Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Great job ChadH. And thanks to K7 for the vote
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Congrats ChadH and thanks Iron Maiden for the vote!

I was considering this cover but since black is the absence of color, technically it doesn't count. Right?

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

I was considering this cover but since black is the absence of color, technically it doesn't count. Right?
    That's not true, here.

That would only be the case in Physics (i.e. Outter Space). Artistically, White is the absence of color. Black is the presence of all of them.

A point I made in my entry this week.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Congrats ChadH!

And thanks for the votes Chad and icctrombone

Congrats ChadH and thanks for the vote Major Hoy!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Each cover would have deserved a mention or some attention… I suppose there are greater injustices in this world…
    Yeah, it's no biggy. I liked the artwork on the cover I chose, that's good enough for me.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

What a nice surprise! Thanks folks!
    I’ll start a new contest tonight after work.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I would say it’s black and white contrast but it must be my conventional side…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Since the winner has spoken, here’s the cover I would have liked to post for the contest:

I thought to use it as an example too, but decided to let someone use it, possibly…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I hope my comments aren't taken badly. Sometimes I'm too honest for my own good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I hope my comments aren't taken badly. Sometimes I'm too honest for my own good.
    Not at all. Your comments are generally overwhelmingly positive so when any criticism is expressed, it's a sentiment that has merit. This thread is a huge source of good will and camaraderie. You fit in well and I am glad you post and take part.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Not at all. Your comments are generally overwhelmingly positive so when any criticism is expressed, it's a sentiment that has merit. This thread is a huge source of good will and camaraderie. You fit in well and I am glad you post and take part.
    Thank you.

I’m not offended. I’ve been known to speak my mind on occasion.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I kinda thought my cover would have gotten at least one vote or mention. I'll say congrats to ChadH, though to be honest, I thought his cover was more a washed out collection of complementary colors than a study in color contrast. Though I can see why it got so many votes.
    Well, given that I'm happy whenever I get any votes…

One thing I've noted is that a lot of times the winning cover is slightly different than the other ones in some way, by interpreting the theme in a novel way. But it's seldom that bringing it up to 11 works.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])