Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

ww stronger than superman, without weaknesses, better fighter, magic weapons, an entire island of immortal Amazons behind him but nothing happens, the op is superman, that is the thinking of the fans and worst of all, the writers (his famous excuse, it's too powerful). For years the role of superman has been reduced to being the strong one, but now that his strength is insignificant compared to that of ww, I suppose he will be the mascot of the league. I know that many will say that it is an exaggeration, but Batman is the detective and nobody moves him, flash the fast and nobody moves him, ww the warrior and nobody moves her, superman is, who knows.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    ww stronger than superman, without weaknesses, better fighter, magic weapons, an entire island of immortal Amazons behind him but nothing happens, the op is superman, that is the thinking of the fans and worst of all, the writers (his famous excuse, it's too powerful). For years the role of superman has been reduced to being the strong one, but now that his strength is insignificant compared to that of ww, I suppose he will be the mascot of the league. I know that many will say that it is an exaggeration, but Batman is the detective and nobody moves him, flash the fast and nobody moves him, ww the warrior and nobody moves her, superman is, who knows.
    No. At best she rivals him at full power with only weapons and magic, superman is still more powerful at a total level of raw power and prowess.

And maybe sex too.

BANNED

it's supposed to be stronger, but superman and a half league try and fail, ww try and consique. I do not know the others but as a superman fan, I do not feel very good, because ww shows himself as stronger than superman and nothing happens, but superman can not show himself as a better fighter. 80 years and not once has she been seen as skilled as she.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'm guessing all the posters complaining weren't around during the fallow years of, oh let's say the 1970's thru 2010ish? While she was always part of the Trinity, the single title that bore her name (whereas Supes and Bats have always had multiple titles) was consistently selling just above cancellation numbers, and she was detached from the larger DCU in many ways.

It's not WW's fault DC didn't decide to pay her any attention or give her a marketing push in the comics until *after* she starred in a gazillion dollar grossing film...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Don’t really see the problem. She’s been mishandled pretty badly by DC over long periods of time, and she deserves some cool feats to show off why she’s so important to the JL.

BANNED

to all who say that dc has mistreated ww. If she weren't a woman, she would rank above the rest of the league, to become part of the trinity.
    Last edited by NaVi; 07-15-2020 at 05:00 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Is she a great detective?
    If you mean is she good at deductive logic, then yes. She's constantly figuring out battle plans and leading multiple teams on multiple quests i.e. Justice League & Justice League Dark

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Back in the Marston run, she was often portrayed as one. At least by Golden Age standards.
    I believe she was also a secret agent

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'm guessing all the posters complaining weren't around during the fallow years of, oh let's say the 1970's thru 2010ish? While she was always part of the Trinity, the single title that bore her name (whereas Supes and Bats have always had multiple titles) was consistently selling just above cancellation numbers, and she was detached from the larger DCU in many ways.

It's not WW's fault DC didn't decide to pay her any attention or give her a marketing push in the comics until *after* she starred in a gazillion dollar grossing film...
    The complaints not that she’s getting a push atleast not mine. It’s that she is getting a push and people are pretending like she’s not. She has a lot more than other characters trying to compare her to Superman and Batman is faulty despite the Trinity thing.

1.) Batman
    2.) Batman and Superman
    3.) You could arguably put JL here but in terms of adding another individual character The Trinity. Wonder Woman or arguably even Robin.

There’s a lot of character who still haven’t gotten a solo film WW about to be getting another one. 2 animated movies, and multiple titles throughout the year/s and appearances in animation.

Spectacular Member

Yes, Wonder Woman gets a bigger push than some other characters. I'm not sure what the point of that statement is. The initial premise is that Wonder Woman is OP from a power stand point, from what I can tell because of a few articles put up by CBR. Mostly because of her being able to life a rock that the other JL members couldn't. One instance of power, that might have had a context that it was magically enchanted so only an amazon could lift it, maybe? I haven't read Justice League lately, but even if it wasn't that, it is one instance. I'm not willing to call a character "OP" on one instance.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    I prefer the Kjn's explanation: the story was placed in Themyscira and only the Amazons could move that boulder, but I think the real issue isn't the story but the articles about the story: if the "journalists" start to write things like "Coming up against the Amazonians, one specific member of the Justice League just proved why THEY should be commanding the team", "Coming up against the Amazonians, one specific member of the Justice League just proved why THEY should be commanding the team", "In Justice League, Wonder Woman just did something that the combined powers of Batman, Superman, Aquaman and the Flash couldn't do", then they are giving the idea that Wonder Woman is overpowered, even if she doesn't and in my comments I simply explained why I think DC should avoid that trap.
    It has NOTHING to do with that..
    If you read all the examples, than you see that she simply solved a situation by checking out Green Lantern directories, while the males were standing around and didnt know how to solve the situation.

