Page 343 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 243293333339340341342343344345346347353393443843 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,145 of 17573
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    "There are people who are making arguments that the tent isn't big enough for Joe Biden. But big enough for Joe Rogan."

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards...itics/78356546
    Intellectually dishonest. You don’t have to buy into Rogan to let him support someone who shares your ideals. You do need to buy into Joe Biden to support him and his ideals being the leader of the Executive Branch. I don’t have to give a damn about Rogan for him to vote for my side. I need to give a damn about Biden to be on his side.

It’s a false comparison. A lazy one too

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    The fact that you really thought your 5th grade "argument" was worth a response makes me agree with the squirrel.

Good day.

I SAID GOOD DAY!!!
    If it was a fifth grade argument you would take glee in trying to dismantle it.

Good day!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I also criticize Buttiegeig and Biden on the reg. I disliked Kamala Harris on the virtue of her past as a cop. I criticize bad decisions by politicians. It just so happens that only one politician has attack dogs that leap on any criticism of their guy, so I criticize them, too. And here you are, barking and slobbering and attacking, right on cue, refusing to accept that criticism of your guy does not equal hate.

That is the hallmark of a fanatic.

Anyway. Sorry for writing novels, I guess? I guess I should just post fragmented pseudo sentences and say lol a lot while plugging my ears to criticism and saying 'nah nah nah nah' like you do to get my point across clearly, instead of trying to make my thoughts clear by...writing them out. I know reading things that arent complimentary to your God is hard for zealots, so I'll try to do better.

"Bernie proud about big happy words from racist. Racist bad. Bernie should do better."

Is that more acceptible?
    His team literally just said they don’t agree with all his views. One of the people who agrees with you just posted the quote. So I don’t really see how what you said was accurate.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Intellectually dishonest. You don’t have to buy into Rogan to let him support someone who shares your ideals. You do need to buy into Joe Biden to support him and his ideals being the leader of the Executive Branch. I don’t have to give a damn about Rogan for him to vote for my side. I need to give a damn about Biden to be on his side.

It’s a false comparison. A lazy one too
    It's a straightforward observation (made by another individual) regarding the attacks on Biden and the acceptance/promotion of Rogan.

Maybe you don't feel that way, but there are many other Sanders supporters that do.

https://old.reddit.com/r/politics/co...ng_for_bernie/

It's fine if you feel that you need to defend Sanders but don't let your support for him blind you to how this plays out with those who don't see him as you do.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-24-2020 at 03:09 PM.

His team literally just said they don’t agree with all his views. One of the people who agrees with you just posted the quote. So I don’t really see how what you said was accurate.
    Until the man himself addresses it, it isnt dealt with. Sorry. A flak offering some words of wisdom on behalf of the candidate accepting an endorsement from a famous racist and homophobe is not doing better.

Or, put more in line with how you want me to post:

"Bernie accept good feeling words from bad man. Bernie not address it, but make some other guy do. Not doing better."

Extraordinary Member

It's a straightforward observation (made by another individual) not a "false comparison".

It's fine if you feel that you need to defend Sanders but don't let your support for him blind you to how this plays out with those who don't see him as you do.
    One situation proposes that you actively support someone. Another proposes that you tolerate the support of someone. It’s active vs passive.

I already said on here I’d support Biden. So it’s not even about the person. It’s just acknowledging that it’s a terrible argument from a logical perspective. I don’t understand how you can’t see the difference tbh

Extraordinary Member

Until the man himself addresses it, it isnt dealt with. Sorry. A flak offering some words of wisdom on behalf of the candidate accepting an endorsement from a famous racist and homophobe is not doing better.

