Page 155 of 374 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 5596
    Extraordinary Member

I stopped after the pilot. Nothing appealed to me and more than that I thought it was terrible. Never understood the praise the pilot got.

Supergirl has never shyed away from political stuff from day one

Extraordinary Member

Dude I get it but a whole thread about her? Damn son you're in love lol. I'm still waiting for season 3 to come to netflix so I can binge watch.

BANNED

This has been an unashamedly leftwing show from day one, and this is very unlikely to ever change.
    When you get episode titles like "Nevertheless, She Persisted", you know what you're in for.
    Either accept this or move on.

For me, the politics of the show are almost half the atraction.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I'm still waiting for season 3 to come to netflix so I can binge watch.
    I suspect that may be a long while.

Incredible Member

It did seem as out front to me in season one, for whatever reason.

Season 2
    PROS:
    -Solidifying the supporting cast under the DEO, by moving Winn there
    -Mon-El was a nice addition to the cast
    -Superman's guest appearances were greatly appreciated
    -Miss Martian and this season's arc for MM
    -The Girl Power stuff was dialed back enough to allow further development of the supporting cast.

CONS:
    -Miss Max Lord and Lucy Lane
    -Are we supposed to forget that Kara's sister was hot and heavy with Max last season and now she's lesbian? I could get her being bisexual but they shouldn't retcon out her season one attraction to Max Lord.
    -The show is still the least interesting of the four Berlanti shows with Arrow's season 5 rebound and despite Flash's season 3 decline.
    -Winn still comes off as a poor man's Cisco from Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    We Haven't Seen the Last of Mon-El

Meh

Kara's Mom Could Still Be Alive

Seeing Durance on the show will be cool. As for whether Alura is actually alive or not, I'm on the fence. Although considering the news about J'onn, I think two returning parents within the same year might be a bit of stretch.

Jimmy Has a New Love Interest

OK. I'd be happier to read that Jimmy is ditching the whole Guardian thing, which was a) a bit daft looking (even for a CW show) and b) yet another excuse last season to give Kara less action than her supporting cast. And for a female led show, there are way too many male heroes in Supergirl.

I mean, look at Arrow. In it's 5 years to date, the show has generally only had ever one regular female hero as a co-star at a time. Whether that be one of the Canaries (with Sara not making her full debut until season 2), occasionally Nyssa and more recently Artemis - who they turned evil. And Flash? It took three years for Jesse Quick to appear, only for her to leave a little while later after not being used all that much anyway. Oh, and Killer Frost, who's mostly been an antagonist and, again, took a few years to appear.

Now compare that to Supergirl where J'onn been's around from day one. Then season two comes along and we've got Guardian and Mon-El in the mix too, so essentially 75% of the regular 'hero' characters on Supergirl are dudes. And it's not like they're even nerfed as frequently as she is either.

Kara Will Be Tested

yay. Mopey sad Kara. Which wouldn't be a big draw at the best of times, but having being mopey and sad over a relationship that was so forced and shallow makes it all the more disappointing.

We're Going to Meet J'onn J'onzz's Father

Interesting. Anything that gives David Harewood something to get his teeth in to is always welcome.

Sanvers Could Be in Trouble

Be a shame if the relationship ends cos of an actors availability. On the other hand, just having Maggie frequently being referenced to being "out of town" or "on a job" might seem a little contrived.

Expect Another Crossover With The Flash

Fair enough. I don't watch The Flash so the only time I see him (or Arrow or the Legends) is on Supergirl. Fingers crossed this time around Supergirl actually gets more to do in the crossover than be brainwashed, benched and catch Ollie.
    Bring back Max Lord! Recast the actor if needed but they should at least resolve his character arc better instead of pretending the character never existed and alex was never attracted to him.

Retired

Post-Crisis Maxell Lord and pre-Crisis Morgan Edge have always seemed like virtually the same person to me. So now that they're going to have Morgan Edge on the show, maybe he'll fill the hole left by Max. And with Adrian Pasdar playing him, I expect good things. Maybe he'll be secretly in league with Intergang.

That's if they can use Intergang on SUPERGIRL. I have a feeling that the gang Wonder Woman is fighting at the beginning of the JUSTICE LEAGUE trailer is Intergang--so maybe they're off limits.

