Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Usagi Yojimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Huh, so on the Groo panel Stan Sakai gives a few more tidbits of information about this series. Apparently it's not just sit in a futuristic landscape, but rather it's a timeline that continues from the Martian invasion in the comic series Senso! The original Usagi will also appear in the series in some form. Flashbacks? Time travel? I have no idea. Apparently Stan has final approval over everything, from character designs to story, so that's cool!
    That's interesting that it's using Senso as canon, but I guess that might explain some of the futuristic elements of the setting since Feudal Japan had to adapt after fending off an alien invasion.

I would assume we'll see Usagi in flashbacks as Yuichi tries to follow in his footsteps.

Huh, so on the Groo panel Stan Sakai gives a few more tidbits of information about this series. Apparently it's not just sit in a futuristic landscape, but rather it's a timeline that continues from the Martian invasion in the comic series Senso! The original Usagi will also appear in the series in some form. Flashbacks? Time travel? I have no idea. Apparently Stan has final approval over everything, from character designs to story, so that's cool!
    That's interesting that it's using Senso as canon, but I guess that might explain some of the futuristic elements of the setting since Feudal Japan had to adapt after fending off an alien invasion.

I would assume we'll see Usagi in flashbacks as Yuichi tries to follow in his footsteps.

Tom Luth is retiring. He's been the cover colorist since the beginning of the series and has done the interior colors since the switch from black and white a year ago. His last issue will be #14.

I have to say, the consistency of having colorist all these years set the template for how Usagi should look in color, making the recent transition almost seamless. The imprint he left on the book will continue long after.

Tom Luth is retiring. He's been the cover colorist since the beginning of the series and has done the interior colors since the switch from black and white a year ago. His last issue will be #14.

I have to say, the consistency of having colorist all these years set the template for how Usagi should look in color, making the recent transition almost seamless. The imprint he left on the book will continue long after.
    Do you have a link to the news? That's a damn shame he's retiring because his work has served to highlight the series for sure.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

^ Tom posted it on his Facebook, Stan reposted it and elucidated on the dojoboard.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&__tn__=%2AW-R

Usagi/Chibi Usagi FCBD issue out today!