Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    To all of the racism apologists: How often does a racist admit to being a racist? And enough with all of the arguments about other reasons to vote for Trump. It sounds like people who argue that there were other reasons for the Civil War than slavery. Yes, in both cases, but every one of those reasons was tied into racism or slavery. Let's stop pretending otherwise.
    Even when Republicans own up to Trump being racist (or sexist, or Islamophobic, etc), many will still support him regardless.

-----
    "Sometimes you have to leave your policy behind and say that I can't support this candidate who says harmful things and encourages hate. But apparently this Republican party isn't up to that and instead will continue to make these 'disavowal' statements that mean nothing when you continue to endorse. But it's unsurprising considering that more traditional Republicans have echoed similar statements just in less explicit terms. Either the GOP doesn't have any type of moral backbone, or they are pandering with these disavowals and actually agree with his sentiments.

Either way, Trump is a monster they can only blame themselves for."
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-09-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Even when Republicans own up to Trump being racist (or sexist, or Islamophobic, etc), many will still support him regardless.

-----
    "Sometimes you have to leave your policy behind and say that I can't support this candidate who says harmful things and encourages hate. But apparently this Republican party isn't up to that and instead will continue to make these 'disavowal' statements that mean nothing when you continue to endorse. But it's unsurprising considering that more traditional Republicans have echoed similar statements just in less explicit terms. Either the GOP doesn't have any type of moral backbone, or they are pandering with these disavowals and actually agree with his sentiments.

Either way, Trump is a monster they can only blame themselves for."
    How about both. Republicans are pandering, racist scum without so much as one iota of morality.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

It's never his fault, it's always everyone else's fault.

The president feels that Hope Hicks has allowed her romantic relationship with Porter to really cloud her judgment and her decision-making ... that Hope Hicks put her own priorities above his and above the White House's.

Also, from AP.

BREAKING: Trump says he wishes aide accused of domestic violence well, hopes he’ll have a great career ahead of him.
    Also on that note...

President Trump on Rob Porter: “Very sad when we heard about it...as you probably know he says he’s innocent and I think you have to remember that.”
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 02-09-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    A pretty frigging huge reason, all the same.
    Trumps polling numbers surged after his "Mexicans are rapists" comments.
    That was the speech where he threw his hat into the ring along with Bush, Huckabee, Paul, Rubio and Walker. All well known names.
    After the initial uproar he came out ahead of all of them.
    Make of that what you will.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think there were other people than racists who voted for Trump. The unthinking voters I mentioned earlier. Then there were misogynists and Hillary haters.
    But now with his 30%, I think he is down to racist and racist apologists.
    I would add Evangelicals into Trump's ranks. However, many, many of them also check the box for racist/racist apologist as well.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Hicks has quite a love life...I think she dated Lewandowski, Miller (I thought was rumor/gossip at one point for at least a fling (?)), and Porter.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-09-2018 at 12:01 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Hicks has quite a love life...I think she dated Lewandowski, Miller (I thought was rumor at one point for at least a fling (?)), and Porter.
    This girl is getting passed around like a NYC subway token.

Astonishing Member

People are claiming that their checks are bigger. Mine is still the same. When do I get a fatter paycheck that'll enrich my life? I'm anxious to have that Costco membership paid.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    I would add Evangelicals into Trump's ranks. However, many, many of them also check the box for racist/racist apologist as well.
    When Trump promised to overturn Roe v. Wade if elected, that was it, they were onboard like nobody's business, and to hell with the fact he was a deviant, racist shitstain.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Beastie's Cartoons of the Week:

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Stock market looks exactly like the 1987 and 1994 crashes with bonds rising, same as those years.

Fun times ahead.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

JBat's one cartoon that I found right now:
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

JBat's one cartoon that I found right now:
    Pitting immigrants against citizens. Especially the not so covert idea that immigrants take black people's jobs. Beautifully demonstrating the kind of divisive racial politics Trump and the GOP enjoy.

That you don't see this as racist is a big part of your problem.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I think you're arguing against a point I haven't made.

An Everyday Feminism endorsed webcomic is an example of something that fits my preconceived notions?
    No, but you seem to be confusing it with a sociological textbook or a dictionary.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Hicks has quite a love life...I think she dated Lewandowski, Miller (I thought was rumor/gossip at one point for at least a fling (?)), and Porter.
    Or she wasn't dating any of them and they were a cover for who she was really "dating".
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!