Or, put more in line with how you want me to post:

"Bernie accept good feeling words from bad man. Bernie not address it, but make some other guy do. Not doing better."
    You think his team release statements without his approval? See it’s just more evidence that nothing is ever going to be good enough for you. It’s okay if you don’t like him and don’t want to support him. Just be honest about it.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

So, the Orange Idiot's defense team is going to talk about the 2016 election and the Democrats digging for dirt on him via the Steele dossier. A more productive use of my time would be shoving my head into a running woodchipper. - ___________-

One situation proposes that you actively support someone. Another proposes that you tolerate the support of someone. It’s active vs passive.

I already said on here I’d support Biden. So it’s not even about the person. It’s just acknowledging that it’s a terrible argument from a logical perspective. I don’t understand how you can’t see the difference tbh
    In other words, we should make plenty of room for racists as long as they support Bernie, but we'll attack Warren and Biden for not being left enough.

Gotcha.

Ultimate Member

Like politics in general, this isn't only about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    So, the Orange Idiot's defense team is going to talk about the 2016 election and the Democrats digging for dirt on him via the Steele dossier. A more productive use of my time would be shoving my head into a running woodchipper. - ___________-
    They can't defend his actions so instead they attack the opposition.

Gaslight. Obstruct. Project. That's all they do because that's all they know how to do it this point.

-----
    "Republican senator attacks National Security Council aide and Purple Heart recipient who testified in impeachment probe"

"Republican Sen. Marsha Blackburn spent hours attacking Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, a key National Security Council aide who testified before Congress on the Ukraine scandal, on Twitter Thursday, including questioning the Purple Heart recipient's patriotism.

Over a series of tweets, Blackburn, a Tennessee Republican, made the unfounded claim that Vindman had leaked knowledge of President Donald Trump's phone call with the Ukrainian President to the whistleblower whose complaint initially prompted the investigation, called him "vindictive" and said he wasn't a patriot.

"Adam Schiff is hailing Alexander Vindman as an American patriot," Blackburn's Twitter account posted at about 4 p.m. ET on Thursday. "How patriotic is it to badmouth and ridicule our great nation in front of Russia, America's greatest enemy?"

Later, at about 6 p.m. ET, she added, "It makes sense that Alexander Vindman leaked the July 25th phone call to his friend (aka the 'whistleblower'). They both have lots in common."

CNN is not identifying the whistleblower, but there is no evidence that Vindman or the whistleblower knew each other or held any political motivations."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/23/polit...wer/index.html
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-24-2020 at 03:19 PM.

You think his team release statements without his approval? See it’s just more evidence that nothing is ever going to be good enough for you. It’s okay if you don’t like him and don’t want to support him. Just be honest about it.
    Try reading, bro. I dont have a thing against Bernie. I have a LOT against his worshippers. And that comes from someone who worked to get Bernie elected in 2016. I am allowed to criticize him. Just like I am allowed to criticize Grampa Joe, or Pete 'the most boring gay man alive' Buttiegeig. They dont have attack dogs like you, though. Only Bernie and Trump have followers that fanatical, and that IS a problem, whether you want to admit it or not.

Or, put more succinctly:

"To Bernie Bros, all candidates fair game for get criticized over every misstep or foible. But dont dare turn criticisms against Bernie. Bernie not allowed to be criticized, ever. If criticize Bernie, that mean you hate Bernie."
    Last edited by zinderel; 01-24-2020 at 03:16 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Like politics in general, this isn't only about you.
    That’s not real response and doesn’t address the point. I brought up that I would support Biden so I could display my reasoning on the argument was independent from my actual stance on the applicable practice of the argument.

There is a difference between active support and passive tolerance of support.

You can address it or make personal attacks because it’s easy. I dont know why you would want to. If you have an opposing view on the spirit of the argument of the link you submitted, you are totally free to address it

Extraordinary Member

Try reading, bro. I dont have a thing against Bernie. I have a LOT against his worshippers. And that comes from someone who worked to get Bernie elected in 2016.
    So you would vote for him?

And I like how you complain about me using lol but then feel the need to use “bro”. Congruent words and actions and all that

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Val Demings/Hakeem Jeffries 2024
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Someone has been watching to much Star Trek
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.