Page 5180 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 41804680508051305170517651775178517951805181518251835184 ... LastLast
Results 77,686 to 77,700 of 77781
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    The punch Thanos gave T'Challa was really insulting to BP fans almost to the point of hilarity. I means others got their fair share of beating but Thanos kind of took his time with T'Challa (apart from vision and maybe Steve Rogers) and just punched hime to the ground like he was nothing. Honestly, BP in his own movie stomps on the portrayal in IW despite some people claiming that he wasn't prominent enough in his own movie.

If Grace Randolph of all people can say she was disappointed with how Wakanda was portrayed in IW, then you know there is problem.
    Sad part is a lot of people thought IW was going to be BP 1.5.

Certainly seemed that way with the trailers. The truth is BP was nothing more than a setup set piece for destruction. Nothing more nothing less. If Wakanda had a legit reason to be involved it makes that setting far more intriguing. Even M'Baku's and Okoye's lines about Wakanda sacrificing itself was cringe. Again I don't think the Russos knew the importance and seeing the movie beforehand would have helped. Timing though.

Not once do I recall T'Challa using kinetic energy in IW. The ironic thing is it would have worked for BP better if he didn't use kinetic energy in the 3rd act. Even though his people are attacking him he's still not trying to cause them serious harm. That way it would have allowed him to just give everyone the beats with hand to hand combat. Also showing the difference between him and Killmonger who will use it.

Then UNLEASH kinetic energy in IW kicking some alien ass. I just knew the Russos were going to use it, but in a better way than his own movie. Yet it never happened.

Going back to Nate Moore. Why not have the Russo brothers film additional photography during reshoots for BP? I know they were busy with IW, but they were filming at the same time. The movie was missing something in the 3rd act. That's iconic action shots. Feige/Moore should have made that happen.

I swear if IW came out in Dec it would have been best for both movies.

In 2018 I can't believe they made T'Challa basically a CGI model at the end of his movie/nullifying some of the cool action ideas they were trying to create and in the biggest movie of the year he was just there.

Thank goodness for Civil War and Black Panther being amazing outside of some very spotty CGI/a tad less screen time.

Cause if Infinity War was the first real appearance of BP he would almost be Finn status in terms of the okie doke.

That's maybe why I come across so negative. For TWO years I was looking forward to these movies and subpar action/cgi late and the Russos not fully utilizing him is just something I did not expect.

That should have been a given. BP was almost perfect and IW could have the character BP even more iconic. Damnit.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 08-02-2018 at 09:49 PM.

Amazing Member

The punch Thanos gave T'Challa was really insulting to BP fans almost to the point of hilarity. I means others got their fair share of beating but Thanos kind of took his time with T'Challa (apart from vision and maybe Steve Rogers) and just punched hime to the ground like he was nothing. Honestly, BP in his own movie stomps on the portrayal in IW despite some people claiming that he wasn't prominent enough in his own movie.

If Grace Randolph of all people can say she was disappointed with how Wakanda was portrayed in IW, then you know there is problem.
    exactly why black panther couldn't do something like this in the movie run and pounce at Thanos get suspended in midair with the telekinesis from infinity gauntlet while thanos is slapping around the lesser avengers T'Challa suit absorbs the energy and he's free and his suit is supercharged with some infinity stone energy and his strikes giving off a red/orange color instead of purple and he is hitting Thanos with a series of kicks & punches rocking Thanos a bit at the same time dodging Thanos attacks but T'challa suit soon runs out of infinity energy and Thanos grabs him uses the realty stone to dissolve T'Challa'S vibranium suit and throws him against a tree knocking him out
    Last edited by hbky2j; 08-02-2018 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hbky2j View Post
    exactly why black panther couldn't do something like this in the movie run and pounce at Thanos get suspended in midair with the telekinesis from infinity gauntlet while thanos is slapping around the lesser avengers T'Challa suit absorbs the energy and he's free and his suit is supercharged with some infinity stone energy and his strikes giving off a red/orange color instead of purple and he is hitting Thanos with a series of kicks & punches rocking Thanos a bit at the same time dodging Thanos attacks but T'challa suit soon runs out of infinity energy and Thanos grabs him uses the realty stone to dissolve T'Challa'S vibranium suit and throws him against a tree knocking him out
    Damn that sounds so much better.

And yea if they weren't going to give T'Challa anything to do in IW they could have spent that extra energy on getting Black Panther CGI right.

BP's CGI being subpar wouldn't cause a dent in the IW hype. It needed to be GREAT for his own film.

Looks like everybody was getting the Thanos treatment...

Which hero looked good at all in this scene...

I don't have a problem with Black Panther looking bad as long as everybody else and they momma got treated too!

If you want Wakanda to always look good then it needs it's own universe away from Marvel where it can be constantly protected from the likes of Thanos, Galactus, Darth Vader or Aliens vs Predator (now Disney owned)

If you don't ever want T'challa overshadowed by anyone then he needs to also lose the entire ensemble cast completely and go absolutely solo where he has no threats whatsoever!

Street level perhaps to keep him ever so safe and tucked away from harm!

Being a part of a back to back 1.3 billion and 2 billion dollar movies is quite an accomplishment considering where he once was before that!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Certainly seemed that way with the trailers. The truth is BP was nothing more than a setup set piece for destruction. Nothing more nothing less. If Wakanda had a legit reason to be involved it makes that setting far more intriguing. Even M'Baku's and Okoye's lines about Wakanda sacrificing itself was cringe. Again I don't think the Russos knew the importance and seeing the movie beforehand would have helped. Timing though.

