Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Now we need to be rid of Bob Harras as well. Let's hope the DCU will start getting back to form as the most of the pre-New 52 DC is starting to come back. I'd keep an eye on Brian Bendis, though due to his resume.

BANNED

I don't like it when someone loses their job when they were good at their job and didn't deserve to lose it, or when bad circumstances just cause it to happen. I won't shed any tears for Dan DiDio. He sucked and it's well past time he took a hike.

I don't believe Geoff Johns or Dan Jurgens would be good choices to run the company. They are too much of old heads in comics.

I am happy to hear that DC will not be catering to or focusing on the direct market. That whole system has run its course and it's time to find a new, efficient way to deliver product to readers.That news is just as good as hearing DiDio is gone.

I found this interesting (apparently the second tweet is deleted now)
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Amazing Member

Hmm.. I can't imagine Jim Lee being in charge solo. Also, that 5G business sounds like a horrible mistake and its going to be handed into someone's lap, stepping into cold? Seems harsh.
    Last edited by Serving Size; 02-21-2020 at 07:00 PM.

BANNED

I'm hoping that 5G stuff is just axed. It's a terrible idea and will not work. Actually, I wonder if it has something to do with DiDio's firing.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

Who could he even be referring to? Most of DC's big names hardly use twitter. And the news just happened today..

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    How many months before we notice any differences, for better or worse?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    6 months.

1 year to everything being completely different.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Who could he even be referring to? Most of DC's big names hardly use twitter. And the news just happened today..
    And it happened on the standard dumping day of news, a Friday. Most people in nerd culture is going to be paying attention to toy news this weekend in any case.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    A lot of people have reacted so far. But suspiciously absent reactions? Geoff Johns, Jim Lee, and Bob Harras have't said a word. Or Bendis for that matter.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

I'm genuinely more interested in those Quantum and Woody tweets he's making.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Okay... What I'm going to say here is not gonna sound like something I usually do (mostly).

Dan Didio did a lot of good things. He kept DC afloat at times when DC had no business being afloat. Under his tenure some of my fav characters were created.

I interviewed him once, face to face, and I could say that he was really, really passionate about what he was doing, at least.

I do not agree with his vision of the DCU. I can't say he will be missed, as his biases really screwed things up for me.

But he did his best, and for that, he gets my respect.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I'm hoping that 5G stuff is just axed. It's a terrible idea and will not work. Actually, I wonder if it has something to do with DiDio's firing.
    5G is a perfect example of creators being bankrupt of ideas and blaming the characters for poor sales.

There is a place for diverse characters in comics. But I don't know of many current fans that want to see someone other than Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne as Superman and Batman, respectively.

Then again, maybe that makes those current fans part of the bigger problem with the industry as a whole...?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Okay... What I'm going to say here is not gonna sound like something I usually do (mostly).

Dan Didio did a lot of good things. He kept DC afloat at times when DC had no business being afloat. Under his tenure some of my fav characters were created.

I interviewed him once, face to face, and I could say that he was really, really passionate about what he was doing, at least.

I do not agree with his vision of the DCU. I can't say he will be missed, as his biases really screwed things up for me.

But he did his best, and for that, he gets my respect.
    I think this is a good summation of Didio.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Now we need to be rid of Bob Harras as well.
    If Jim Lee continues to be co-publisher it would only consolidate him and Harras's position.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 02-21-2020 at 07:12 PM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Anyone else wish they just never messed with the Post-Crisis?
    I wish they'd never messed with the *PRE*-COIE.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I wish they'd never messed with the *PRE*-COIE.

Truth be told, the least convoluted version of the DCU is definitely the pre-Crisis incarnation. There's almost no disputing it at this point.