On the other ocasion she explained to Batman what/who Tartarus is-an information which you find in the INTERNET!!

And I didnt even consider the PHANTOM STRANGER and GOD himself situation..

So she displayed to be SMARTER than the males together, STRONGER than the males together, DEFEATED PHANTOM STRANGER (one of DC most powerful beings!!!) and even spoke to PRESENCE himself etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    There is a litany of examples of all those characters getting out shown or outclassed by someone else (mainly Batman these days but Superman also to a lesser degree). How is this egregious when suddenly Diana does better than the men.
    Look at Jason for example...
    People complained because he was more powerful, stronger than Diana...

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Well in her latest issue she beat the Phantom Stranger and made DC's version of "GOD" back down so I would say she's somewhat OP. It seems like virtually every other character has to limited in capability, from Superman to Batman and others. But in Diana's case its the opposite, she has to be the most powerful, most capable, the best. Everyone has their weaknesses or limitations but not for Diana, and if she is shown as having any then its cries of sexism. So yeah Wonder Woman is OP, demi goddess not withstanding.
    Yes, absolutely!!!

It was even more annoying as they changed Dianas origin....and gave her Cassandras origin...

Perfect example was JASON!!!!!
    I havent read stories with him, but people criticized him, because he was stronger, more powerful than Diana..

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I haven't read the issue myself, but as I understand it, it was set in Themyscira and involved Doom's Gate or Tartarus or something similar. Ie, they were on Diana's turf.

Just see it as a Thor's hammer style of thing. Only an Amazon could move that boulder, just like Marvel Thor isn't stronger than the Hulk, even though Thor can lift the hammer while Hulk can't.
    Its kind of ok-but if

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowedeyes View Post
    Yes, Wonder Woman gets a bigger push than some other characters. I'm not sure what the point of that statement is. The initial premise is that Wonder Woman is OP from a power stand point, from what I can tell because of a few articles put up by CBR. Mostly because of her being able to life a rock that the other JL members couldn't. One instance of power, that might have had a context that it was magically enchanted so only an amazon could lift it, maybe? I haven't read Justice League lately, but even if it wasn't that, it is one instance. I'm not willing to call a character "OP" on one instance.
    READ THE OTHER ARTICLES TO!!!

1. https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-w...n-best-member/
    Here she solves EASILY a situation using her intelligence, while the male members stand around etc.
    She does it even by checking the GREEN LANTERN XENOTYPE directory, while GREEN LANTERN says that its not time for that...

2 https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-w...uld-lead-team/
    This is ok, since its battle and Wonder Woman is trained as Amazon to lead them in battle

3 https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-b...smartest-hero/
    Wonder Woman explains to Batman who/what Tartarus is!!
    THIS IS SOMETHING WHICH YOU FIND IN THE INTERNET!!!

4 Sorry, but if you are able to lift something which AQUAMAN,SUPERMAN,Batman and Flash couldnt move together you are OP..

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    DonÂ’t really see the problem. SheÂ’s been mishandled pretty badly by DC over long periods of time, and she deserves some cool feats to show off why sheÂ’s so important to the JL.
    She ALWAYS had good feats, dont know what you mean...

Demi-goddess, daughter of Zeus etc. etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    No. At best she rivals him at full power with only weapons and magic, superman is still more powerful at a total level of raw power and prowess.
    Wonder Woman is sligthly weaker than him (also DIFFICULT, because Superman can easily fly trough sun to power him up), but she is much much much much much better trained.
    Wonder Woman has NO real weakness (unlike Magic,red Sun and Kryptonite..)

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Well in her latest issue she beat the Phantom Stranger and made DC's version of "GOD" back down so I would say she's somewhat OP. It seems like virtually every other character has to limited in capability, from Superman to Batman and others. But in Diana's case its the opposite, she has to be the most powerful, most capable, the best. Everyone has their weaknesses or limitations but not for Diana, and if she is shown as having any then its cries of sexism. So yeah Wonder Woman is OP, demi goddess not withstanding.
    You're kidding, right?

There are Batman fans who resent the idea that any character is a better martial artist or detective than him. Superman fans frequently complain about him being "DC's biggest jobber" even though that more accurately describes the likes of Shazam, Captain Atom, Wonder Woman or Martian Manhunter. What has made Diana OP? Because she lifted a rock no one else did? After several years on the League of little to no impressive feats compared to Superman or Batman, this is what we consider a step too far?

If this had been a thread complaining about Batgod, certain people would be singing a different tune.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-15-2020 at 10:40 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You're kidding, right?

There are Batman fans who resent the idea that any character is a better martial artist or detective than him. Superman fans frequently complain about him being "DC's biggest jobber" even though that more accurately describes the likes of Shazam, Captain Atom, Wonder Woman or Martian Manhunter. What has made Diana OP? Because she lifted a rock no one else did? After several years on the League of little to no impressive feats compared to Superman or Batman, this is what we consider a step too far?

If this had been a thread complaining about Batgod, certain people would be singing a different tune.
    @bold Superheroes are generally part of action genre. Ofcourse people care. Jobbers is generally someone who has set fanbase that isn't big enough to have significant financial intake like batman, has Feats and generally seen as this big behemoth by fans so that there will impact to push others up when the jobber loses . Superman does that in spades. I mean, they don't have goku fight wonderwoman for a reason .Superman beating ww , shazam, captain atom or martian manhunter wouldn't do anything to the character. The reverse can help other characters.So,technically superman can be and is "dc's biggest jobber".I mean, i don't see martian manhunter actually helping push another character. Anyone can beat manhunter. But, would it help even a bit?I don't know.But, currently ww can act as jobber in the list you posted better than Superman can.But,that would be stupid. she has movies coming out. So, yeah! Superman is the best jobber dc's got.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-16-2020 at 12:19 AM.

You're kidding, right?

Singing a different tune if this thread was about Batman? Umm, have we been reading 2 entirely different forums?

People, even fans of Batman, complain about his Batgod feats all the damn time, OTOH Wonder Woman is placed on a pedestal and if anything her fans want her to be more powerful.

Most Batman fans want him to be less powerful, not as smart, not as competent, etc. Just look at his forum where there are constant threads with people saying they prefer one version of Batman over another because one wasn't as strong. People always say they prefer the Batman: TAS version to the JL/U version because he wasn't as OP in TAS.

I've never heard a Wonder Woman fan say they liked a weaker version specifically because they weren't as OP. And obviously there are other reasons people like TAS Batman more than his JL counterpart but they almost always mention how him being weaker and more fallible made them like him more.

Let's not turn this into a "which character gets more complaints" competition because Bruce would win in a landslide, the only characters who'd even come close are Superman, Joker and Harley. Wonder Woman is like Dick Grayson in the way she's practically deified and beloved by the majority of the forum, this one thread's got nothing on the avalanche of hate and criticism Bruce gets on a daily basis.
    Last edited by The True Detective; 07-16-2020 at 12:19 AM.

Mighty Member

You're kidding, right?

Show me these fans....

I have never seen them...All Batman Fans have accepted that (at least) Cassandra Cain and Shiva are better martial artist than he is..

YOU SHOULD SIMPLY READ!!!!

1. https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-w...n-best-member/
    Here she solves EASILY a situation using her intelligence, while the male members stand around etc.
    She does it even by checking the GREEN LANTERN XENOTYPE directory, while GREEN LANTERN says that its not time for that...

2 https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-w...uld-lead-team/
    This is ok, since its battle and Wonder Woman is trained as Amazon to lead them in battle

3 https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-b...smartest-hero/
    Wonder Woman explains to Batman who/what Tartarus is!!
    THIS IS SOMETHING WHICH YOU FIND IN THE INTERNET!!!

4 Sorry, but if you are able to lift something which AQUAMAN,SUPERMAN,Batman and Flash couldnt move together you are OP..

The only time I remember Fans complaining was JASON!!!

Many Wonder Woman Fans dont like him, because he, as male, is shown as superior to her...
    Another time was that Power Girl is STRONGER than Diana..

Sorry, but NO!!!!! the only times I remember were when Diana might have been outclassed by her brother JASON and when she was outclassed in terms of strength by POWER GIRL.
    Last edited by Masterff; 07-16-2020 at 12:23 AM.

BANNED

ww is a character that does not sell, does not do it now or 80 years ago, a character with the greatest achievement is being a woman, for some reason, he is part of the trinity, but aquaman with the same achievements as ww but man, is a joke. WW: superman physical level, best metahuman fighter, magic weapons, no weakness, not op. Superman: WW physical level, a useless fighter, arguably the worst in DC, 20 weaknesses and more and more every day, unarmed, the weakest mind in the comics (the character who has been controlled most of the time), Superman is op. WW is the darling of fans and DC (first part of my comment).
    Last edited by NaVi; 07-16-2020 at 06:59 AM.