But the SUPERGIRL writers should be pouring through every Kirby issue of JIMMY OLSEN for story ideas. Wouldn't mind seeing the "Man from Transilvane" as a Hallowe'en episode.

Incredible Member

Winn, to me, feels like the shows iteration of Jimmy Olsen. Mechad Brooks is playing a different character with that name imo.

i have yet to watch the show whats the political statement?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Everything We Know About Supergirl Season 3
    Presuming this is all true, thoughts on these developments for Season 3?

Whoops. Didn't give my own take on these developments. Let's fix that, shall we?

The New Season Picks Up Right Where the Finale Left Off

This bit strikes me as weird.

Considering what happened in the S2 Finale, sorta seemed like a small time jump in the narrative (maybe 3-6 months later) to start the new season would have been a better way to cleanse the palate, as it were.

We Haven't Seen the Last of Mon-El

Never doubted this for a moment. Being (the newly divorced) Melissa Benoist's IRL boyfriend comes with certain benefits for Chris Wood ... like job security.

Kara's Mom Could Still Be Alive

Highly doubt that Alura is actually alive, as in survived the destruction of Krypton and is walking around on Earth. Definitely think this is more in a flashback/hologram mode and/or maybe hallucination territory.

Jimmy Has a New Love Interest

And it's a dude!

Seriously, at this point, why not?

The TV character already is nothing like his comic-book namesake: very different ethnicity (black vs white), very different body type (tall and built vs short and slender), very different personality (smooth yet incompetent vs cocky yet insecure), very different age range (30s prime adult vs teenager early 20s), very different job (CEO vs average photog). Why not expand the transition and throw in very different orientation as well? The target demographic would applaud this move.

Plus, it would help explain why James never has any onscreen chemistry with any of the eligible females on the show.

I vote for CW Steve Lombard to be introduced as James' new love interest on the show. I'm only half-kidding.

Kara Will Be Tested

Oh no, are we getting the CW Barry Allen treatment for Kara this season? Take a fun character and turn them mopey and all navel-gazing? Hard pass if so.

We're Going to Meet J'onn J'onzz's Father

Now this is one change I can fully support! I've always disliked J'onn's "The Last of My Planet" deal, since A) it's kinda not true with Miss Martian being around (even if she is White while he is Green), plus his evil brother Ma'alefa'ak J'onzz and B) his biological dad being around would make MM's supporting cast more unique among the other DC heroes, where an absent bio-dad is almost a pre-requisite for herodom. Never heard of M'yrnn J'onzz before in the comics. Is he just obscure or someone created for the show?

Sanvers Could Be in Trouble

No. Longer. Care.

I praised this show for how it handled Alex's coming out with grace and class ... then got pissed when too much of the show's focus and screentime shifted from Kara's life to the Alex/Maggie relationship. And now Maggie will be a part-timer going forward. Won't miss her. If that means more Kara, then I'm all for it.

Expect Another Crossover With The Flash

I want to see Tyler Hoechlin's Superman meet the rest of the Arrowverse.

Unless he's just going to be forced to recite how much better each and every one of the other heroes are than him. Again. In which case, don't bother.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    i have yet to watch the show whats the political statement?
    The first season seemed to at times lean a little heavily on the men are sexist as a default characterization. With defensiveness from female characters at times that screams insecurity cloaked as pushing back against misogyny.

The second season had a pro immigration theme through the alien characters. It fits the Superman mythos and felt less hamfisted.
    It also became more of an ensemble which I felt was to the series detriment.

To me, the first season overdid its political messages, the second season had more balance and finesse with its messaging

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    This has been an unashamedly leftwing show from day one, and this is very unlikely to ever change.
    When you get episode titles like "Nevertheless, She Persisted", you know what you're in for.
    Either accept this or move on.

For me, the politics of the show are almost half the atraction.

I suspect that may be a long while.
    I meant to say season 2 but could've sworn season 2 came out on dvd awhile ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I meant to say season 2 but could've sworn season 2 came out on dvd awhile ago.
    It's coming out on DVD on the 22nd of august; and I felt that the alien immigration issue was hamfisted.

Season 2 is on Netflix, along with the recent AOS
    Original join date: sometime in 2002