• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Timberjack View Post
    I have a question:What is the origin of the red gem that Ororo wears on her chest?Is it a heritage from her ancestors?does it have some mystical powers?
    It's part of the madripoor set, a collection of gem stones that supposedly sunk Atlantis. Storm has all of them somewhere.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    It's part of the madripoor set, a collection of gem stones that supposedly sunk Atlantis. Storm has all of them somewhere.
    do you know in which issue ororo uses it to teleport?

BANNED

When Storm misses me, she uses the ruby to teleport herself to the real world, into my arms.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    When Storm misses me, she uses the ruby to teleport herself to the real world, into my arms.
    interesting

BANNED

interesting
    Ahahahaha. Thank you.

BANNED

Not the number but it was used to teleport her from M'rin's dimension.

Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    My love, I adore you.

Spectacular Member

Not the number but it was used to teleport her from M'rin's dimension.
    Ororo used the cameo crystal M'rinn gave her to teleport in classic x-men,not her ancestral ruby opal

BANNED

Ororo used the cameo crystal M'rinn gave her to teleport in classic x-men,not her ancestral ruby opal
    Thanks for the correction. Then I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Next caaaaaaasssssseeeee!!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Storm isn't hard to write and yes she should be powerful.

And some those characters you mentioned have been powered down. Thor could time travel and open portals to other dimensions. Superman has been powered down. The Hulk's motto has always been the madder he gets the stronger he gets but he hasn't gained any new powers.

People are confusing not wanting an over-powered Storm to wanting a weak Storm and not being able to write stories that have a balance of character and powerful feats.

That's not the case at all. I want to see Storm do incredible scenes but I don't want some new power added every time she shows up.

Regardless if those characters are written donwn they still do great in a Team Book setting. So there is no excuse. None of us here want a weak Storm. But some of us want to see Storm grow and mature in power. Meaning we’d like to see her full potential that has been hinted, referenced and said multiple times now. We’re not asking for a EXTEREME ULTRA SUPER SAYAIN STORM LOL. We want a Storm that’s not afraid in showing her full power. She can still be well balanced and be very powerful too. We want to see her explore and experiment with her powers that could bring her to interesting new hieghts WHILE finding that Balance.

I don’t know who here wants a EXTREME ULTRA SUPER SAYAIN STORM. I know I don’t. There’s no need to have added powers when the Woman powers changes due to the Environment.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Regardless if those characters are written donwn they still do great in a Team Book setting. So there is no excuse. None of us here want a weak Storm. But some of us want to see Storm grow and mature in power. Meaning we’d like to see her full potential that has been hinted, referenced and said multiple times now. We’re not asking for a EXTEREME ULTRA SUPER SAYAIN STORM LOL. We want a Storm that’s not afraid in showing her full power. She can still be well balanced and be very powerful too. We want to see her explore and experiment with her powers that could bring her to interesting new hieghts WHILE finding that Balance.

I don’t know who here wants a EXTREME ULTRA SUPER SAYAIN STORM. I know I don’t. There’s no need to have added powers when the Woman powers changes due to the Environment.
    beautifully said my friend!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I don't necessarily wish Storm was in this title. I think Jean really deserves this treatment as she has been gone for far too long. However, it makes me made because Ororo should have been doing this well before now, like back during Schism. Instead they had her taking a back seat to Cyclops and Wolverine.
    Exactly. The mission Marvel gave Jean in Red should have gone to Ororo, to be honest. Jean going to the UN and all? Storm got X-Treme X-Men UN sanctioned and she should have a lot of political ties from being queen. Make no mistake about it, this is something they have been planning for Jean for well over a year now at least when Storm would have made the most sense to give this kind of a book to and put on a team roster like what Jean has. Jean, just coming back, should have been on a team of X-Men characters she knows well that would have missed her. She would have done well on X-Men Gold (take out Rachel and put Jean on the lineup and swap Polaris on the team for Storm).

So, first, we get Storm on a team being led by Kitty after all the bad writing Ororo got in IvX on top of years worth of Lightning Lass. Then, we get Jean coming back and leading a new team with a mission that would have made more sense for Storm to take the lead on while Storm takes a nap each issue of Gold. Who knows? Maybe originally the mission given to Jean's book was originally intended for Ororo by whoever came up with the concept and the editors decided to hold Storm back for Jean. I knew no good would come for Storm with Jean back. Storm's a more powerful character with a greater potential for fresh stories to tell than Jean Grey. On top of it, when written well, Storm has greater appeal to a much larger fanbase than Jean. As I have said time and again: Marvel has a problem with Storm being their leading female icon. They intentionally try and hold her back to prop up other women characters for that role.

There is an afro Latina anime that is the gold standard for women. It pulled no punches and developed the lead well. There is a lot out there.
    I don't know spoilers:
    she spends the entire show chasing after a man. lol
    end of spoilers Now if you want a strong female character, I go with Black Lagoon.