Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Just came across this video which ended with an interesting idea. What if instead of having a new superhero name, they just brought her back as 'Linda Danvers, ex-Supergirl/superhero' the way Marvel has handled Jessica Jones and Luke Cage?

Basically I'm up for any idea that brings Linda back into the fold with her history mostly intact.
    A good summary. Also nice he pointed out the insulting presentation of her in the Reign in Hell mini.

Yes, it would be great to have her back with all her background.

I came a cross a fan fic wiki page where she gets a new codename (Seraph) and a new look:
    https://dcfanfiction.fandom.com/wiki/Linda_Danvers

The look and backstory isn't really what I'd do, but I think Seraph would be the perfect codename for Linda. It ties into the angel theme and the S gives a nod to the Super-family.

Extraordinary Member

Here's another fanfic idea. What if Linda was in Smallville the show? How would she be introduced? What would her role be? What would her relationship with Clark be like? Would such an idea interest anyone?

Also would like to hear if people liked or disliked the stories I posted on the previous page. It could liven up the discussion here. I'd like to be able to discuss my thought process on some the decisions I made or which scenes I really liked when writing them I've finally made some decent headway on my 'episode 7.'

Extraordinary Member

I finally got episode 7 done. Unfortunately it seems I can't get to my fanfiction.net account to update it there. Been too long. Anyways, here it is. https://classiccomics.org/thread/670...show-episode-7

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    PAD is nothing if not blunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    PAD is nothing if not blunt.
    I like his quote regarding DC re-introducing the character "Honestly, no. I'd be afraid they'd screw it up." They did end up screwing up the most recent version of the Kara Zor-El Supergirl in the comic books. And then cancelled it.

Extraordinary Member

He's not wrong about the danger of bringing Linda back and doing it in the wrong manner, but I think a good writer who is passionate about the character could do her justice. He wasn't the only writer in all of DC to write her well during late 90s and early 2000s

He's not wrong about the danger of bringing Linda back and doing it in the wrong manner, but I think a good writer who is passionate about the character could do her justice. He wasn't the only writer in all of DC to write her well during late 90s and early 2000s
    This.

I love his bluntness sometimes, but he can be quite rude too. They way he talks about the cover artist there...
    Also, Blond Justice sounds bad.

Thanks for sharing!

I like how he does not sugarcoat anything. Its not like those responsible made a cute booboo that could easily be whisked away; they took the potential future of that series & spinoffs and royally done fd it up.

And his fears are not unfounded considering the proven track record; be it as Osiris pointed out the current og Supergirl or back then the Linda nod in Reign in Hell.

Extraordinary Member

Reign in Hell made no sense, and I frankly think Kara might not be possible to 'get right.' I've never seen a version of her that I liked.

I do have to wonder why it was decided that Linda should just walk away and not be heard from again when her series was cancelled. Even if she no longer starred in her own book she could have continued to appear as a supporting character. When Steel was cancelled in 1998 the character joined the JLA. Was that PAD's decision that he should have the final say with her or because he wanted no one else to use her while he was writing Fallen Angel? Was it an editorial decision? How permanent was it meant to be at the time? I remember reading that Dan Didio, who I blame for so much of what went wrong at DC in the 2000s, made the decision to get rid of Linda because he didn't like her bio at the que of a Six Flags Superman rollercoaster. I don't know if that's true or when it would have taken place, I think after the series ended. But if it is true then that might just be the dumbest reason for an editorial decision in comics history.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    This.

I love his bluntness sometimes, but he can be quite rude too. They way he talks about the cover artist there...
    Also, Blond Justice sounds bad.
    Well, the name sounds like a spin-off from Young Justice which he also wrote at the time - why wouldn't a Kara/Linda/Karen book just be called Supergirls?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well, the name sounds like a spin-off from Young Justice which he also wrote at the time - why wouldn't a Kara/Linda/Karen book just be called Supergirls?
    It was not the richest but I really do not think the name was the make or break there. That could have easily be changed.

Reign in Hell made no sense, and I frankly think Kara might not be possible to 'get right.' I've never seen a version of her that I liked.

I do have to wonder why it was decided that Linda should just walk away and not be heard from again when her series was cancelled. Even if she no longer starred in her own book she could have continued to appear as a supporting character. When Steel was cancelled in 1998 the character joined the JLA. Was that PAD's decision that he should have the final say with her or because he wanted no one else to use her while he was writing Fallen Angel? Was it an editorial decision? How permanent was it meant to be at the time? I remember reading that Dan Didio, who I blame for so much of what went wrong at DC in the 2000s, made the decision to get rid of Linda because he didn't like her bio at the que of a Six Flags Superman rollercoaster. I don't know if that's true or when it would have taken place, I think after the series ended. But if it is true then that might just be the dumbest reason for an editorial decision in comics history.
    I think for some characters it might be best for them to simply be put in limbo after their series ends if only so stuff like Linda's depiction in Reign in Hell doesn't happen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I think for some characters it might be best for them to simply be put in limbo after their series ends if only so stuff like Linda's depiction in Reign in Hell doesn't happen.
    Reign in Hell could only happen as it did because she was put in Limbo. If she'd been kept around at the very least they'd have been forced to come up with an explanation for the changes, if not write her entirely differently.