Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default BL :Appreciation

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he doesn't really have much of a Rogues Gallery to speak of past Whale and Flash and Supergirl seem to have carte blanche to any and all obscure DC villains...
    I think he should go up against Daughters of the Confederacy the ones who scattered the statues around the country which also led to segregation laws. Also The Cult of the Lost Cause led behind the scenes by the evil Jim Crow who like the KKK seldom operated openly because they were basically cowards. You might as well show the real history behind the current issues including the various Supreme Courts who couldn't find anything wrong with legalized discrimination. Of course it would be difficult for DC to rationalize making action figures out of all this. I'm sure there would be plenty of fan demand for them though in the colors of the Stars and Bars. Bombshell Daughters hmm....

Mighty Member

Love the Outsiders reference in the latest episode

https://heroichollywood.com/flash-bl...ratings-union/

The ratings were up for episode 3!! It was almost at the same viewership as the series premiere and is now the 2nd highest rated show on the CW, surpassing Supergirl! That bodes well for a season 2!
    Last edited by El_Gato; 01-31-2018 at 07:07 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

The show is so much better then the other CW Arrowverse rubbish... I would say it is better than Arrow season 1 was at the same point in time.

Please keep it separate, self contained and street level. Maybe work towards building that Lightningverse with Static and the Outsiders.

If this winds up getting sucked into the CW crossovers and we see characters like Iris and Felicity... ugh, count me out.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    The show is so much better then the other CW Arrowverse rubbish... I would say it is better than Arrow season 1 was at the same point in time.

Please keep it separate, self contained and street level. Maybe work towards building that Lightningverse with Static and the Outsiders.

If this winds up getting sucked into the CW crossovers and we see characters like Iris and Felicity... ugh, count me out.
    Hate it when people put down other shows just to try to build up a show they like. Why can't we just enjoy all of them and be glad someone is making an attempt to give our comic book character some added attention.
    Just because they don't think the show meets their standards doesn't mean they should be nasty about it.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    https://heroichollywood.com/flash-bl...ratings-union/

The ratings were up for episode 3!! It was almost at the same viewership as the series premiere and is now the 2nd highest rated show on the CW, surpassing Supergirl! That bodes well for a season 2!
    Black Lightning is doing good
    let's hope the show can keep going up the entire run. That would ensure at least 3 seasons
    Best quality superhero show on TV
    Its been 3 episodes but its already way better than the Flash imo

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Black Lightning is doing good
    let's hope the show can keep going up the entire run. That would ensure at least 3 seasons
    Best quality superhero show on TV
    Its been 3 episodes but its already way better than the Flash imo
    Well, it's a very different show from The Flash.

I don't see Black Lightning fighting a telepathic gorilla or a guy with a codename like Weather Wizard.

And that's okay .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post

Static doesn’t need to be in this show and the show doesn’t need Static

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    I agree. We've got Black Lightning on TV, now give us Static in a big budget film. Reginald Hudlin, we're waiting.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    You don't seem like the person to reply to a DC forum thread.

I think with Jennifer/Lightning they'll probably approach the same kind of storylines or development that they probably would have done if they could use Virgil.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Hate it when people put down other shows just to try to build up a show they like. Why can't we just enjoy all of them and be glad someone is making an attempt to give our comic book character some added attention.
    Just because they don't think the show meets their standards doesn't mean they should be nasty about it.
    I'm not saying "Anyone who enjoys Supergirl is stupid" etc. I'm not trying to insult anyone, that's just my honest opinion. I was actually a huge fan of the CW shows in the past but the last two 2 years or so have seen a steep decline in quality in all of them across the board and it seems many others have noticed as well.

Black Lightning has had a strong start, much like Arrow did and I simply don't want it to go the very familiar route of the other CW shows.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Mighty Member

Lady Eve is a wonderful addition to the show

Electric Vision. Yes. Yes. I want to see this in the book.

One thing of note from issue #4: The use of actual black lightning strikes. Nice touch.