Not once do I recall T'Challa using kinetic energy in IW. The ironic thing is it would have worked for BP better if he didn't use kinetic energy in the 3rd act. Even though his people are attacking him he's still not trying to cause them serious harm. That way it would have allowed him to just give everyone the beats with hand to hand combat. Also showing the difference between him and Killmonger who will use it.

Then UNLEASH kinetic energy in IW kicking some alien ass. I just knew the Russos were going to use it, but in a better way than his own movie. Yet it never happened.

Going back to Nate Moore. Why not have the Russo brothers film additional photography during reshoots for BP? I know they were busy with IW, but they were filming at the same time. The movie was missing something in the 3rd act. That's iconic action shots. Feige/Moore should have made that happen.

T'Challa nailed Black Dwarf with kinetic energy in IW
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post

I don't have a problem with Black Panther looking bad as long as everybody else and they momma got treated too!

If you want Wakanda to always look good then it needs it's own universe away from Marvel where it can be constantly protected from the likes of Thanos, Galactus, Darth Vader or Aliens vs Predator (now Disney owned)

If you don't ever want T'challa overshadowed by anyone then he needs to also lose the entire ensemble cast completely and go absolutely solo where he has no threats whatsoever!

Being a part of a back to back 1.3 billion and 2 billion dollar movies is quite an accomplishment considering where he once was before that!
    It's not really about being overshadowed by other heroes/characters but being able to show that you are formidable and a force to be reckoned with which wasn't really displayed. Mantis, Spider-Man and some others where overshadowed by Thor, Iron Man and Doctor Strange and yet they were still able to hold their own.

IW made me fall in love with Strange with all his abilities and most people I spoke to agreed that he was one of the highlights of the movie which is what I kind of expected with T'Challa but oh well you can't have everything can you? Guess we will have to wait for maybe another 3 -4 years before we can see him fully realised.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post

Double Post

The absolute state of things.

Thanos is walking in like Darth Vader at the end of Rogue One, the most powerful being in the universe, wielding 5 freaking Infinity Stones, 100 yards from completing his goal

and its, "omgz, why didn't T'challa pull some rabbit out of his ass to look cooler right then!"

Hell, T'challa gets bonus points in my eyes for even able to get close enough to be touched by Thanos lol. Everyone got Gauntlet blasted from distance.

Except Steve, he got back up, got a sneak attack in to the knees, arms, and chin... only for Thanos to look at him like he is crazy and then drop the damn hammer on him.

T'challa's "role" in IW was king of Wakanda, welcoming a desperate set of individuals into his country in order to be the last stand against the armies of Thanos to protect vision. His role was a general of an army.

He only got to show up towards the end of the movie, which puts a time limit on what he can actually do. Unfortunately he showed up at a time in the movie when there were also approximately 10 other heroes on the field... that were then joined by 3 more heroes soon after.

And then, the Russos action style, which has been praised constantly to vomit inducing levels on here (they are dope though), simply doesn't work as well in a chaotic open field invasion setting.

T'challa had a few cool moments in fighting the hoard... but the frenetic quick cut syle makes it really really hard to follow when there are 10000 dudes on the screen at the same time. T'challa would get to do something and it would cut to the next hero so fast that you couldn't even absorb what happened fully.

Frankly, if we wanted more Black Panther in IW, that means there would have had to been a stone in Wakanda. And judging what happened to Xandar, Asguardians, Gamora, Knowhere, and Vision... i'm OK with that.

I'm also "ok" with what Black Panther got to do in the movie because it was Avengers: Infinity War. My expectations were he'd only get a few minutes on screen, just like most heroes. Woudl I have liked more? Of course... I'm always down for more T'challa and I woudl gladly sacrifice all of Widow's stunt double's screen time or Spider-Man lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Tchalla used the Kinectic energy on aliens in background shots and used it to knock Black dwarf on his ass. It's odd to assume the Russo would use it better in IW then T'Challa would in his own movie since that was it's debut. When Tchalla used it in his movie he also did it in s way that was less devastating to his people then Erik did.
    Again you keep talking up the Russos as if they would of been this amazing set piece for BP when Coogler already did stellar work. J prefer Cooglers take which every hit told a story abd meant something over simply a superhero slugfest

T'Challa is a master strategist and one of the smartest heroes in the marvel universe, well at least in the comics and has repeatedly pull out tricks to go toe to toe with enemies so isn't it expected for him to pull tricks out of his ass to save the day?

This was Thanos with 5 Infinity Stones. T'Challa did about as well as could be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    This was Thanos with 5 Infinity Stones. T'Challa did about as well as could be expected.
    And that is fine but the execution in my honest opinion didn't sit well with me. Same way some people didn't like that fact that a black guy was the first person to get killed int he movie.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 08-03-2018 at 05:42 AM.

Thanos with 5 infinity stones who showed up on his door step 100 yards from his goal.

*thanos shows up*

T'challa: "quick, get me to my ship so I can get my Thanos buster!"

*10 minutes later*

T'challa: I'm back! Die THa.... wait where is Thanos?

Scarlet: dude, he ripped visions head off 9 minutes and 30 seconds ago! where were you?"

T'challa: I had to get my... *turns to dust*

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Thanos with 5 infinity stones who showed up on his door step 100 yards from his goal.

*thanos shows up*

T'challa: "quick, get me to my ship so I can get my Thanos buster!"

*10 minutes later*

T'challa: I'm back! Die THa.... wait where is Thanos?

Scarlet: dude, he ripped visions head off 9 minutes and 30 seconds ago! where were you?"

T'challa: I had to get my... *turns to dust*