Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Call me a hypocrite but I’ll take Midnighter. He’s cool and he’s LGBT which the Superfamily currently does not have anyone else representing that community.
    In moderation I'm fine with it, but I fear he'll just become Clark's detective resource because Clark's a big dummy who doesn't know how to do his job or talk to Lois apparently.

For good or ill, I don't like adding other protagonists to heroes supporting casts if it means marginalizing the actual supporting cast.

Call me a hypocrite but I’ll take Midnighter. He’s cool and he’s LGBT which the Superfamily currently does not have anyone else representing that community.
    So I'm the only one that thinks he looks out of place in metropolis? I do appreciate the lgbt element, but I wish it came from a superhero thatbfit in more with Superman and metropolis. Heck, I've heard the suggestion of Conner and Tim Drake becoming a couple and I'm really starting to dig the idea.

Natasha irons is gay, and awesome
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    She and her dad need more page time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    She and her dad need more page time.
    So who are we throwing under the bus to get them that page time, because unless we increase the page count exponentially someone has to get the short end of the stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    So who are we throwing under the bus to get them that page time, because unless we increase the page count exponentially someone has to get the short end of the stick.
    Batman and Midnighter for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    So I'm the only one that thinks he looks out of place in metropolis? I do appreciate the lgbt element, but I wish it came from a superhero thatbfit in more with Superman and metropolis. Heck, I've heard the suggestion of Conner and Tim Drake becoming a couple and I'm really starting to dig the idea.
    Midnighter not being an obvious fit is exactly why I like the idea. I hate how the Superfamily has been slowly forced into becoming copies of Clark, from Kara going into journalism, to Kon living with the Kents and going to school in Smallville, to Jon literally becoming his father.

Midnighter not being an obvious fit is exactly why I like the idea. I hate how the Superfamily has been slowly forced into becoming copies of Clark, from Kara going into journalism, to Kon living with the Kents and going to school in Smallville, to Jon literally becoming his father.
    Yeah this is a real problem. It's why I kind of want Kon to go full rebel/ironic social media superhero/heart throb kind of like he was in Reign of the Supermen.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Forgot that, fair point, but sadly neither Natasha nor Irons have gotten much love lately.

Midnighter will be a backup in the Superbooks come March. Looks like they’re planning to integrate him into the Metropolis family.
    Why not Apollo, though? Because he'd be more redundant?

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

I agree. Also regarding Jon; he's an anomaly and I feel like they need to lean into that. He was literally born as a result of multiversal/temporal interference by a multiversal Brainiac, had his history changed by Mr. Mxyzptlk and he's spent a good chunk of his life on Earth 3. I say let Jon have his perspective and personality be shaped by these truly unique experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why not Apollo, though? Because he'd be more redundant?
    Yeah, he’d be redundant. I mean what’s really his deal, he’s always just been Middy’s boyfriend/husband in everything I’ve read. At best he’d just be gay Superman who kills. At worst he’d be gay Superman with nothing else to bring to the table beyond his sexuality. Middy brings his hyperviolence, his trash talk, his darker tone, and his irreverent attitude in addition to his sexuality, all of which could be fun especially playing off Clark.

Yeah, he’d be redundant. I mean what’s really his deal, he’s always just been Middy’s boyfriend/husband in everything I’ve read. At best he’d just be gay Superman who kills. At worst he’d be gay Superman with nothing else to bring to the table beyond his sexuality. Middy brings his hyperviolence, his trash talk, his darker tone, and his irreverent attitude in addition to his sexuality, all of which could be fun especially playing off Clark.
    Maybe Apollo can pop up in the Bat-Books ?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    I agree. Also regarding Jon; he's an anomaly and I feel like they need to lean into that. He was literally born as a result of multiversal/temporal interference by a multiversal Brainiac, had his history changed by Mr. Mxyzptlk and he's spent a good chunk of his life on Earth 3. I say let Jon have his perspective and personality be shaped by these truly unique experiences.
    You'll probably be happy to learn that this is literally going to be the take going forward for Jon under PKJ's pen. They even make reference to it starting as early as the Jon and Clark story in the upcoming Infinite Frontier book.

Apparently the idea is that he's lived such an outrageous and potentially messed up life since moment 1 that he's now somewhat of a "man out of time" with a feeling of "no anchor", and it's no small feat that he has himself as put together as he does now, but a part of him is forever "searching"
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I just don't want all that leather in a Superman comic. IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND??!!