Page 39 of 191 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Very nice collection! Are those billy or kallax shelves? I just got the keys to my new house and im still deciding which one I want.
    I just bought a kallax shelf last week and couldn't be happier. It's perfect for absolutes and omnis.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Very nice collection! Are those billy or kallax shelves? I just got the keys to my new house and im still deciding which one I want.
    I prefer Billy, you can adjust it... so you can actually shelve big books like Wednesday comics and the like.
    Or since you are Dutch like me, I recently bought ''Moebius Arzak'' from Oog & Blik and ddb ''de Gouden Jaren Mickey Mouse'' and those don't fit in kallax either.

Quote Originally Posted by Wollodrin View Post
    I prefer Billy, you can adjust it... so you can actually shelve big books like Wednesday comics and the like.
    Or since you are Dutch like me, I recently bought ''Moebius Arzak'' from Oog & Blik and ddb ''de Gouden Jaren Mickey Mouse'' and those don't fit in kallax either.
    That's a good point, but couldn't a person buy a smaller Billy just for books of that type? I don't own either, but I think I would prefer a Kallax for the majority of my collection. The ability to do two rows if I wanted to is appealing. Great collections being posted. It scares me to see how much content Marvel or DC has that you would need multiple shelves just to collect everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wollodrin View Post
    The problem with Billy and comics is that you can't put too many Absolutes, OHC or Omniboo on the large ones. they are perfect for TPB, Cd's, Mangas but as soon as you put weight on them, it will look bad...really bad. So either you take the smaller ones or you don't put too much weight on it. I got rid of my Billys because of the cheap production quality. Doesn't work for my OHC collection.
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

yeah, I have a bunch (12) of the smaller (40 cm) Billy's myself, I used to have 2 of the wider ones but they sag really quickly.

Here's my collection.Started buying Omnis and OHC's 2013 to replace my TP collection

Quote Originally Posted by Starbrand View Post
    Wow, very nice collection for that period. But how did you find that Inferno Omnibus? :-)
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Love it, love it, love it. Too much Marvel for me, but for display it's pure awesomness. That's why this thread is my favourite one.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    The problem with Billy and comics is that you can't put too many Absolutes, OHC or Omniboo on the large ones. they are perfect for TPB, Cd's, Mangas but as soon as you put weight on them, it will look bad...really bad. So either you take the smaller ones or you don't put too much weight on it. I got rid of my Billys because of the cheap production quality. Doesn't work for my OHC collection.
    I just get the small billy shelves, filled with heavy books and a glass door.
    Looks better than the kallax I got for sure.

nice collection starbrand. all of those red marvel logos good with that red shelf.

Starbrand, your collection is awesome! I love so much the way your books look in your library!

Congrats Starbrand! Death to all paperbacks!
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Whats wrong with paperbacks that they need to die?

Quote Originally Posted by Penoy View Post
    Whats wrong with paperbacks that they need to die?
    Oh nothing it's always fun to see people switching reading formats.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor