View Poll Results: How many stars would you rate this issue?

Voters
392. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

261 66.58%
  • ★★★★

92 23.47%
  • ★★★

25 6.38%
  • ★★

4 1.02%
  • 10 2.55%
Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

On a lighter note, should Charles change his code name to "X-Head"? or maybe "X-Egg"?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    So are several of the characters. But we have one character acting decidedly different from the norm and perpetually masked.

Also given the opening scene with what looked like Cyclops and Jean Grey coming out of tubes...I can think of a character that was obsessed with cloning Cyclops and Jean...
    Yes.The character is acting different. But the character is Charles Xavier. After all the promotion of Xavier coming back & notes/director's cut from Hickman no way in hell that's someone else(sinister). That's too much of a gamble to play.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    On a lighter note, should Charles change his code name to "X-Head"? or maybe "X-Egg"?
    I call him Maker-X or X-maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Speaking of Magneto.

When the ambassador said "Do you know what you sound like?" and he answered "I do! And it feels good to finally say it".

At first I thought about Hitler. But Magneto would never admit it.

So it must be Malcom X?
    This was the one line in the book I didn't understand. I too thought Hitler at first, but agree that he'd never say that. I don't love the MLK/Malcolm X comparison for Xavier and Magneto, but that's not to say Hickman wouldn't go there since it's brought up so often.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Yes.The character is acting different. But the character is Charles Xavier. After all the promotion of Xavier coming back & notes/director's cut from Hickman no way in hell that's someone else(sinister). That's too much of a gamble to play.
    I agree. To be honest I do think this is Charles, BUT, I can see the possibility of this Xavier being someone else and using his helmet to protect himself against other Telepaths. Because let's be honest, Xavier is, no doubt, one of the strongest Telepaths, but in a domain with people like Jean, Emma, the 5 in 1, Quentin and apparently even Exodus (by the look of that one cover) I don't see someone like Sinister actually messing with them so easily.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    There is a big difference although visually it is subtle. With a visor at eye level, you know where his eyes are. You can humanize him more.

Covering your eyes completely like Xavier is more dehumanizing. The eyes are of the utmost importance in human nonverbal communication, that is why we have such large sclerae, unlike other animals.

Why do you think designs like Alien have no eyes?
    Xavier? You mentioned Daredevil in the post I quoted. I was saying I see no difference between Scott and Matt

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post
    This was the one line in the book I didn't understand. I too thought Hitler at first, but agree that he'd never say that. I don't love the MLK/Malcolm X comparison for Xavier and Magneto, but that's not to say Hickman wouldn't go there since it's brought up so often.
    I thought he meant god. 'It feels good to finally say it..... You have new gods now'.

So worth noting that this issue confirmed that Vulcan is alive again. Looks like poor Havok is back to number 3 as far as the Summers brothers go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I thought he meant god. 'It feels good to finally say it..... You have new gods now'.
    This is how I interpreted it too.

Mighty Member

I wonder what the non-mutant major players in the MU think of all this. What's T'challa's and Wakanda's position on this development, do they see this as a threat to the stability and security of their nation? What about Doom, how his he viewing this and what will his response be? How about other races that call earth home, the Eternals, the Atlantians and others. And of course the beings and entities that have a vested interest in earth, Mephisto for example and others. Surely some/all of these parties will take issue over these turn of events and respond in some way or fashion. Some like to think it would be a cakewalk for mutants to conquer the world but I suspect it would be much more difficult than it would seem and victory is not assured. Yes mutants are vastly powerful but so are the potential forces arrayed against them.

Emma was right

So Charles always walks with Cerebro on his head? Not suspicious at all.
    The part where they says that “people are not welcome here” sounds evil and wrong.
    Last edited by Gamall; 07-24-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Professor X is merged with Fantomx people. It happened in Soule's Astonishing X-men run. That is why he is acting different. I believe this story is the reason he was resurrected. Fantomx always kept his face covered.

Looking at the art with out colour shows how good this artist is. I thought he was good. But not this good. It's in the details. Also it shows how good the colourist is as well. He took the effort and put clouds in the sky's. He added detail to the sun in those panels where there are close ups of the sun. Damn good work on their parts.
    Last edited by nnelg; 07-24-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Professor X is merged with Fantomx people. It happened in Soule's Astonishing X-men run. That is why he is acting different. I believe this story is the reason he was resurrected. Fantomx always kept his face covered.
    X however didnt. Hickman hadnt even made his pitch when Soule was hired to do AXM so he wasnt resurrected for this reason

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    That's not true. There is literally no trace of Fantomex on this Xavier. His soul was left on the Astral Plane while Charles used Proteus' power to reshape Fantomex' body into one fitting for him. What changed him are the thousand of years he spent on the Astral Plane fighting the Shadow King. This is what actually is said and shown on Soule's Astonishing X-Men.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

So...

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...74059460091904

EAQSmecXUAMIsRZ.jpg
    if I understand correctly those were in fact Scott and Jean
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-24-2019 at 04:55 PM.