Page 334 of 347 FirstFirst ... 234284324330331332333334335336337338344 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 5196

You gotta give him credit, if this were Waid or anybody else writing, they wouldn't care about anything that happened in the other books and just do their own thing, but he's been able to connect all these seemingly separate pieces surprisingly well, and it's very good to see a nice balance between all the characters, even so early.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Zub is really proving himself as a writer over in Champions and he is aware of Miles' abilities. He won't be in issues #22 or #23 but he'll be back in issue #24 which will be focused on hi.
    https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1015109543108530176
    Honestly I'm impressed with the overall quality that these new creative teams have been putting into this Marvel "Fresh Start" initiative. I have some pretty high hopes for Miles when his solo returns.

Yeah, I don't envy trying to keep track of eight characters stories at once. Especially since at the moment only one of them has a solo.
    Well fortunately for Zub he'll most likely only have to keep track of Kamala and Miles when his solo starts up again. As far as I know he kinda has some free reign with the rest, especially with Amka, Viv, and Sam. Not sure about Amadeus or Riri since there might be a chance for them to get solos again.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Well fortunately for Zub he'll most likely only have to keep track of Kamala and Miles when his solo starts up again. As far as I know he kinda has some free reign with the rest, especially with Amka, Viv, and Sam. Not sure about Amadeus or Riri since there might be a chance for them to get solos again.
    Nadia is getting her book back again. I also get the feeling that Amadeus may wind up with his own book again as well, and that we may get another go at a Novas book.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Yeah, they created a logo for Brawn, why bother just for a cover intro? Ironheart had a logo created for her solo debut, but the trades for that era of Iron Man actually used it too.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Hell of a continuity snarl there. I don't envy him trying to sort that all out chronologically lol
    It's actually fairly simple. Infinity Countdown: Champions takes place at the same time as Planet Hulk II in Amadeus's book, it's why he wasn't answering when Viv phoned him, he was off world. Kamala actually knew that (see the final issue of Totally Awesome Hulk), if she'd bothered to check. Avengers No Surrender must be just before that as Amadeus was still Hulk in Avengers 689 (though 675 had an art error by showing Cyclops with the Champions instead of Ironheart - we can handwave the then-yet-to-be-introduced Amka's absence as her still settling in at the Visions' residence). Infinity Countdown Champions and issues 22 and 23 take place at the same time as Spider-Man 240 (though Cyclops should've been Wasp in that issue and the previous one). The latter issues are also after the Ant-Man and the Wasp mini (because that starts during Infinity Countdown), and after World War Hulk II, at the end of which Amadeus transformed from Hulk to Brawn.

And yes, Ant-Man and the Wasp #3 actually has Nadia say to herself "you're a Champion, you're an Avenger", so that's definitely after Champions 18 and before Avengers 675, meaning she was on both teams briefly.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-06-2018 at 08:57 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Nicolas age has been confirmed to be playing Spider-Man Noir in the movie.
    http://collider.com/spider-man-into-...-nicolas-cage/

I'm very curious to see what Noir role will be in the film as he's more of a serious character.

I can't imagine it'd be much more than a cameo. If that leaked list is all the spiders we're getting he's certainly the one that sticks out the most. Maybe they'll adapt that scene from "Sitting in a Tree" when Miles and Gwen accidentally hopped into his universe for a bit but with Peter too and they'll do something there for a minute.

After watching Infinity War, I'm considering watching Homecoming. I still hate the fact that they used a lot of Miles' source material, and I honestly try not to think about it.

I'm curious, as Miles fans, how did it impact your enjoyment of Homecoming, if it did at all, or if you even decided to watch it?
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

I still haven't watched it and probably never will, I just can't see "Ned" and not get incredibly annoyed. They blatantly took Ganke who is one of the most important members of Miles' small cast of supporting characters just to give Peter a relationship he's never even needed before. To me at least, showed a lot of disrespect towards Miles and a lack of faith in Peter. Peter has almost sixty years of stories and supporting cast to choose from or to re-imagine (like they did with Flash) there was no reason to take from a character that hasn't even been around a decade. And honestly one of the worst things is if Ganke, or any of the other things they took, is in the movie average people will think it ripped off homecoming which will put me in a super sour mood because the entire situation could have easily been avoided.

It's bad enough that they used Ganke for Peter instead of Miles, but the kicker was that he was given Ned Leeds' name.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It didn't bother me at all, because I could separate this Homecoming Spider-Man/Peter as its own thing and enjoy it as its own movie. Yeah, "Ned" obviously just being Ganke was an odd thing at first, but I didn't mind it because I liked these two characters interacting with each other and their chemistry, it was one of the best parts of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Askia View Post
    I'm curious, as Miles fans, how did it impact your enjoyment of Homecoming, if it did at all, or if you even decided to watch it?
    It bothered me a little, and still bothers me. It just seemed unnecessary, a disservice to both Peter and Miles, and disingenuous if you're going to take elements from Miles and then throw them onto Peter.

Holland and Batalon had good chemistry, but that didn't get rid of my negative feelings towards the whole "Ned" thing.
    I still haven't watched it and probably never will, I just can't see "Ned" and not get incredibly annoyed. They blatantly took Ganke who is one of the most important members of Miles' small cast of supporting characters just to give Peter a relationship he's never even needed before. To me at least, showed a lot of disrespect towards Miles and a lack of faith in Peter. Peter has almost sixty years of stories and supporting cast to choose from or to re-imagine (like they did with Flash) there was no reason to take from a character that hasn't even been around a decade. And honestly one of the worst things is if Ganke, or any of the other things they took, is in the movie average people will think it ripped off homecoming which will put me in a super sour mood because the entire situation could have easily been avoided.
    Agreed.

I really hate the idea that Ganke might not be in the Into the Spider-Verse film because of "Ned."

I think the thing that annoyed me the most is that they did it for Peter. I love Peter as much as Miles and recognize that Miles wouldn't be anywhere without him but that's what makes me wonder was it really necessary? Peter isn't hurting for good stories or supporting cast members so why hurt the already limited story-telling potential of a fairly new character? If they took Ganke and added him to another character's supporting cast it would've still annoyed me but less so but the fact that it was done for Peter feels like the rich stealing from the poor.

Yea, I agree. I'm going to pass.
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

Quote Originally Posted by The Other SpiderMan View Post
    I think the thing that annoyed me the most is that they did it for Peter. I love Peter as much as Miles and recognize that Miles wouldn't be anywhere without him but that's what makes me wonder was it really necessary? Peter isn't hurting for good stories or supporting cast members so why hurt the already limited story-telling potential of a fairly new character? If they took Ganke and added him to another character's supporting cast it would've still annoyed me but less so but the fact that it was done for Peter feels like the rich stealing from the poor.
    Yeah, if they wanted a character to fulfill the role that "Ned" did in the movie, there were other options then just taking a character associated with Miles and slapping a new name on him.