Page 451 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 3514014414474484494504514524534544554615015519511451 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 75153
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    You mean Mr. 47% who just wrote a law to gut Social Security and Medicare? Him? But at least he voted to remove the Orange Menace from Office. Something I believe you were not in favor of.

https://thehill.com/blogs/congress-b...-behind-closed

It's not bout them all being evil like Trump an McConnell, it's about how almost all of the Republicans in office go along with Trump and his policies.

I think the analogy here was 9 out of 12 eggs is still a bad dozen you would throw away.
    Voter suppression is a deliberate, anti-democratic strategy of his Republican Party. These people go shopping FOR the bad eggs.

BANNED

Anybody is free to do what WBE is doing with Democrats. Do you have any in mind?
    Hmm, surprised CTTT didn’t attack you for not being Fair and Balanced first.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, these "crazy/stupid Republicans" pictures that are being posted why not do one for Democrats too? Fair is fair.
    Here you go, and don't stop at the first post.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

He's no longer active, or I would have added former NYS speaker of the assembly Sheldon Silver to the list.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    You're talking to the guy who wrote detailed articles on literally hundreds of "bad eggs" in the GOP.
    Perhaps a graphic to illustrate what just happened for him:

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There are more than ten thousand Republican elected officials and candidates, so it's not actually a meaningful number, especially if one of the hundreds of "bad eggs" is Mitt Romney.
    I could already be up to 2500 original profiles, but I've chosen to "review" with existing ones, so I'm only at, y'know, 900.

Clearly, it's not a widespread documented evidence of a wider problem. Also, Mitt Romney ran a presidential campaign where he lied 900+ times in six months. I know that might pale to Trump lying 20,000 times in three and a half years, but still. Mitt being out of touch, being a vulture capitalist and generally an empty suit were more than enough to gain him original entry. Admittedly, at the moment, he's one of the "voices of reason" but that's only because he's not trying to return us to the Confederacy.

So, these "crazy/stupid Republicans" pictures that are being posted why not do one for Democrats too? Fair is fair.
    Because the conservative posters here are too intellectually lazy and flat out lazy and never bother to show their work. Perhaps because they believe in their party philosophy of hiring immigrants to do all their work for them, but can't find any to do it for them on this matter. As it stands, I've profiled 45 Democrats on April Fool's Day, about 5-10 each April 1st since I started this, just to show I'm not above criticizing the party I support when it's warranted. It's been six years (SIX YEARS), and no one can seem to find people as racist/crazy/stupid as folks like Michelle Bachmann, Steve King, Allen West, Donald Trump, or Louie Gohmert. Not even close.

"Fair is fair" says the person advocating for conservative voices who want to strip people of their human rights.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Because the conservative posters here are too intellectually lazy and flat out lazy and never bother to show their work. Perhaps because they believe in their party philosophy of hiring immigrants to do all their work for them, but can't find any to do it for them on this matter. As it stands, I've profiled 45 Democrats on April Fool's Day, about 5-10 each April 1st since I started this, just to show I'm not above criticizing the party I support when it's warranted. It's been six years (SIX YEARS), and no one can seem to find people as racist/crazy/stupid as folks like Michelle Bachmann, Steve King, Allen West, Donald Trump, or Louie Gohmert. Not even close.

"Fair is fair" says the person advocating for conservative voices who want to strip people of their human rights.
    The worst I am familiar with is Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (the best friend a payday lender ever had), although Sheldon Silver could easily beat her if he was still active. Holding up disaster relief when thousands are without electricity during the winter would move people near the top of most lists.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

...but...but...the truth is always in the middle!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The worst I am familiar with is Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (the best friend a payday lender ever had), although Sheldon Silver could easily beat her if he was still active. Holding up disaster relief when thousands are without electricity during the winter would move people near the top of most lists.
    Funny you mention it... I profiled DWS a few years back already.

Funny you mention it... I profiled DWS a few years back already.
    I think I did some work on that myself, although I'm not sure if you used any of it or started over from scratch.
    Dark does not mean deep.

The difference is there are corrupt Democrats, but few stupid, crazy ones, not compared to the GOP. And the corruption doesn't reach the systemic Party level the GOP has.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Anybody is free to do what WBE is doing with Democrats. Do you have any in mind?
    Not at the moment but, I might think of something

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think I did some work on that myself, although I'm not sure if you used any of it or started over from scratch.
    Some of it. I mean, a lot of folks come to the same conclusions about her being problematic. Best thing that happened to the DNC was her stepping down.

Mighty Member

Should Ulysses S. Grant be vilified simply by marrying Julia Dent? I would say his wife deserves more criticism. It wasn't very smart of her to bring her slaves to visit him on the battlefield, but by accounts that I've heard, she was taking care of the children, not that it makes it any better. Back to Grant, he was given a slave as a gift I believe from his father-in-law but was so disgusted by the idea that he freed him after a while. The Grant family didn't attend their wedding because the Dents owned slaves. He did a lot for this country. He was the one of the few generals who would get down and dirty and fight to preserve the Union, a scrappy fighter. He helped to pass the Fifteenth Amendment which allowed voting rights for blacks and helped to dismantle the Ku Klux Klan. And I think it's moving how, when dying of throat cancer, he was able to provide for the family by writing his memoirs, helped by Samuel Clemens, aka Mark Twain.

Should Ulysses S. Grant be vilified simply by marrying Julia Dent? I would say his wife deserves more criticism. It wasn't very smart of her to bring her slaves to visit him on the battlefield, but by accounts that I've heard, she was taking care of the children, not that it makes it any better. Back to Grant, he was given a slave as a gift I believe from his father-in-law but was so disgusted by the idea that he freed him after a while. The Grant family didn't attend their wedding because the Dents owned slaves. He did a lot for this country. He was the one of the few generals who would get down and dirty and fight to preserve the Union, a scrappy fighter. He helped to pass the Fifteenth Amendment which allowed voting rights for blacks and helped to dismantle the Ku Klux Klan. And I think it's moving how, when dying of throat cancer, he was able to provide for the family by writing his memoirs, helped by Samuel Clemens, aka Mark Twain.
    The other thing with Grant and his owning a slave is that when he set the man free, Grant was close to bankruptcy. The money from selling a slave could have helped with that, but Grant did the right thing at personal cost to himself. That makes it stand out a lot more to me than it does for someone to free slaves upon death, especially someone without an heir to leave them to.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Exactly how much of an issue is this?