have moved on, but are still naturally comfortable with each other.
    My preference for the "Scott considers Lorna to be family" approach would be to base it on her joining the X-Men team back in the early days, when the X-Men were a tight-knit group. It would allow them to have such a dynamic without the risk of dredging up past poor treatment of Lorna with Havok (with the current state of things), and it would be a way of Marvel acknowledging and respecting that she's existed since 1968 - something they almost never do.

The sort of dynamic they had in this issue is something I was fine with back in the 2013-2015 time period, when Marvel was at least doing some good things for Lorna (despite not giving it needed support). Then X-Men Blue and similar things happened out of Marvel that made their disrespect for her - especially in relation to him - very clear. Now I'm not fine with it because I see it as part of an overall intent at Marvel to build toward them as a couple again, while not providing her with any of what she really needs, ensuring she remains "beneath" him in perceived worth rather than equal (as you'd expect a good relationship to be) or better. Once Marvel's doing right by Lorna and they've spent enough time apart during the process, that's when I'll be fine with stuff like their interactions in this issue.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Claremont had Saturnyne impersonate Courtney Ross and play Emma in a game of cards once. Throw in Hickmans Black Swan and we can confuse everyone.

I imagine they will limit the blondes in this arc so we don't confuse them with Opal Saturnyne so Emmas role will definitely be limited.

The world building was great as was the use of Tarot

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Claremont had Saturnyne impersonate Courtney Ross and play Emma in a game of cards once. Throw in Hickmans Black Swan and we can confuse everyone.

I imagine they will limit the blondes in this arc so we don't confuse them with Opal Saturnyne so Emmas role will definitely be limited.

The world building was great as was the use of Tarot
    Actually, it was Sat-Yr-9 that killed and impersonated Courtney Ross, which is why I keep getting this weird feeling that the current Saturnyne is actually Sat-Yr-9...
    Last edited by Thundershot; 09-24-2020 at 06:55 PM.

BANNED

Someone way upthread pointed out that the duel will likely act as a magic ritual from which Saturnyne will draw power. My guess is that her goal is to properly revive the Captain Britain Corps.
    that would be me.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

She also says that she doesn't want anyone knowing that they always lose and the truth. Destiny was her main concern but any other precog who can see the future and see fucked up **** coming is gonna say something.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    She also says that she doesn't want anyone knowing that they always lose and the truth. Destiny was her main concern but any other precog who can see the future and see fucked up **** coming is gonna say something.
    Moira has a god complex which tbh makes sense ( when your death literally resets the universe to the moment of your birth at that point you're quite literally the center of the universe) so I don't doubt she believes she knows what's best for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Actually, it was Sat-Yr-9 that killed and impersonated Courtney Ross, which is why I keep getting this weird feeling that the current Saturnyne is actually Sat-Yr-9...
    I also have this feeling! She definitely looks suspicious and she should have died alongside the Corps in Time Runs Out

I loved this issue and I'm so excited for all 22 (!) issues of the crossover.

I remember reading The Mutant Massacre as it came out and being completely gobsmacked by it (Took me forever to find that issue of Power Pack on the stands), and although X of Swords is a very different beast altogether I'm feeling some of the same excitement I had back then.

Seeing Polaris and Havok working together like regular co-workers was cool, but I really don't want them back together. Alex isn't interesting to me anymore... and I really wanna see Lorna in a storyline that serves her awesomeness.

Monet was so much fun to read throughout this issue, especially as a foil to Opal Luna Saturnyne (and possibly gunning for her gig).

I really hope we get some glimpse of Moira soon though.

I love the art! My only quibble is I wish Kate had been depicted with her curly hair (the gloves were a nice touch tho).

You know, if Mystique still wants to burn everything to the ground, now would be the perfect opportunity to strike. All she has to do is sabotage the mutants so that they lose the tournament, then Krakoa will be doomed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    You know, if Mystique still wants to burn everything to the ground, now would be the perfect opportunity to strike. All she has to do is sabotage the mutants so that they lose the tournament, then Krakoa will be doomed.
    Lol so true, and actually unless there is a caveat that to make the death in a death match stick, anyone who loses among the X-Men /Krakoans cannot be resurrected,she could volunteer and lose the fight to mess with Krakoa.Obviously if the caveat exists she always puts herself first so she will probably work sabotage through someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Lol so true, and actually unless there is a caveat that to make the death in a death match stick, anyone who loses among the X-Men /Krakoans cannot be resurrected,she could volunteer and lose the fight to mess with Krakoa.Obviously if the caveat exists she always puts herself first so she will probably work sabotage through someone else.
    Mystique would never commit suicide to spite someone. She'd want to live to see the result of the carnage she has inflicted. She gets no satisfaction not sticking around to even knowing if that worked. I feel like if she did what you suggest, she would be all th way on the back of the queue, if they even decide to have her on it