Page 712 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 212612662702708709710711712713714715716722762812 ... LastLast
Results 10,666 to 10,680 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Pete and Amy dropping out is bad for Bernie. States he was going win tomorrow are now going to go to Biden.

I'm 99% sure that Texas will now go to Biden.
    Looks even more likely that Bernie wins Minnesota and he has a pretty safe margin in Texas polls.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Interesting. On Feb 1st that same person (@rickd95) wrote:
    Whenever I start coming around to the idea of Bernie as my # 2 this kind of **** happens and I’m reminded how much his supporters drive me nuts #PeteForAmerica #TeamPete
    [he then shares a video of Sanders supporting booing woman of colour saying they like Hillary]
    https://twitter.com/rickd95/status/1223631071981510656

Also from Kodi Feb 24th (man, that didn't take long, lol)
    These comments are exactly why I have a hard time trying to like Bernie. I mean, I can’t blame Bernie... but I don’t like this side of politics.
    [THE COMMENT HE QUOTED: And hey @PeteButtigieg, try to not be so smug when you just got your ass kicked. You know how we form a winning coalition to beat Trump? With a true multi-racial coalition of working Americans: something @BernieSanders has proven he can do + you haven’t. Dude, show some humility]
    https://twitter.com/KodiGaddis/statu...58415279484928

Even if they are going to Bernie's side, one wonders how loyal they'll be (and if their tweets will actually manifest in bothering to go out on the day), considering both had such disdain for Bernie Bros
    (SIDE NOTE: I swear I've seen people share the image/text from the tweet directly, how did they do that???)
    They complained about Bernie supporters but now they are supporting Bernie in the primary.

That's some people are doing when there are other Democrats for them to support. More proof that most of the supporters of other candidates will support Bernie in the general if he's the nominee.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Looks even more likely that Bernie wins Minnesota and he has a pretty safe margin in Texas polls.
    Yup there’s a lot of early voting done. My father is furious because he voted for Amy in Massachusetts already

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Minnesota is Bernie's to lose now but I'm not going to get my hopes up about Texas.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

What does everyone think should happen at a brokered convention?

Should the person with the most delegates get the nomination?
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Extraordinary Member

The person leading should win the nom and if they don’t Trump won

Edit: and I say that assuming Biden has a strong shot at being that person.

Astonishing Member

Here's an interesting video about it
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I thought I was clear in my last post. I was being bitchy, intentionally disrespectful, because I think your pearl clutching over ‘queer’ is laughable. I don’t care about the supposed rules of a mythical lgbt community. Is that honest enough for you? You can step down from your rainbow soapbox.
    Ah, we're making progress. You admit to being intentionally disrespectful. You admit to not respecting labels. You admit to not caring about labels in the community. I may not support your views (I don't think many liberal minded people would), but I do at-least toff my hat that you're finally being honest about it. If you're going to be intentionally disrespectful, it's good to not lie about it.

Which then brings us too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    ‘gleefully mislabels LGBT+ people’
    Honey, I jokingly called you (a gay man) queer *gasp*
    Admittedly, it was bitchy and I’m sorry but you can drop the narrative that I’m some monster who uses the wrong gender pronouns for shits and giggles.
    Thank-you for justifying my earlier gif, and now...

WOAH! Another before Super Tuesday??? Now this... I was not expecting. (then again I wasn't expecting Buttigieg to drop out either ). But to also endorse Biden (am I right in saying Mayor Pete has yet to do that?); interesssssting.

They complained about Bernie supporters but now they are supporting Bernie in the primary.

That's some people are doing when there are other Democrats for them to support. More proof that most of the supporters of other candidates will support Bernie in the general if he's the nominee.
    I suppose I was highlighting that the two best examples you had were from flipfloppers. Not die hard Buttigieg supporters. I do think if Bernie is the nominee a lot of those unhappy with his supporters will still go and hold their nose at the polls to stop Trump. My issue has always been WILL IT BE ENOUGH of them? Will these antics keep enough away, OR will these antics on the day be the "meh" feeling that makes people not bother going to vote at all.

But I'm feeling nice today, so I'll throw you a bone... I have no problem with Sanders AS A PERSON. I don't agree with most of his views, but I like a leader with conviction (even if I disagree) over someone who seems to have no real view (what's his name, the husband of the ketchup queen who ran against Bush the second time... my god, he didn't have a single conviction in his body). My issue has always been "what about Sanders attracts such hateful loyalists, in a number greater than is usual in political online debate?"

Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 03-02-2020 at 12:27 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

I agree with Knight, the person leading should get the nom. The margin would have to become ridiculously narrow for any other tactic.

Bernie is the front-runner and I believe he will stay that way at least after tomorrow. Then we see what the coalescing of the other candidates means. I know a lot of polls say Bernie is a second choice, but we'll see if that plays out on ballots.

Warren may stay in for the odds of a contested convention and being seen as the compromise candidate. (Also not good for Bernie)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    People are so mad at Bernie that they are choosing Flav over Chuck lol and acting like they aren’t grown ass men who can conduct their own business. Congrats you all hit rock bottom
    Stop misrepresenting people claiming they are "choosing" Flav over Chuck -- the point is that Public Enemy shouldn't be divided over Sanders.

This kind of lying nonsense is exactly why it's a waste of time to discuss things with Sanders' supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    This kind of lying nonsense is exactly why it's a waste of time to discuss things with Sanders' supporters.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Pete and Amy both endorsing Biden.

Even Bill Murray Tweeted that he is switching his vote from Warren to Biden because he thinks Biden stands the best chance to win.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

The day before Super Tuesday, Mike Bloomberg is taking his foot off the gas on Facebook ad spending. Yesterday, Bloomberg launched hundreds of new Facebook ads. Today, he’s only launched a handful, totaling only a few hundred dollars.
    https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/stat...405134338?s=20

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Imagine thinking I care that someone who I blocked and haven’t exchanged with over month thinks that it’s a waste of time to talk to me. Yeah no **** it is, I’m not talking back.